Could something be done about farming in Huttball?

Bigchristophe

Hello, I'm a decent sniper. I usually end warzones in top 2 dmg and I do my job well. That being said all I do is solo queue warzones with an occasional friend tagging along. This isn't a whine about premades, as when I queue solo I know full well going into the game that I could come up against a premade. My team may be destroyed and I accept that because thats just how pugging goes. I just think something could be done about the farmfest when in the 1 sided games.

I've been on both sides of this particular coin and it isn't fun either way in my opinion. It is obviously not fun getting farmed for 8 minutes while the other team throws the ball at you to get defense points. It's also not fun when your team so outmatches the other that there is simply no challenge to be had. If I am in a farm game on the winning side I usually try and wrest the ball away and finish it out and if I cant i sit in mid because there is no fun or challenge in destroying people who clearly arent organized or geared. I don't really see alot of people complaining about this so maybe it is just me or I'm venting but I had a suggestion.

Make 6 cap wins in huttball generate more valor and comms based on how much time is left. I think this would encourage the steamroll teams to just finish the game quickly for more reward than farming while also ending the game quickly for the losing side, making it more enjoyable overall. This was all I could think of to remedy this problem, and it doesn't seem like something that would be implemented anyway but hey thought I'd put my 2 cents in.

The 50 bracket will help but there will still be over matched groups.

I guess they could make winning the game faster worth more valor/commendations than farming for medals - but then some groups will just massively win commendations.

Not sure much can be done.

I actually think that is a pretty good solution. I got put into a game last night with about 2 mins left in the game, the other team was up 5-0 and was just sitting at our team goal line throwing the ball at players still in the starting area which insta kills them.

I didn't really mind because it was only 2 mins to get the xp valor and comms but the people on my team that had been playing the whole game were very upset and it is the kind of thing that could ruin the whole experience for a player.

Now I realize that this was 99% the fault of the other team just being ******e trolls but some help form the design end to discourage that type of behavior would be a good thing for the game.

The 50 bracket will help but there will still be over matched groups.

I guess they could make winning the game faster worth more valor/commendations than farming for medals - but then some groups will just massively win commendations.

Not sure much can be done.

I'm not sure why you say "Not sure much can be done" when what you just posted is a perfectly viable solution that should drastically reduce teams from farming enemies. Yes, this means there would most likely be more premades stomping pugs in Warzones but Bioware simply cannot prevent friends from grouping and doing premades. PvP in MMOs emphasizes teamplay moreso than individual play so why wouldn't you want to group with your guildmates/friends for WZs?

You should get far more Valor and Commendations for winning a game 6-0 very quickly, such as in the first 5 minutes, then you would if you farmed out the game.

In general, there needs to be far more INCENTIVES in PvP, in both open world and in Warzones. Players will simply do the fastest method possible to attain rewards no matter what method that may be. In this case, farming Warzones can potentially be more efficient than winning a quick 6-0 Huttball. This obviously depends on what server you play on and how bad your WZ queues are.

More incentives (more medals/valor/commendations) + better rewards (pvp gear) = better Warzones

Edited by copasetic

Hello, I'm a decent sniper. I usually end warzones in top 2 dmg and I do my job well. That being said all I do is solo queue warzones with an occasional friend tagging along. This isn't a whine about premades, as when I queue solo I know full well going into the game that I could come up against a premade. My team may be destroyed and I accept that because thats just how pugging goes. I just think something could be done about the farmfest when in the 1 sided games.

I've been on both sides of this particular coin and it isn't fun either way in my opinion. It is obviously not fun getting farmed for 8 minutes while the other team throws the ball at you to get defense points. It's also not fun when your team so outmatches the other that there is simply no challenge to be had. If I am in a farm game on the winning side I usually try and wrest the ball away and finish it out and if I cant i sit in mid because there is no fun or challenge in destroying people who clearly arent organized or geared. I don't really see alot of people complaining about this so maybe it is just me or I'm venting but I had a suggestion.

Make 6 cap wins in huttball generate more valor and comms based on how much time is left. I think this would encourage the steamroll teams to just finish the game quickly for more reward than farming while also ending the game quickly for the losing side, making it more enjoyable overall. This was all I could think of to remedy this problem, and it doesn't seem like something that would be implemented anyway but hey thought I'd put my 2 cents in.

Giving bonus valor/commendations to quick winners in Huttball is not a bad idea in a vaccuum. The problem is that Empire plays Huttball so much more than Republic, if they didn't do this with the other two warzones as well, the Imps would end up with a significant gear farming advantage.

I suppose then the solution would be to make Alderaan give bonuses for lopsided wins (most points left when you defeat the opponents' ship) and Voidstar give more based on time taken.

Now of course, if you do all of that, it encourages pre-mades (not inherently a bad thing), and since they have an easier time winning and are now getting bonuses every time they steamroll a team, they begin to receive gear and valor levels at a much greater rate than solo queue players. At that point you have to put in pre-made checks for warzone queues.

Seems like a lot of work would be involved to maintain balance, but I would like to see some sort of change to Huttball farming. I just don't have the magic solution.

Edited by vindianajones