The question of the month: Will you keep your subscription up? and why?

Nasq

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not even close. Stop spreading a blog that has no credibility.

From the author of the review:

The problem is assuming that it’s intended to be taken seriously in the slightest.

I tried to make it as blatantly obvious that it’s not to be taken seriously as I could.

Edited by darthdoll

Not even close. Stop spreading a blog that has no credibility.

From the author of the review:

Why does it have no credibility? Is it because you dont agree with it? I mean its the view of "many" who purchased the game. He simply summed up a major portion of these posts on the forums into 1 blog, seems credible to me.

I have spent a lot of time this evening reading posts in this thread and others. Frankly I blew my whole evening on these boards. Based upon that fact alone, I can safely say my interest in playing SWTOR is obviously not there so I shouldn't pay for another sub. LOL

Why does it have no credibility? Is it because you dont agree with it? I mean its the view of "many" who purchased the game. He simply summed up a major portion of these posts on the forums into 1 blog, seems credible to me.

An unknown website?

Raging hard, using foul language to try and prove his point?

He even said it was not be to taken seriously?

All above and even more.

Edit:

And dont forget the 300 million dollars that TOR obviously didnt use but he used that in his statements.

Edited by darthdoll

Nope, just had the moderators close two of my threads which purely discussed the pricing models of SWTOR.

I am not paying $14.99 to keep the lights on at their moderator office.

I read those threads. I can't believe you can say they "purely discussed the pricing models of SWTOR" with a straight face.

You're lying. Even to yourself, apparently.

Edited by imtrick

Everyone who is complaining about this game being boring at max level.. Do you not do anything other than game?

Get a job or something seriously. 3 weeks into a new game and you have already got max level and maxed out the pvp gear.

No wonder it's boring for you.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Because its an affliction to the community and the game.

No one wants to spend their time reading negativity when they don't respond to it or feel differently. Posting it here is just causing more hate and is infectious to the community.

The bugs and problems won't ruin this game, people who promote contagious hate will.

And while "many" may have the same view, it is the minority, so if you intend to at all help this game, don't post that here.

No one wants to read it.

I'm re-subbing, I still have a lot I want to do in this game, it's been fun so far.

No one wants to spend their time reading negativity when they don't respond to it or feel differently. Posting it here is just causing more hate and is infectious to the community.

The bugs and problems won't ruin this game, people who promote contagious hate will.

And while "many" may have the same view, it is the minority, so if you intend to at all help this game, don't post that here.

No one wants to read it.

I'm re-subbing, I still have a lot I want to do in this game, it's been fun so far.

Yes, ignoring the issues and not keeping them at the forefront of the line will get those issues fixed. Sorry, just because you do NOT agree with someones point of view does not make it unworthy. While his language in the blog may have been extreme, it does not take away his credibility. Credibility is simply someone having 1st hand knowledge of how the game played. If he bought the game and played it, than his review has credibility. Regardless of agreeing or not his credibility is still there. I agree on almost ALL of his reviews. Ill be as vocal as needed because i spent my $$ to buy a game that was not ready for release. As a paying customer i have the right to voice my opinion on the game, just as you have the right to voice yours.

No one wants to read it.

It was the "minority" that was posting on AOC adn Warhammer forums also.

Best thing I have read in someones review comments ever..........

I have to say, as someone who steered clear of this game, everytime I read the ‘haters’ comments I am usually provided with objective reasons why the game is bad. The response from the people defending the game never seems to have any tangible merit – usually attacking the person rather then the arguments (see above comments for prime examples). A sure indication that you have lost the argument.

So as someone on the outside, im convinced by the comments from both sides that this is a game I did well to avoid.[/Quote]

LMAO it's the defenders pushing this person away, I love it lol.

Most of you know this game is a hot mess.

I'm telling you that the only way BioWare is going to create positive change in a reasonable amount of time is by you, the consumer, lighting an enormous fire under their asses by voting with your wallet in 3 days. I implore you to stay away from this game for at least a month to let them simmer, suffer, and realize just how messed up and incomplete this game is. Do not pay a premium for someone's failure to deliver. Doing so just gives them the impression that they did a wonderful job. They didn't.

Take away the Star Wars IP and voice acting, step back, and take a look at the game for what it is. I guarantee you will think twice. Nothing will get done through posts here. They simply get ignored or locked within minutes just like this one will be.

The only way to facilitate change is hit them where it hurts. I like the core of this game enough to not subscribe to it until it is fixed proper.

Even though a lot about this game has rustled my jimmies, I will still resub for 6 months. Anyone with a brain knows it takes time to take player feedback, balance it, and implement it. As such, I will spend the low price required to stick around and see a great game develop.

I'm telling you that the only way BioWare is going to create positive change in a reasonable amount of time is by you, the consumer, lighting an enormous fire under their asses by voting with your wallet in 3 days. I implore you to stay away from this game for at least a month to let them simmer, suffer, and realize just how messed up and incomplete this game is. Do not pay a premium for someone's failure to deliver. Doing so just gives them the impression that they did a wonderful job. They didn't.

Take away the Star Wars IP and voice acting, step back, and take a look at the game for what it is. I guarantee you will think twice. Nothing will get done through posts here. They simply get ignored or locked within minutes just like this one will be.

The only way to facilitate change is hit them where it hurts. I like the core of this game enough to not subscribe to it until it is fixed proper.

Locked in minutes? Its 50 pages...

Yes, ignoring the issues and not keeping them at the forefront of the line will get those issues fixed. Sorry, just because you do NOT agree with someones point of view does not make it unworthy. While his language in the blog may have been extreme, it does not take away his credibility. Credibility is simply someone having 1st hand knowledge of how the game played. If he bought the game and played it, than his review has credibility. Regardless of agreeing or not his credibility is still there. I agree on almost ALL of his reviews. Ill be as vocal as needed because i spent my $$ to buy a game that was not ready for release. As a paying customer i have the right to voice my opinion on the game, just as you have the right to voice yours.

I never said you couldnt voice your opinion.

I'm saying the way he does it is infectious, and it will ruin the community, I am ALL FOR putting the problems in the fore front, but the constant, whining and harsh response will kill the game.

If people would voice their opinions in a more mannerly way, I bet this game would find much greater success.

But alas, we have people who MUST be as extreme as possible about things.

This is what will hurt the game most.

It was the "minority" that was posting on AOC adn Warhammer forums also.

Those games didnt have the support this one has, the minority of those games were also closer to the majority then this game. Also, by the time the minority (whiners, complainers, etc...) have moved on, this game will still have more subs then both of those games ever had.

I never said you couldnt voice your opinion.

I'm saying the way he does it is infectious, and it will ruin the community, I am ALL FOR putting the problems in the fore front, but the constant, whining and harsh response will kill the game.

If people would voice their opinions in a more mannerly way, I bet this game would find much greater success.

But alas, we have people who MUST be as extreme as possible about things.

This is what will hurt the game most.

Sorry but I have seen the most constructive and polite criticism of this game be flamed by the white knights defending this game.

Those games didnt have the support this one has, the minority of those games were also closer to the majority then this game. Also, by the time the minority (whiners, complainers, etc...) have moved on, this game will still have more subs then both of those games ever had.

You do know Origin is owned by EA right? And they put out Warhammer Online right?

They already made their money, its just milking season now.

Your logic makes no sense... we pay for more content, as long as we pay, things will get fixed, more will be released, etc...

If a bunch of people quit, that just means Bioware has less work to do, and things WONT get fixed.

They made their money, from now on, we pay them, they pay us back with content.

We dont pay them, we get less back.