Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

*** is this?

tormentuk

Maybe Bioware is trying to send the PVP crowd a message. Oh I dunno maybe like -This isn't a PVP game - or if we make you suffer enough you'll leave :D

Seriously if you're in this game to PVP you will never be happy. And once they start catering to the PVP crowd interfering with my PVE- then I wonn't be happy.

Everyone can't be happy. This was obviously a bad decision but it's what happens when they start trying to do things for PVPers. They can never be pleased and when you make a mistake in development they act like the world is fugging ending.

You genuinely believe that Bioware spent time developing Warzones, Ilum, PvP armor, a commendation system and so on because they don't want PvP in their game? They might not have everything perfect yet (spoilers: they don't) and there are a lot of balancing issues still to address but to suggest they hate "catering to the PvP crowd" is just crazy.

"I know," said the Bioware developer, "we hate PvP right? What if we made loads of PvP stuff, hired an entire team to work on it and spent millions of dollars and man hours creating content for PvP players so we can then break it and laugh at them when they cry. That'll show them how much we really hate PvP. Grrrr!"

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

With the amount of instancing in this game you'd think Ilum would have something set up to limit the amount of players inside, and create a new instance if there is enough players waiting in queue.

It's been done in other games...

Boy if all these issues dont drop subs like crazy I dont know what will.

Fanboy's are very quiet on the forums now lol.

bad balance is bad

Because most of us are still in our 30s or leveling alts.

WE understand that endgame for newly launched mmos is comprised of whining like kids on the forums...WE choose not to partake in this endgame until 6 months after launch.

Enjoy you endgame. :D

With the amount of instancing in this game you'd think Ilum would have something set up to limit the amount of players inside, and create a new instance if there is enough players waiting in queue.

Unfortunately there will have be an instancing of Ilum for it to be successful. As long as people can freely roll the class of their choosing in any game there can never be balanced open world pvp. The next step is to create unkillable ravaging NPC's that guard the bases of opposing teams. That way they can't exploit the mechanics like we see in this video. 1 hit 1 kill mobs around the rez pads will solve this problem.

Not being able to go to a planet because it's overpopulated is gonna be a tough sell imo, but i've seen things akin to Ilum channel 1, 2, 3, etc. so there are other ways as well.

Maybe Bioware is trying to send the PVP crowd a message. Oh I dunno maybe like -This isn't a PVP game - or if we make you suffer enough you'll leave :D

Seriously if you're in this game to PVP you will never be happy. And once they start catering to the PVP crowd interfering with my PVE- then I wonn't be happy.

Everyone can't be happy. This was obviously a bad decision but it's what happens when they start trying to do things for PVPers. They can never be pleased and when you make a mistake in development they act like the world is fugging ending.

WoW made everyone happy.

Remember Tol Barad?

Edited by Devorin_Sargothi

Have to ask yourself why so many peeps went imperial in the first place.

From my experience in gaming online, people choose one side over the other creating lack of balance when their is some advantage to be gained.

Don't have to be a rocket scientist to know what this trend means about the game and combat balance.

Because most of us are still in our 30s or leveling alts.

WE understand that endgame for newly launched mmos is comprised of whining like kids on the forums...WE choose not to partake in this endgame until 6 months after launch.

Enjoy you endgame. :D

Have fun leveling for 6 months.

I don't know many people who would want to still not even have a full skill tree for 6 months. You're referring to the 4-8 day leveling period stretched over 6 months.

End-game is what keeps players playing, without it, you're just playing a single player campaign over and over.

Have fun leveling for 6 months.

I don't know many people who would want to still not even have a full skill tree for 6 months. You're referring to the 4-8 day leveling period stretched over 6 months.

End-game is what keeps players playing, without it, you're just playing a single player campaign over and over.

Truth.

And I hear ME3 is going to be a Kinect game.

So long Bioware, we hardly knew ye. Give our regards to Factor 5.

Still trying to figure out how anyone can blame Bioware for people making a choice at the faction selection screen ...

They would've known the ratios upon people signing up to the servers. It should've been addressed during EGA.

The only way to fix the problem is to allow people on low pop servers to transfer across to the Republic side only.

This was pretty painful to watch. I am not going to blindly join the masses saying this video sounded the death knell for the game I'd like to know whether they actually thought this through, anticipated or whether they just wanted to finish stuff first and balance months later.

Or maybe they just ran the maths but ignored the current reality.

I have been in a similar situation - not as ridiculous as this one though - in 2005 in WoW. Being spawn-camped by the superior faction sucks. If there would at least be a way to choose a spawn point or medi-probe respawning (not asking for ghost-walking though).

How do you suggest they fix it?

There were some good ideas discussed in this thread.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=131309

Incentives for the republic, adding one alien exclusive race (Torguta, Kel,Dor, Nautolan or even Wookie), improved armor design.

Much can be done really to increase interest for a specific faction.

I know this comparison won't be to every ones liking, but all who are familiar with WoW and majority of people are regardless of what they say, can remember what a simple addition of Blood Elves to the horde did for the faction numbers, they increased vastly.