Spamming Powers/Attacks

Master-Pappy

Forgive me for what may seem to be a simple question, but I could use some clarification. On the forums, I have read a number of posts where people refer to a "smammable attack" or that so and so is simply spamming that power. What is meant by spamming? I was under the impression that there are no auto-attacks and that there is no option at this time for macros. Thanks in advance for the clarification!

I believe spamable in this contect is a negative term, either

1) The player is a noob who does not understand his powers so he spams a particular power

2) The current FOTM is so simple you can face-roll your keyboard (or spam one attack) and do well.

Correct.

Also, that it's only cool down is the 1.5s global, it's instant cast, and not channeled.

Any of the classes' base attacks are spams.

Consular's Dual Strike is an example of one that consumes resource (force).

Interestingly enough, are aren't a whole lot of spams in this game since there are so many procs and longer cool downs.

Personally, I think that's a good thing as spams tend to be a bit faceroll.

Yea, spammable attack is one that has no cooldown time, meaning it can be used again immediately after being used and not dependant on other abilities.

Also to be spammable it should be relatively cheap to use so you don't get resource drained (run out of energy/force power or whatever your class uses) but can keep spamming it for a long time.