50 pvp bracket won't solve anything, just hurt players

Ancen

People who are slow levelers and are sub-50: you aren't dying to people who are 50 because they're 50 on the enemy team, you're dying because you're being outplayed skill-wise, focus-fired, etc. and the enemies are better-organized than your team. You'll see shortly once the patch hits and you're still getting owned :(, meanwhile us 50's will be screwed out of being able to play much if any PVP content (60+ minute warzone pops if we're lucky) until more of the populace catches up. /sigh forum whiners somehow successfully misguide a company yet again!

Ok so, just to recap your arguments...

-All 50's are automatically BETTER PLAYERS than anyone below 50 (even if, say, that player below 50 is an alt of an absolute god of pvp, etc.)

-When you ding 50, you suddenly learn focus fire, how to LoS, and how to use vent or teamspeak

-Expertise is, in fact, a placebo stat, that has no real effect on durability... despite all arguments to the contrary.

-and, that there are nowhere near enough 50's to support a bracket... (which I highly doubt on any but the lowest population servers... I mean, my guild alone never has less than 10-15 on even at 2-5am pst when i play most) and even if there weren't that many just this second, everyone is heading there, give it a week.

Honestly, I hope you're just trolling, because I hate to think that society is filled with such short sighted, self-aggrandizing people.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Level brackets was never the problem. It's the expertise stat that is the issue. A new level 50 against another level 50 decked out in expertise will still roll over that 50 like he/she was a level 10.

The nerfs to the buff stacking/biochem will be the major change.

Edited by Tweekers

People who are slow levelers and are sub-50: you aren't dying to people who are 50 because they're 50 on the enemy team, you're dying because you're being outplayed skill-wise, focus-fired, etc. and the enemies are better-organized than your team. You'll see shortly once the patch hits and you're still getting owned :(, meanwhile us 50's will be screwed out of being able to play much if any PVP content (60+ minute warzone pops if we're lucky) until more of the populace catches up. /sigh forum whiners somehow successfully misguide a company yet again!

short sighted pov dont you think?

why are all non 50 slow levelers? you know for some people enjoying the 1-50 levels is fun and part of the class learning experience.

not everyone enjoys rushing it to 50 and then epeen flexing at lower levels :rolleyes:

As others have said, it's the 50 expertise gear that really unbalances 50s compared to lower levels. In full Champion gear (nevermind Battlemaster), you can run around without hardly paying attention and kill people lacking PvP gear. Skill may play a role on some level, but it's trumped by the huge difference that gear makes.

no its not, i thought the same thing, most 50s did not roll me. then the closer i got to 50 the easier level 20-30s were to kill. and the 50s i was fighting at level 20-30s must not have been geared yet. at 47 with 150 expertise, i would roll 2-3 level 20-30s with out stim staking or needing a med pack. i know that wont change with the brackets. but a skilled low level can beat an unskilled high level. but a skilled high level will **** all low levels with out question.

the level 50 bracket is needed.

You are full of **** dude - Almost every game I get unkillable 50s and they need to stop feeding them easy kills/valor - its unfortunate it took them this long because now new lvl 50s will get stomped on like, but so is life

The lvls never was what mattered, the gear was. And since you can only get expertise at lv50 dumb ppl misstook that for the reason.

Wont matter one bit since you will be hitting lv50 without any exp gear and proceed to be ***** by full champs/battlemasters just as if you were lv10.

you can get expertise at level 34. dumb people dont.

Someone needs to explain EXPERTISE to this guy, giving level 50's a stat that you can't really get till level 50... (you can get some but noting to make a difference pre 50) makes the game unbalanced for those that cant get that stat.

/facepalm

/sigh

/endthread

It turns out there are bad players who are level 50 too. They just are able to hide it better by outgearing many of their opponents. They'll be the ones hurting the most next patch.

50s bracket will make this game more playable for more people. There are many reasons that most of us already know (except the OP it seems).

This is not a game that would be best played by only having on character ever if you want to compete in PvP.

Good move Bioware, and overdue.

50lvl in full pvp gear critting me for 5-7k while i crit them for 2-3k is because they outplay me? And doesn't have anything to do with the gear rather than skill?

I don't understand why they didn't make brackets in the first place. Pvp was fun a week after release now it's so pre determined. Personally, I think commendation turn in for exp and make more brackets. "Twinking" or LLpvp is keeps me paying. P.S. scrap hutt balls

hearing the arguments. i can say this you can have expertise at lvl 24. tell you how. i done this trick all the way up until i hit 50 and i was owning geared 50's at low lvl.

in the republic fleet you have the pvp vendors for armor and weapons. you can buy a lvl 20 modded pvp set. go outside the person that sell the pvp weapons most of them have expertise stats.

just buy the weapon for you lvl range and take off the mods and put it on your armor. that way you will have expertise rating. when i was at lvl 46 i was pushing close to 200 expertise rating.

with the bolster system in warzones i was hurting geared out 50's. this is for republic side. hope this help out some people with expertise buff.

you can have it as early as lvl 24 if i remember correctly. cause the lvl 24 weapon have expertise stats on it. for the bracers and belt just look on the auction house and see if they have a omnibringer set for sale buy it. then you have all modded armor to take you to lvl 50.

since i'm lvl 50 and gearing out in champion's i pass this along to the one's who would want that little extra edge in warzones at lower levels.

enhancements from the weapons in pvp gear. 8 x 6 =48 expertise at 34 giving about 3.5% dmg cause/reduced from players.

So you're saying that 48 expertise would do well against a level 50 with 600+ expertise?

Maybe is the level 50 was played by a 9 year old and had utterly no clue how to use their abilities.

So you're saying that 48 expertise would do well against a level 50 with 600+ expertise?

Maybe is the level 50 was played by a 9 year old and had utterly no clue how to use their abilities.

Max expertise you can get atm, is 554, and that's assuming youre in full BM. After patch you'll be able to get 632.

I didn't know about the sub-50 PvP weapons. Always seemed a waste to get them when I had orange weapons I could level as I leveled. But then again, I leveled pretty quickly.

So.. my lvl 15 alt is dying to Battlemasters because they're just outplaying me? Silly me! I thought it was because they had 18K HP, 10% expertise, and all their abilities/skills. I'm so foolish!

So.. my lvl 15 alt is dying to Battlemasters because they're just outplaying me? Silly me! I thought it was because they had 18K HP, 10% expertise, and all their abilities/skills. I'm so foolish!

I think the better question is, why are you still level 15? This is the easiest game to level in.

Edited by Alwaysthirsty