Searing Saber not adding 30% crit damage

Zhorx

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but 30% extra base is not better than 30% extra to crit damage, especially when Zen is up (which is often). My dots crit more of then than they don't, so I'm hardly seeing that 30% base anyway.

+30% dot base damage is better, it will apply to all damage including critical hits instead of only crits, hence why they will buff up plasma blade a little.

Edited by RamzaBehoulve

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but 30% extra base is not better than 30% extra to crit damage, especially when Zen is up (which is often). My dots crit more of then than they don't, so I'm hardly seeing that 30% base anyway.

You're going to max out at ~60% dot crit chance if you do everything in your power to do max it. That's at least 40% of your dots that don't crit, possibly pushing it down to 30% if you use zen on availability.

However, 30% base damage >>>> 30% crit damage. If you do 100 damage per dot, with a 75% crit multiplier you do 175 on crits. Adding 30% for a 105 crit multiplier at 100 damage you do 205 on crits. If you start at 130 damage per dot, with the 75% crit multipler you do 227.5 damage per dot.

Edited by Apocalypse-

Got it, thank you both. So with plasma blades bringing the baseline up, and searing saber bringing the crit damage up, we should still see that overall increase that was mentioned?

My guess is that Plasma Blades will be put back to 30%, up from 6%. This will actually net us 6% raw damage loss from Dots (We currently get 36% from Searing/Plasma combined). However, the 30% crit multiplier should even that out, and so long as you're above a 30% base crit chance before buffs, you should actually average about 15% increase from the crit multipler being active every-other-dot, so you would logically be ~5-10% ahead in damage so long as you keep your crit chance high. However, that's ONLY increasing our Dot damage, which should make up 30-50% of our damage. Hard to say without a combat log just how much it does.

Edited by Apocalypse-

This is exactly what is going on. In an upcoming patch, this will correctly add to crit damage of bleed/burn effects instead of base damage. To compensate, Plamsa Blades / Hemorrhage will contribute more base damage to bleed/burn effects. This will result in a slight overall increase in damage output.

As always, thank you for your feedback!

-Cameron

This is probably the reason we don't have a combat log because everything in this game is broken. Amazes me how your company would put this much time/money into a game and simply not care to make sure things are right. I understand bugs here in there but this is ridiculous. Honestly could you tell us what does work in this game as intended?

Guys calm down.. there is no reason to be upset, yes it was bugged, yes it is kind of bad they didn't notice it earlier... but they are working to give us a great game to play with... let them work no need to be rude or stuff like that grow up... every single MMO has bug on release... every single one!

BTW i don't know if you realize how big their code must be... i bet it's very easy to miss a little stuff like that... It must be like 2 line over 1 billion:eek:

so, let me get this straight, right now, if I am specced in Searing Sabre and Plasma Blades, I should have 36% increase to base damage burn effects?

Or is one overwriting the other, such that we are (currently) only getting 30% or 6%?

I want to spec optimally! I already respecced it out and missed the base damage 30% increase update post, because there are like a million whine threads all saying the same thing ...

Its a posted fix in 1.1.2

Holy **** we're gonna get nerfed in 1.1.3

Inc 2k dot crits.

edit : so reading it, we're getting 9% damage on dots and 30% extra crit damage

Ohhhhhhh emmmmm geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

We're actually LOSING a raw 21% damage (36% total becomes 15% total), but gaining 30% crit multiplier. It's not really going to be much of a buff unless you've got almost <20% surge.

Edited by Apocalypse-

We are getting a decent buff.

Searing Saber: 30% base damage -> 30% crit damage

Without combat logs it's hard to tell how much this lowers our DPS. Zen is up way too often for this to have a huge affect in my opinion.

Plasma Blades: 6% base damage -> 15% base damage

We can't forget about this.

Changes to Searing Saber and Plasma Blades result in an overall increase in Damage Per Second. I was already super happy with sentinel DPS in operations. I'm shocked they actually increased our DPS. I'm pretty st0ked :]