Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

The coup de grace, postponing patch 1.1

Chiricahua

I'd like someone to defend the pvp system that lumps battlemastered geared lvl 50's in with low level players. And, on top of that postponing a much sought after patch to remedy the situation. If anyone has never been a level 14 pawned by a battlemaster geared level 50, then you are missing a treat.

So far Bioware actions can be published into a manuscript on how to alienate your customer base.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The majority of the people who defend it are the ones who bring low levels into WZs and have a few good matches, including possible victories, against likely bad level 50's, and use that as anecdotal evidence that bolster works.

I'd like someone to defend the pvp system that lumps battlemastered geared lvl 50's in with low level players. And, on top of that postponing a much sought after patch to remedy the situation. If anyone has never been a level 14 pawned by a battlemaster geared level 50, then you are missing a treat.

So far Bioware actions can be published into a manuscript on how to alienate your customer base.

Leveling up to 50 instead of rolling alt after alt is a viable option. You should try it!!!

Rocket Science it is...

You know, this game built it's reputation around being a story driven MMO. Enjoy the story, get a few levels, then queue into warzones later.

Not saying you're wrong about the need for a 50s bracket - there is. Coming from a 50, I want to play other 50s. I'm just saying it's the card you're dealt, so non-50s could make better use of their time.

Edited by alement

I'll bet you anything they did this intentionally for release. There's always going to be a population of players that reaches 50 very quickly, and if they had their own bracket the first two weeks into the game, chances are they'd almost never see a PvP queue pop. Now they're fixing it because there are likely plenty of 50's to fill the warzones. Works for me.

I'd like you to defend releasing a patch with know issues which will likely cause more problems than it will fix. now THAT would be a great way to alienate customers.

The fix is coming, L2WaitForIt!

I'll bet you anything they did this intentionally for release. There's always going to be a population of players that reaches 50 very quickly, and if they had their own bracket the first two weeks into the game, chances are they'd almost never see a PvP queue pop. Now they're fixing it because there are likely plenty of 50's to fill the warzones. Works for me.

I really wanted to post "you figured this out all by yourself?" but I wont post anything like that, instead I will say "Wow that's a great observation, I never would have thought of that!!"

Yes, I understand that Bioware specifically chose not to release the patch in order to allow more low levels to be farmed just to be malicious.

Come on. GIve the company a break here. It has been a month, it was a momentus launch and there's a lot coming down the pike now. If they need another few days/week to work on a patch, then that is the truth.

Would people stop the crying already about Warzones?

Take your knocks in BGs.

Get to 50.

Get Geared up (it is extremely easy even for casual players).

Get to Valor 60.

Get Geared up.

Rinse repeat.

PvP is not easy. The toughest opponents don't follow prearranged AI with running around the screen or dps fights. Learn from the grind and compete! Coordinate with other players (just like a raid).

To the victors the spoils of war.

I'd like you to defend releasing a patch with know issues which will likely cause more problems than it will fix. now THAT would be a great way to alienate customers.

The fix is coming, L2WaitForIt!

If you believe that explanation from Bioware, then I have some swamp land in Georgia to sell you.

This. Releasing a patch that introduced yet more bugs into the game would have been far more detrimental to player retention than another few days of non-bracketed PvP.

Yeah, I totally agree with you, I'd love for them to release the patch with massive gamebreaking bugs just so we could get our seperate queues as early as possible.

:csw_jabbapet:

This ^^

I'm one of those that rolls lots of alts, and I'm playing Republic more at the moment (I like being the underdog).

I know when I go into a WZ match I may be rolled. That is alright, it is still a learning experience and I get enough matches where I'm up against a similar group that I still enjoy WZs. Plus even when overmatched it is very satisfying when a couple of us can isolate and take down a geared 50 and probably very irritating for the 50 :D

(P.S. I'd rather they take a bit longer and get the patch right than rush it. I've been in too many MMOs where patch day meant "unplayable" sometimes for days afterwards.)

Leveling up to 50 instead of rolling alt after alt is a viable option. You should try it!!!

Rocket Science it is...

so by your logic, why dont they just lock pvp till people get to level 50, people want to play different story lines not just focus on one, the current system allows level 50's in their champion gear to think their good players for beating down low levels, who in turn rage quit and leave warzones which drives down the numbers and takes longer to queue i myself was looking forward to this patch to fix this issue, but anyway yeah, all your logic is saying is hey, lets lock pvp to level 50, play my way or ****

as for all the bs about the patch breaking more things then fixing it, i dont imagine that putting in level 50 brackets would break much if anything so, why not just drop that in as scheduled call it a hotpatch or whatever and let the rest of the big patch drop next week

Edited by Svalkur

If you believe that explanation from Bioware, then I have some swamp land in Georgia to sell you.

Lol. What?

You're suggesting Bioware didn't pull the patch because it would break the game? Then why?

The patch is coming. Take some deep breaths, you'll be ok.

so by your logic, why dont they just lock pvp till people get to level 50, people want to play different story lines not just focus on one, the current system allows level 50's in their champion gear to think their good players for beating down low levels, who in turn rage quit and leave warzones which drives down the numbers and takes longer to queue i myself was looking forward to this patch to fix this issue, but anyway yeah, all your logic is saying is hey, lets lock pvp to level 50, play my way or ****

as for all the bs about the patch breaking more things then fixing it, i dont imagine that putting in level 50 brackets would break much if anything so, why not just drop that in as scheduled call it a hotpatch or whatever and let the rest of big patch drop next week

No, my logic is....instead of all the people under 50 constantly whining, ************, and crying about fighting 50s in PvP could save all that extra forum rage energy and use it to finish leveling and be 50 already and getting themselves geared up. I have been 50 for 3+ weeks and had my full Champ gear after 1 1/2 weeks of PvP Warzones. They made this game soooo simple to gear up. Same way in PvE aswell, lack of difficulty.

The patch is coming sooner then later. Big deal it was postponed a couple of days due to issues that cropped up and in the long run it is 100% better they held off to fix the issues then release the patch and have to take the game down 3 nights in a row again to fix things.

If it's that big of a deal, why don't you just finish leveling your main instead of wasting time crying on the forums.

Next thing you know, some people are figure out how to "twink" in the 10-49 bracket and then the crying starts all over again. You're not good at PvP and probably never will be, so you have to always find something to complain about.

This community is something else... Part WoWbabies, part newbs, part Star Wars fans, and part vetern mmorpg'ers. For some reason this just doesn't mix....and it starts with the WoWbabies imo.

I'll say it again, in this post, the game is A MONTH OLD! All these QQ posts about patches being delayed, fixes not coming fast enough, etc etc. are made from people who never played WoW or ANY MMO @ release.

You people have no clue how bad WoW was @ release and how painful it was during patch days and how painful it was during basic maintenance days. I was on a full server in WoW and after patch days it was unplayable for hours sometimes it would take a day before we could even raid.

Anyhow, people need to just shut up and deal with it. Stop complaining already please, just log in and keep leveling, as others have said enjoy the story. Go and run some flashpoints, enjoy the zones, work on your crafting. As time goes on, patches, fixes, & maint. will get quicker. THE GAME IS A MONTH OLD...RELAX

Take your knocks in BGs.

Get to 50.

Get to Valor 60.

Get Geared up.

Rinse repeat.

PvP is not easy. The toughest opponents don't follow prearranged AI with running around the screen or dps fights. Learn from the grind and compete! Coordinate with other players (just like a raid).

To the victors the spoils of war.

One of the best posts I've read on the PvP forums in awhile. Then again, most posts here are shi7. *Slow clap* to you, sir.

well, dont see anyone crying first of off, I came here waiting for my gf to get home so we can continue playing the game, yes i have multiple chars that we switch around and duo with, alot.

i just made a observation where you seem to be saying dont pvp till your level 50

Anyways, where do i begin..well i myself never played wow, wouldnt touch it with a 10 foot pole honestly, and i love whenever a valid issues comes up, the "community" gets blamed, yet without complaining things would never get fixed,

Also, im glad you seem to know me and how well i do in pvp, you do know what they say about assuming right

As for twinking unless bioware was dumb enough to actually add a stop gaining exp modifier in the options there's no real way this can be done as, last i checked you cant lose experience and we all know pvp levels you fairly quickly.

Really the point of the matter is you should not have to be level 50 to enjoy pvping,

all other games ive played to some extent have a bracket/tier system and this is the main reason why,

Basically all im hearing is be level 50 before pvping or don't complain about, which clearly shows how badly broken the system is, like it or not level 50 champ gear is vastly superior to any gear your wearing at the lower levels,

get off your high horse and understand what your saying before attacking me or the "community"

at this point its not about the patch really being delayed, its about people defending the whole pvp bracket thing in ways that really, do no make sense.

The majority of the people who defend it are the ones who bring low levels into WZs and have a few good matches, including possible victories, against likely bad level 50's, and use that as anecdotal evidence that bolster works.

In other words people that don't suck at pvp

Take your knocks in BGs.

Get to 50.

Get to Valor 60.

Get Geared up.

Rinse repeat.

PvP is not easy.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: dedicated PvPers will do what we've always done. Grind it out.

You can either join us or get off the train. Just don't expect the train to be easy to catch up with.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.