The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Post 1.1 Ilum PVP Issues Discussion

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The guild leaders got together and discussed it. They pulled their people out of the spawn point in order to make it more fun. So the guilded empire players are not spawn camping anymore. The unguilded ones are still pressing them to the base, but alot of it has died down, due to players making the decision to stop the afk farm.

This was done so the Reb would start spawning again, sitting on the spawn spot seemed to break the spawn.

Pulling back a bit to allow players to spawn so they can be harvested makes more sense.

Edited by Slowne

The guild leaders got together and discussed it. They pulled their people out of the spawn point in order to make it more fun. So the guilded empire players are not spawn camping anymore. The unguilded ones are still pressing them to the base, but alot of it has died down, due to players making the decision to stop the afk farm.

Thanks for the explanation. I'm glad to see players working together to make sure everyone can at least play the game.

If this isnt fixed in 2 days im not resubbing.

Also, feel free to hire me as a pvp designer. All I do is pvp in MMOs for the last few years, I know whats fun and what pisses people off.

Do I have experience in the field? No, but by the looks of things neither do the guys you have working for you right now.

Edited by Ratham

ROLLBACK THE SERVERS PLEASE!

You have invalidated the Battlemaster rank and all those who invested so much time and energy into working towards it. Just reset this, take it back to the drawing board!

Please, please rollback the servers!

It is time to rollback the servers from this patch. This patch is a disaster.

Relax they say. It will be fine they say. I say that's crap.

The only possible fix is to rollback the valor, I don't want to compete against 200 battlemasters when I hit 50 next week, I do not.

If they simply don't revert the valor gained since 1.1 I am canceling my sub.

PvP is what I play SWTOR for, and nothing else. People having HUGE gear advantages due EXPLOITING a patch is not what I signed up for.

Rollback the valor gained since 1.1 or lose thousands of subs, seems like an easy choice for bioware.

Yet why do I have the feeling they'll just let everyone keep their valor, like with the money exploits.

now hold on here. i gained valor today, alot, thanks to my actually enjoying pvp brackets without 50's. they roll back my valor too ima be pissed.

Thanks for the explanation. I'm glad to see players working together to make sure everyone can at least play the game.

They're doing it for their own benefit. They realize that they will lose easy farm points if republic stop going there.

got to post on this epic thread +1

this is a cluster**** and i cant believe i spent the time to be server first trooper and get my valor rank to 57 lol waiting for official response and it better sound like a chorus of angels or theyre not getting 1 months sub out of me

Keep the post up. Even though most will not be read, it will give those in the design team who predicted this fiasco support.

Was in Ilum have went from 'gentleman's agreement' to genocide. Af first, the Republic side puts up a fight, however as the number of Empire players increases, the struggle is hopeless. Once you're outnumbered 2:1, the turret is the only defense. Once you're outnumbers 5:1, they're killing the turret, and you're spawn killed a your own med center as the turret is being farmed. This is simply not workable.

The fix on the GCD broke things even worse. In Ilum I was experiencing a problem where the count down timer for every skill doesn't refresh for an entire 30 seconds. It is simply 'stuck'. When both side spam their AoE, everything goes to a crawl. What we need is a quick fix, or a rollback. Valor earned today should be rolled back as well. The exploiter ma be unhappy, however leaving it the way it is will be a total disaster.

Many MMORPG have a promising start, only to see massive unsubcription with the first major update. I like SWTOR a lot, however if the change is not rolled back, it'll become F2P in 3 months. Bioware, please listen to your fan base : ROLL IT BACK.

+1. if the game were free... that guy would have a point. i dont pay people so that i can do their work for them.

^^

Exactly this. Mind you I'm not surprised at all the deleting of posts. When I stated this in numerous recent tickets raised about bugs in the game, my tickets were deleted. Then my ticket about my tickets getting deleted was deleted. And before you ask - they weren't abusive and they actually raised real bugs.

Awesome customer service.

Edited by RoanUr

So after actually playing the new Ilum, its not that bad. You get great honor for kills. We had a group of 24 republic slaughtering Empire for like an hour. We never killed any of the turrets though, and honestly that's pretty hard to do if there's any sort of resistance.

I"m starting to think most people ************ are trying to go to Ilum solo instead of in a group.

And for the record, after killing people for an hour straight, I only gained like a 1.5 valor ranks. From 36 to 37.5

You sir, are in the minority. On both counts (valor gain and overall experience)

All they needed was a buff to the side with less people zone wide. There, done. Then tweak as necessary.

FPS is horrible with 25-50 people on the screen. Getting around 4-8 fps at best. How can the game engine be this horrible?

Bioware went with a FREE game engine. Can you believe it..PROOF

a game with 300 million dollars invested and they went with a FREE engine.

Thats where majority of the FPS issues and what not comes from

Incompetent people.. The entire SWTOR DEV Team

I don't think its posable to roll back though. I am sure they have server backups of our charater data, but I don't think they can just press a button and "roll back" valor. Maybe restore from the last backup but who knows when that was done.

Ok I got a warning for saying "I miss Party Rock"

So I guess I need to spell everything out with the simple minded Forum admins and Devs.

Party Rock is the Rock at which all Empire players would hangout on while AFKing and Trading in the old Ilum PvP battle.

So by saying "I miss Party Rock" it means this new system is horrible and I miss the horrible win trading more.

There you go simpleton, delete this post too.