Grats on free battlemaster+ valor ranks for all empire players!

Eddizel

As we speak, people are sitting in ilum farming ungodly amounts of valor off the repub base spawn and simply resetting the quest over and over for more valor!

Battlemasters will litter the server by tonight.

I could go on a rant about this game but it isn't even worth my time, we all know that it failed to surpass WOW in every single gameplay aspect, and I hate WOW and am not going back to it, but this was bad.

Hey, it had a cool story though................/facepalm.

Whats funny here, is in wow, so many people could and still can cheat and exploit in the bgs. I have seen a dwarf rogue get attacked by the whole entire horde team and not take damage. So don't claim that wow, even after 6-7 years is any better. This game is only a month old, and it has so much room for improvement. Give it time. And BW has already said they are aware of the people who took advantage of the Ilum fiasco, and they are going to take the proper measures. What is wrong with everyone thinking games are supposed to come out perfect on release now days? I can remember back when daoc came out, there were so many bugs and issues with that game, they always will have issues there is no way to avoid it. They can only keep trying to improve it and fix it, and we have to be patient and wait for them to fix it.

Funny thing is on my server it actually turned into a even battle. The Republic team organized and stopped us from getting to their turret so we ended up camping outside their base killing any stragglers. It basically turned into a whoever could pull the other side in to gank them. So on my server this became a non issue. So its not all empire players.

So basically they screwed the pooch.

If they rollback valor a bunch of people that got legit valor could potentially get punished.

If they dont you have unbalanced pvp from all the ppl that farmeed battlemaster even if they nerf it for everyone else after the fact.

Also, its kinda lame for them to call something an exploit when the people doing this were actually doing something the game allowed them to do. It was designed that way BioFail just didnt anticipate it happening. Its especially stupid when people on the PTR said it would happen.

Oh cool Nov 2011 acting like he knows our opinions. New/original

Oh Cool, a "Join Date" elitist acting all smug and holier than thou.

Seriously... if an individuals forum Join Date is the best argument you can provide to discount something they said.... pretty pathetic.

~S

The amount of Valor granted from these activities was significantly more than intended and we are now carefully investigating players who were on Ilum during this period, and present at some of these 'camping' events. I can reassure you that those who were involved and who gained an unfair advantage over other players inappropriately will be carefully reviewed and action will be taken to restore game balance. This could include Valor adjustments or account actions in accordance with the severity of the issue.

We have made the decision not to enact a mass 'rollback' of Valor points for all players in the game, or even on Ilum. This would unfairly penalize some players who may not have been present during this event. Rest assured though, anyone and everyone who is found to have exploited the situation to an unreasonable degree will be investigated and actions taken as needed. Our in-game metrics are able to give us precise details on where players were, what they were doing and what rewards they gained.

That is part of the quote given by Bioware/EA today. I find it amusing that they might actually take action against accounts for a bug their development team missed. -30 companion points. Maybe they should take action against the dev team.

So basically they screwed the pooch.

If they rollback valor a bunch of people that got legit valor could potentially get punished.

If they dont you have unbalanced pvp from all the ppl that farmeed battlemaster even if they nerf it for everyone else after the fact.

Also, its kinda lame for them to call something an exploit when the people doing this were actually doing something the game allowed them to do. It was designed that way BioFail just didnt anticipate it happening. Its especially stupid when people on the PTR said it would happen.

They are only rolling back valor for the exploiters.

It was an exploit, do you know what an exploit is? It came about from a mistake from the patch, and people took advantage of it. Not sure why people don't understand this. Or they are just trolling/dumb, i don't know lol

I for one am glad they are taking action against those who exploited this and farmed aton of valor....I was sick of companies like blizzard turning blind eyes to all the exploiting going on in that game over the years and it was basically a well that's too bad, get over it issue and nothing was done about it.

They are only rolling back valor for the exploiters.

It was an exploit, do you know what an exploit is? It came about from a mistake from the patch, and people took advantage of it. Not sure why people don't understand this. Or they are just trolling/dumb, i don't know lol

Thats the lie they tell you after the fact. lol 'misstake' in the patch. Saying the turrets were never supposed to be destroyed is a blatant lie. If they werent supposed to be destroyed you wouldnt be able to attack them.

"oh uhhh....it wasnt supposed to work like that."

It wasnt a bug they are just fail at testing.

The fact remains that it was in the game and any semi-competent developer would have known this would happen before letting it go live.

People on the PTR *SAID* it was happening before it went live and they *STILL* didnt fix it. Most people would take that as a sign of working as intended.

Maybe YOU dont understand what an exploit is. An exploit is duping or speed hacking. Using game mechanics that they never said you couldnt do is NOT an exploit, its just a fail on the developer's part.

Stop defending their incompetence.

Edited by oflow

So I've got fraps videos of people doing this and for the most part, those who were there at the start of me recording and there 2-3 hours + later are still in the game playing, most of them can be found AFK'ing/Queuing at the Combat section of the fleet with BM Titles.

So I guess those who did it for < 3 hours didn't get anything done so far.