Some Intel for a new Maruarder :)

StoneBawls

Starting to play Maruarder was wondering if anyone would like to share some Intel on the class. Best spec for PvP best spec for lvling. All these things would be excellent and would help me a lot. Please and Thank you for your time.:cool:

Annilation.

Keep deadly saber & rupture up. AOE packs fall over with a Smash, deadly saber & sweeping strikes combo.

Stick with Vette until you get Quinn & just gear him up constantly, you wont have trouble with him. I did the mistake of trying out all my companions which is unforgiving as a marauder.

Edited by Kodokai

Starting to play Maruarder was wondering if anyone would like to share some Intel on the class. Best spec for PvP best spec for lvling. All these things would be excellent and would help me a lot. Please and Thank you for your time.:cool:

The masses will all yell Rage for PvP and Annihilation for leveling.

I do both as Carnage and do more than fine. Keep your gear up to date, manage your cooldowns right and don't be stupid and you can excel with any of them.

Rage sucks because you'll want to be a juggernaut instead, and carnage is lower sustained dps then anni but less spikey. Deadly saber is ok dps but really pvp as a marauder will make you want to reroll something else, as 1.1 takes away the fun of roflstomping lvl 11s on your champion geared character which is pretty much the only thing marauders where ever good at.

Best tip for any marauder starting out: reroll juggernaut while you still can. :D

this. lol.

Yea the class compared to all other classes will seem extremely difficult. dont worry its not your fault its the design, very unforgiving.

I agree with leveling as annihilation, makes strong/elite mobs easier to kill and the damage is very good.

Also i still dont think i like carnage for leveling. I did try it for a good week in both PVP OPS and Flashpoints. That armor pen ability is completely obtrusive.

Best tip for any marauder starting out: reroll juggernaut while you still can. :D

QFT

No, seriously though, if I could go back to the day I rolled my Marauder and clicked "Juggernaut" I would in a heartbeat.

As for Marauder help, I leveled Carnage and had NO issues whatsoever. People say Annihilation is the best spec for leveling but I feel that it's far more suited for end-game content. Really, all 3 specs are viable for leveling, so choose what you feel is most comfortable and true to your playstyle.

QFT

No, seriously though, if I could go back to the day I rolled my Marauder and clicked "Juggernaut" I would in a heartbeat.

As for Marauder help, I leveled Carnage and had NO issues whatsoever. People say Annihilation is the best spec for leveling but I feel that it's far more suited for end-game content. Really, all 3 specs are viable for leveling, so choose what you feel is most comfortable and true to your playstyle.

Same, people say Anhi this and Rage that, but I like Carnage. I worried it was weaker, so I tried Annhi, and I didn't like it. So back to Carnage. I'm doing fine PvE and PvP :)

I would say Carnage feels a little weaker before you hit 30.. 35? Whenever you get Gore.

Also:

WARNING! This is the hardest class to play. If you are cool with that, if you're a serious gamer, then by all means, go for it! As you get higher to max level, you start feeling more powerful, and its a pretty fun class, though challenging.

If you're new to MMORPGs, or if you're a casual gamer, then I REALLY recommend you re-roll Juggernaut while you still can. Its much simpler and can do just as much DPS, and you can tank, too! Kinda wish I had gone Jugg now, although I'm getting better at Mara.

Edited by miliways