Post 1.1 Ilum PVP Issues Discussion

JovethGonzalez

Fact: This thread has more outrage than the people against SOPA.

This is a sad, but true statement.

How if I yelled at a you for doing something wrong all the time. You'd hate it, but if you got constructive feedback you'd be more accepting and probably change for the better. Seriously, I think half the people are here are rage-filled 14 year olds that use mom's credit card.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you know that we are currently working on an official response to these issues and we will be posting it soon. Please understand that these issues require some time to investigate and we are making sure that we provide you all with the most updated information in our official response.

We understand that some of you may be frustrated, but we ask for your patience on this to give us time to respond with thorough developer input.

Thank you to those of you that have been posting constructively in this thread.

We will have a response shortly.

I reiterate what I said in my post previously. Game design triage is something blizzard does horribly, sony does worse, and you're following in their footsteps.

You screwed up. it's a new game, it happens. No one rational thinks this is some giant conspiracy against the republic. But if the PVP area on Ilum is still active, you're doing it wrong. If you don't have tools to get *EVERYONE* off a planet, and then shut down that planet, you need to do some serious soul searching in your development leads, to ask why this sort of problem wasn't envisioned as needing tools. If you don't have tools to shut off a quest, on a live server, you need to ask why that is the case. If you can't shut of PVP in the only big pvp area you need to ask why no one anticipated the possibility of an exploit (or design flaw in this case, but same effect) that would need to be stopped for the whole zone. This is basic, obvious stuff to anyone who has played MMO's, let alone developed them.

A longer term, thought out, and managed response is also necessary, of course. What, if anything can (or will) you do about the mess this caused is a longer term, much harder question. But, from what I can tell, the rampant 'exploiting' (for want of a better phrase) on ilum is still ongoing. From the looks of things on my server (Tarro blood) there's a sort of legitimate game of whack a mole going on, where we're chasing after them, they're trying to evade, which isn't so bad. The spawn camping though... that's not so good.

It should be illegal to be this stupid. There's just no way around the fact that this was a known issue AND anyone with half a brain could have figured out what would happen even if the issues weren't known to begin with.

But the issues were known and that makes this just ... I mean you lose faith in humankind when you see such lack of professionalism, intelligense and ... I'm at loss for words.

No words can describe how painfully inept some of the work in this patch is.

Buff the side with less population. Debuff the side with to many. Spawn NPC that are champions in the battlefield on the side that has less population.

Give people more incentive to play Republic. Like double XP or some awesome looking gear. Give a bigger boost of Valor to those that play on the side with barely any population.

I mean do something for those that play the losing side. Hell, put Heroes on the battlefield so it makes this like Star Wars: Battlefront.

This...never works out the way it seems. They need to fix the problem not reverse it. In reality this would only give the Imperials MORE incentive to camp and deny, not only on Ilum, but also on other worlds.

And incentive to play republic? Uhm...thats more like saying if you want to level up quick, join Republic. If you want to have it hard, Join imperial. Sorry there scooter, people should play what they want to play, without being forced into anything. Buffing one side does nothing but compound, reverse, or mutate the problems.

Thats proven. Name one successful MMO that did this. You can't, the ones that tried failed. What would be easier is to make more instances of Ilum, and attempt to keep the same amount of people on both sides in each instance. Break it up in short.

They did not roll back valor when people first started queuing for warzones and having it get closed down due to the lack of players, they will not roll back now either.

Thats different from this.. back then people were still low lvls and could not gain more valor rank than the level they were at

This is unlimited valor farm..

You cant even compare the 2

Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you know that we are currently working on an official response to these issues and we will be posting it soon. Please understand that these issues require some time to investigate and we are making sure that we provide you all with the most updated information in our official response.

We understand that some of you may be frustrated, but we ask for your patience on this to give us time to respond with thorough developer input.

Thank you to those of you that have been posting constructively in this thread.

We will have a response shortly.

Just make sure the phrase "roll back" is in there.

There is a zero % chance of me renewing if any of this valor is kept. I worked to hard for battlemaster for it to be handed out for free.

This...never works out the way it seems. They need to fix the problem not reverse it. In reality this would only give the Imperials MORE incentive to camp and deny, not only on Ilum, but also on other worlds.

And incentive to play republic? Uhm...thats more like saying if you want to level up quick, join Republic. If you want to have it hard, Join imperial. Sorry there scooter, people should play what they want to play, without being forced into anything. Buffing one side does nothing but compound, reverse, or mutate the problems.

Thats proven. Name one successful MMO that did this. You can't, the ones that tried failed. What would be easier is to make more instances of Ilum, and attempt to keep the same amount of people on both sides in each instance. Break it up in short.

So you're saying this game is doomed? Empire will be playing by themselves soon.

It should be illegal to be this stupid. There's just no way around the fact that this was a known issue AND anyone with half a brain could have figured out what would happen even if the issues weren't known to begin with.

But the issues were known and that makes this just ... I mean you lose faith in humankind when you see such lack of professionalism, intelligense and ... I'm at loss for words.

No words can describe how painfully inept some of the work in this patch is.

intelligence* lol.... sorry i didnt mean it i had to.. :p but yeah um this needs to be fixed now so we can go back to normals! Beacuse Star Wars.