This doesn't feel like Star Wars anymore...

Lazorous

Actually you are right, maybe King Diamond (metal band) for the 80s look if you know them. If not ,click bellow. And even those guys look way better than anything in SWTOR. :D

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s295/hrod_metal/king-diamond-04.jpg

LOL, I would probably more intimidated seeing that guy run around in Warzones, than Peacock men from Sesame Street the Musical.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it ever felt like Star Wars.

I see lightsabers... and there's a Jawa... and that walker looks like something out of Episode 2... those Repbulic troopers (at a distance) look like they may be stormtroopers...

It kinda looks like Star Wars. I suppose nothing is more immersive than those flying mounts on Alderaan... (I'm now happy the Empire blows that planet up in ANH).

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but I just felt like bringing it up again now that I've actually had the chance to see it.

That's in regards to the PVP armor. It's one thing to see it on screenshots, but then when you actually see it in person it made me want to puke (even more).

As more and more 50s are getting their high end pvp armor, and seeing the whole set in action, I really don't feel like I'm fighting Star Wars characters in warzones. Traditionally common Sith still have robes, and in some cases armor... but not to such an odd extent. Darth Krayt was an exception, but you don't see the majority of Sith in that kind of armor.

Whenever I see an Inquistor I see feathers on their heads and I feel like I'm fighting someone in a bird costume, shooting lightning. Peacock fetish? Not really taking it seriously.

Sith Warriors look more like cyborgs and Bounty Hunters than lightsaber wielding force users. The giant spikes on their shoulders make me think they're trying too hard to get noticed in 1970s punk fashion.

I'm Republic most of the time, but I do have Sith characters that I'm not in a hurry to level up if that's what I have to look forward to. I'm so much more impressed by level 20s Robes that actually make me feel like I'm part of the SW universe. I'm also sure some of the Consular 50 sets aren't exactly eye candy either.

In conclusion, I don't feel like I'm fighting Star Wars characters, but rather a display of someone's failed experiment on "Project Runway". Tim Gunn would be sad.

Carry on...

Your right. All the jedi should wear nothing but brown robes and the sith should only wear black robes. Every single piece of gear. And to change it up a little, you can throw in a white line or something on the robe. I am sure the players won't find that boring at all, but at least we can keep your own personal view of star wars intact.

Your right. All the jedi should wear nothing but brown robes and the sith should only wear black robes. Every single piece of gear. And to change it up a little, you can throw in a white line or something on the robe. I am sure the players won't find that boring at all, but at least we can keep your own personal view of star wars intact.

It's not my "Personal View" of Star Wars. It's the Star Wars universe in general. Nothing points to Peacock men and Punk Rock outfits for high level Sith. Perhaps when you've reviewed enough Star Wars material you can get a clue about Star Wars fashion. If you're playing this game for the RPG element, and not actual interest in the Star Wars universe, then you're off topic.

And boring or not, I know many people who would currently prefer "boring" robes over the current selection of 50s gear.