Weekly server maintenance EU times?

Crenshaw

Well, being ganged up on by 3 EUs that are rightfully irritated but seemingly outsourcing their anger on me, who isnt even one of those who says "Its EU, dont care"... GAH!!!:mad:

IT'S AN AMERICAN!!! KILL THEM!!!!!!

*angry mob, rabble rabble, grab the pitchforks and torches*

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These maintanences is getting quite annoying. and that there is so many too. I do not understand why they put it for example how it's put today 2PM to 6PM. I mean, why just not put it very early in the morning 'till around 10AM or something like that? I don't mean to mention WoW just because many compare SWTOR to WoW, but I can't remember WoW had any of these maintanences. And if so, they were certainly on "better" times and not as long as these (yesterday it was 8h? And that was just for preperation?).

I don't want to seem like a hater but this is just getting quite disturbing.

Well, i understand the need for patching after yesterdays fiasco, but this is just not on. Every damn time the EU gets the short end of the stick here. EA/BW are somehow turing a bad rep into something worse.

I for one am looking forward to Diablo 3. Was hoping this game would provide me with a good fix, but sadly not.

These maintanences is getting quite annoying. and that there is so many too. I do not understand why they put it for example how it's put today 2PM to 6PM. I mean, why just not put it very early in the morning 'till around 10AM or something like that? I don't mean to mention WoW just because many compare SWTOR to WoW, but I can't remember WoW had any of these maintanences. And if so, they were certainly on "better" times and not as long as these (yesterday it was 8h? And that was just for preperation?).

I don't want to seem like a hater but this is just getting quite disturbing.

Well it wasnt 8 hours for prep yesterday as we got the patch and I was playing less than 5 hours after the servers went down.

Today is an emergency patch. That should not factor into these discussion. Or would you rather wait and have the patch 12h later? Ilum is unplayable right now. PvP balance totally (and permanently - if they don't do a valor reroll) broken and getting more out of hand with every minute.

Don't be naive, the control is EA's.

THEY HAVE BOUGHT BIOWARE, they OWN it, they CONTROL it. You are either naive or too young or I am horribly wrong, what is it?

The game is quoted as Bioware are the devs, so what if EA own them? My company are owned by another, but I report to my company and work for my company and to my company rules and decisions.

Please refrain from age comments, as my 40th is not far away now :(

so, how is 4 pm till 8 pm (finnish time) not PRIME TIME, bioware?

But i see the USA only gets a few hours early morning again....

If you don't stop treating europe like second-class players, I doubt my account will last more than the 1 month sub i used.

Another issue I have forgotten to mention...

TEST YOUR PATCHES, so we don't have double maintenance sessions in retarded for EU times.

Atm they TEST the patches on live, intentionally. None will go to test server to seriously test, since people want to play the game they are paying and not be slaves to EA testing for free... SO, they test on live and then repatch.

DO better internal testing, seriously. You ridicule yourself.

Edited by Lord_Indomitus

You were nothing more than Mercs in WW2. We only just finished paying for your services.

Plus to top it all off; we only had to wait for Winter and Russia :(

Nope, i distinctly remember reading about a secret trade program with us when you were being bombarded in the late 30's and before we entered the war! :p War supplies for...something i forgot.

Anyho, to get back OT despite me loving history oh so much (<3 Churchill's "History fo the English Speaking Peoples) I hope they figure this mess out. i hate seeing ANYONE'S Prime Time interrupted, although if it interrupted mine i could go and play Aion with my sis or something i suppose.

Oh good lord, my neutrality soundingness is making me look like Switzerland! >.>

Edited by Clova

Today is an emergency patch. That should not factor into these discussion. Or would you rather wait and have the patch 12h later? Ilum is unplayable right now. PvP balance totally (and permanently - if they don't do a valor reroll) broken and getting more out of hand with every minute.

It's their own damn fault. They should've TESTED the damn thing before deploying it live. I'm so sick and tired of getting the short end of the stick every single freaking time, just because I happen to live in Europe.

Todays patch is an exeption...I accept this because they have to do this..But the normal maintenance is not fair...

If they do not want to split the time equal between us and eu then they should do it on turns..

One week night maintenance for the eu and the next time for the us.

We have half the subs here sow they should treat us just the same.

If u are a customer u have the same rights as the other customers and at this Bioware is serious lacking atm.

This emergency patch should of happened a lot sooner than it is.

Still no more on this from Bioware.

I still can't understand why down times have to be for so many hours.

I even changed my weeks pan this week to avoid being free on Tuesday and then got shafted when the maintenance was changed! Can't win any way.

yeah, gotta say they get an F in the consistancy department. I understand emergency fixes, but normal mait and content patches should stay on the same day of the week.

It's their own damn fault. They should've TESTED the damn thing before deploying it live. I'm so sick and tired of getting the short end of the stick every single freaking time, just because I happen to live in Europe.

I'm not saying that it is not their fault. I just think you need to separate the issues. The ****ed up patch is really inexcusable. The maintenance times for europe though is a different thing where people have different opinions (as said, I'm all for the current way of patching times if we get the patch at the same time as US players).