Kicked over a title?

CommanderFrog

I was running The Esseles on my dark side smuggler, we got to the end, choosing if we would leave asara or not, I ended up winning the roll for leaving her behind, the leader of the group wanted the light side title for keep her with...instead of just running it again with me or something, he exited the conversation, started it up again, and kept doing that until he won the roll, unless I chose the light side options he would keep exiting conversations... He then kicked me from the group at the end of the flashpoint for refusing to completely change my character just so he could get some stupid title he will never see...

Where does the fault lie? In the title system? In the community? In the player?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

RP server? I've never seen it happen myself but i've heard about it. Not a huge surprise. It's not much difference than to boot someone before a boss because they share the same loot as you.

I'm not going to lie the first few weeks running dungeons i grouped with everyone. After a while i stopped doing that and only invited people that didn't share my loot. Yeah, i got greedy.

Edited by hulduet

The fault lies in all of you for not knowing how the conversation system works :p

All you have to do is not pick an option so you have no input on the conversation, or pick "your" choice, and then when he wins, no harm no fowl.

Couldn't you have just met him halfway so he could get his title instead of sticking to some imaginary beliefs that you could bend (either by going through the conversation when he wins) or by not picking an answer?

The mature thing to do is to take the high road and set an example for impatient selfish people like this....or at least for yourself.

RP server? I've never seen it happen myself but i've heard about it. Not a huge surprise. It's not much difference than to boot someone before a boss because they share the same loot as you.

Yes it was an RP server..but still, a 35 was running with us because he was bored, he couldnt have the 35 rerun him? As to person above you..-brofist for having same signature-

I was running The Esseles on my dark side smuggler, we got to the end, choosing if we would leave asara or not, I ended up winning the roll for leaving her behind, the leader of the group wanted the light side title for keep her with...instead of just running it again with me or something, he exited the conversation, started it up again, and kept doing that until he won the roll, unless I chose the light side options he would keep exiting conversations... He then kicked me from the group at the end of the flashpoint for refusing to completely change my character just so he could get some stupid title he will never see...

Where does the fault lie? In the title system? In the community? In the player?

The player of course, I would have left and put him on my ignore list and found a new group

The fault lies in all of you for not knowing how the conversation system works :p

All you have to do is not pick an option so you have no input on the conversation, or pick "your" choice, and then when he wins, no harm no fowl.

Couldn't you have just met him halfway so he could get his title instead of sticking to some imaginary beliefs that you could bend (either by going through the conversation when he wins) or by not picking an answer?

The mature thing to do is to take the high road and set an example for impatient selfish people like this....or at least for yourself.

We know how it works, you must just not know how that conversation works..dark side people have to win one of the rolls to get their points, they have to win the neutral one to even get the option to choose dark side.

With such a large player base you have the chance to run into weirdos. Just put them on ignore and move on. The good thing is all OPS and Flashpoints are server based so eventually this guy won't be able to find anyone to play with.

A mmo doesn't work like that mate. There are more than 4 people playing the game. You might know a bad player but everyone else thinks it's a good player and never had any problem with him/her. Just forget about it and move on. If i add someone on my ignore list, i won't remember why i did it a week after. I rarely add people to my ignore list, haven't got a single name in my list for swtor. Ran across some pretty nasty players tho, but seriously, i couldn't care less.

Couldn't he have accepted someone else won the roll and just ran the FP over again?

Calling it mature by giving into someone who is being immature is incorrect. To give into a person who is acting like a child to get what they want is not maturity.

The OP had the right to chose his conversation the way he wanted it to go. The GL had the right to chose his way. The game chose to let the OP win and therefore the GL should have accepted that. Anything else is the Group Leaders fault for acting like a spoiled child.

What this guy said.

You could have just made no selection and let the timer run out. No LS for you.

We know how it works, you must just not know how that conversation works..dark side people have to win one of the rolls to get their points, they have to win the neutral one to even get the option to choose dark side.

You missed MY point though :)

By taking your option and failing, or just not picking an option, you lose nothing. He has to rerun the whole dungeon to get his title. So just help him out and let him get his title.

I guess this is why I mostly only run PVE with people I know are decent people from doing warzones. At least I know THEY would be willing to not select dialogue or redo the dialogue for me if I had a reason to want to and it didn't hurt them any!

Edited by Vlaid

On the talon, the title is decided by if the captain dies or not. Not on the individual person's choice. I'm assuming it's the same kind of set up for the Esseles

Then the fault lies with Bioware. Also, the guy that kicked another player over a convo loss is a tool. Put him on ignore and move on. People like him eventually get what's coming to them.

This was the impression I was under.

No, you get backstabber regardless of what you choose if the DS choice wins the roll (and ditto for uncomprimising on the reverse). Of course, Esseles is a joke to run solo at 14 or so, it's not really an issue.

Edited by dcgregorya

I'm confused, aren't your titles designated on what you choose individually, regardless of what happens?

Correct.

Unless the game has glitched for me multiple times......

Choices that affect light side/dark side points in group - reward points based on the choice selected by the individual - not by the winner. The outcome of the mission, on the other hand, is decided by the winner....but will have no bearing on light side/dark side points awarded by the conversation.

I'm confused, aren't your titles designated on what you choose individually, regardless of what happens?

I ran it with a RL friend where he chose light and I chose dark. I ended up getting the dark side points BUT the light side title.

I think titles are based on which actually happens, and not based on what you personally choose (like it should be)

What this guy said.

You could have just made no selection and let the timer run out. No LS for you.

Ever stop to think that maybe he wanted his DS points? SMH, there is a reason there is a roll system.

Not to mention, I'm 75% sure that it doesn't matter which outcome occurs, what matters is what you chose. Now, if this conversation has some weird twist to it that I'm not aware of, then the OP is leaving out major details, but in most convos, you don't win the roll to get your points / title, at least to my knowledge. I have ALWAYS come out of Esseles / BT with SOME title, whether I won the roll or not, and it has always matched the choice I made -- though I'm not sure if it also matched the winning choice in those instances.

I ran it with a RL friend where he chose light and I chose dark. I ended up getting the dark side points BUT the light side title.

I think titles are based on which actually happens, and not based on what you personally choose (like it should be)

This is true, it's the same for the talon. Titles relating to your actual story are different than those in flash points.