What's up with mods closing every thread?

Rootsie

Seriously, out of the last 5 threads I started reading, 4 of them were eventually closed by a mod. Most of them weren't duplicate posts, but the mods still closed them and linked to other threads that were vaguely similar.

• Thread discussing patch 1.1? Close and link to the patchnotes.

• Thread discussing different issues in patch 1.1? Close and link to one thread talking about one specific issue.

• Thread comparing SW:TOR to another MMO? Close because THIS. IS. STARWARS!

• And this thread will probably get closed and linked to the forum rules or something.

That's my rant for the day. Sorry for wasting your time.

/closed

Thank God they're closing the repetitive threads. Most of them are just full of complaining about the same stuff every other thread is complaining about.

Not that I don't think the complaints are valid, but we don't need a new thread for every person who thinks their hatred of a particular issue is somehow unique.

Thank God they're closing the repetitive threads. Most of them are just full of complaining about the same stuff every other thread is complaining about.

Not that I don't think the complaints are valid, but we don't need a new thread for every person who thinks their hatred of a particular issue is somehow unique.

Closing discussion threads in this board, and linking to other boards, isn't going to fix the problem. It's just going to cause more people who have the same complaints start a new thread, because they don't see one already here.

Closing discussion threads in this board, and linking to other boards, isn't going to fix the problem. It's just going to cause more people who have the same complaints start a new thread, because they don't see one already here.

And how is having multiple threads on the same issue supposed to help?

If the mods can redirect to another thread, at least they are aware there's another thread, so somebody at Bioware has seen the complaints. Why take over the whole front page with them? How about if someone has a different issue, and is knocked right off the front page because it's not the QQ of the moment? I don't see how that's going to help, either.

Edited by imtrick

I have to agree. Alot of the closed threads did in someway invite possible constructive criticism and discussion, and yet, they were closed in around 5-10 minutes of them being created.

Seriously, the mods have to stop being so trigger-happy. I love reading this forum and all the comments from both sides of the fence (I'm in the middle atm) and understand that derailed threads need to be closed, but this really is getting silly.

This. And only this.

Exactly. Too many people feel their complaints are unique or their spin on it NEEDS to be read so they start a new thread right on top of the many others saying the same thing.

This. Every snowflake who has an opinion thinks it deserves its own special thread.