World of Warcraft says Raid Finder most successful feature

Gelos

Q: What do you think the most successful aspect is?

DK: Right now? So far for me it seems to be Raid Finder. I know there are a lot of players that really wanted to see that content, and they really wanted to ramp up their character and then have a real challenge of fighting a raid boss but the logistics of getting together with a guild where everyone was available at the same time to raid – not everybody can do that. So Raid Finder opens up a whole lot of content for a whole lot of people and we definitely want to do it with this patch because it's our most epic raid fight we've ever done.

It doesn't seem that thousands of people are complaining that WOW's Raid Finder is ruining the game at all.

This goes against the stated drawbacks and turnoffs of such systems made by those who oppose such a system in SWTOR.

More people are going on Raids than ever before since WOW's latest patch. That is, many more people are able to enjoy the content that the developers have put such effort into.

LOL

Are you asking what I think about Blizzard saying a feature in the their own game is awesome? What did you expect them to say. That this is awful?

But if you want the truth go to the WoW forums and see all the complaints and people who hate the raid feature.

That is, many more people are able to enjoy the content

they do it for the loot, not for the "content". ppl would jump 5000 times in orgrimmar if it would give them a purple that does not requires them to deal with other people (in an mMo..).

Q: What do you think the most successful aspect is?

DK: Right now? So far for me it seems to be Raid Finder. I know there are a lot of players that really wanted to see that content, and they really wanted to ramp up their character and then have a real challenge of fighting a raid boss but the logistics of getting together with a guild where everyone was available at the same time to raid – not everybody can do that. So Raid Finder opens up a whole lot of content for a whole lot of people and we definitely want to do it with this patch because it's our most epic raid fight we've ever done.

It doesn't seem that thousands of people are complaining that WOW's Raid Finder is ruining the game at all.

This goes against the stated drawbacks and turnoffs of such systems made by those who oppose such a system in SWTOR.

More people are going on Raids than ever before since WOW's latest patch. That is, many more people are able to enjoy the content that the developers have put such effort into.

Yes it is so succesful infact that subscriptions are going up.... No wait....

LOL

Are you asking what I think about Blizzard saying a feature in the their own game is awesome? What did you expect them to say. That this is awful?

But if you want the truth go to the WoW forums and see all the complaints and people who hate the raid feature.

I bet you the people that "Hate" the new LFR feature still use it on a weekly basis. Sure it's totally :rolleyes:, but it's fun.

Also, for super-nerds like me with 8 alts, it gives me a chance to get some decent gear for toons who would otherwise be benched whilst I raid on my main.

Even though LFR is mostly baddies and /r chat trolls, it's still cool that I can go on anytime of day and get into a group of 25 people within a few seconds (As a healer or tank).

Blizz Guy 1: "Hey guys, notice how LFD tool made everyone giant douches and loot ninjas. How it made dungeons silent treadmills where you didn't know anyone nor care to get to know anyone?"

Blizz Guy 2: "Yeah, that's weird how we didn't have to foresight to see that negative unintended consequence to internet anonymity."

Blizz Guy 1: "We should do the same thing with raids so that the very last remnant of community on our servers is crucified to the god called Convenience."

Blizz Guy 2: "Awesome idea."

Well my cousin has been really happy about it, personally im not sure why. I dont play wow anymore and to me only reason to do lfr is for gear, well everything in wow is about gear and im sick and tired of it.

Sure gear is fun to get but it really shoulndt be the only reason you are playing. Its not healthy to go shouting and raging if someone rolls over you on loot

Yea so my cousin is 1 of those types who are just after gear, its so sad to hear him talking how someone cheated him on some item. Saying someone is ninja for doing something while next sentence hes thinking of doing same thing to get gear faster.

Lets just say im not really asking my cousin to join tor, atleast not my server

I think the LFR and Dungeon Finder fail to take into account the TOR design of a centralized dungeon system. By putting all the flashpoints and operations in the hub city, they've eliminated the travel time issue while preserving the continuity and community.

I personally like the TOR design, but WoW without the dungeon finder was (relatively) awful.