RESPEC costs why?

savantus

***. Why is everyone against respeccing? It is especially important when you take into account your toon needs two different specs at the very least in order to do pvp and pve. I guess I should just play through the same quest lines 3 times and level up 3 toons so I can have 3 different builds of the same *********** class.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, and don’t forget.

Xxxxxx whispers you: Hey, are you a healer.

You: Sorry no. Im dps.

Xxx whispers you: Are you a healer?

You: sorry, no. cant afford to respec any more.

Xxxxxx whispers you: Are you a healer?

You. God damit, no, I cant afford to respec any more this week. Im dps.

Xxxxxx whispers you: Don’t need you if you cant respec healer.

And over and over and over again.

Personally i switch specc quite often on my juggernaut

PvE tanking

PvE DPSing

PvP

Sometimes it gets quite expensive but then I just tell my friends that this week I will be xxx (tank for the most time because u can both PvE and pvP with tank specc).

Personally i switch specc quite often on my juggernaut

PvE tanking

PvE DPSing

PvP

Sometimes it gets quite expensive but then I just tell my friends that this week I will be xxx (tank for the most time because u can both PvE and pvP with tank specc).

My be working as a tank, but as a Bounty Hunter healer you will not get one good dps ability if you go pure healer.

You will use dps companion, that does not do that good dps and will take a ton of damage, and then you start to take agro from the healing you do from adds because the companion cant hold the agro on multiple adds as good as you wish, and then you start to heal yourself and the companion, and then you start to overheat because you can’t kill the mobs fast enough because you yourself does not have any dps ability to speak of and healing are casing a ton of heat so you won’t be able to dps anyway.

It is then you wish that you had a dps spec instead of a pure healing spec.

Its a credit sink, and also a system to keep people to set rolls. If respecing cost nothing, everybody would be everything. Its a trinity based MMO. Fill a role, play a roll. But no MMO should be based on allowing everyone to be everything at anytime in the game, as whats the point of classes.

Dual spec, not needed, again its a trinity based MMO, like BW have stated, all builds a viable in PVP and PVE. so there is no need for dual spec.

Its a credit sink, and also a system to keep people to set rolls. If respecing cost nothing, everybody would be everything. Its a trinity based MMO. Fill a role, play a roll. But no MMO should be based on allowing everyone to be everything at anytime in the game, as whats the point of classes.

Dual spec, not needed, again its a trinity based MMO, like BW have stated, all builds a viable in PVP and PVE. so there is no need for dual spec.

Everyone can be everything. Another one just blabbering word.

If we was to follow your logic there would not be any respec in this game at all.

You can not be everything at anytime, you fanboys are going to the extreme and lying and spewing wrong things all over the board just to make your case valid. No, with dual-spec you can NOT be everything at ones. For one, you cant respec advanced class. That alone brakes your so called “proof” why people should not be able to repsec.

That is bad. I for one LOVE to tank and heal, but don’t want to LvL up 2 Bounty Hunter just to be able to tank also.

And no, all builds are NOT valid in PvP. Saying anything ells is being ignorant. Try play every class in the game with every spec in the game before you stat other vice.

BW can say something but it does not prove that is working. Just a fanboy will take everything BW says blindly as facts.

Again, no one in a proper state of mind will ever take a Bounty Hunter PvP healer into a raid as main healer. No one. You either are pure stupid to do so, or want a really, really had challenge.

Everyone can be everything. Another one just blabbering word.

If we was to follow your logic there would not be any respec in this game at all.

You can not be everything at anytime, you fanboys are going to the extreme and lying and spewing wrong things all over the board just to make your case valid. No, with dual-spec you can NOT be everything at ones. For one, you cant respec advanced class. That alone brakes your so called “proof” why people should not be able to repsec.

That is bad. I for one LOVE to tank and heal, but don’t want to LvL up 2 Bounty Hunter just to be able to tank also.

And no, all builds are NOT valid in PvP. Saying anything ells is being ignorant. Try play every class in the game with every spec in the game before you stat other vice.

BW can say something but it does not prove that is working. Just a fanboy will take everything BW says blindly as facts.

Again, no one in a proper state of mind will ever take a Bounty Hunter PvP healer into a raid as main healer. No one. You either are pure stupid to do so, or want a really, really had challenge.

So your saying that you know more than the guy that has spent the better part of 5years designing this game. If bioware not some random troll says its fine I'll believe bioware... And btw do your parents know your up past your bed time?

So your saying that you know more than the guy that has spent the better part of 5years designing this game. If bioware not some random troll says its fine I'll believe bioware... And btw do your parents know your up past your bed time?

Ah, your from US, guess you learn on the school that the earth if flat.

It always baffles me when people from US believe that everyone is from US and that everyone have the same time zone everywhere. Even better when people from US thinking Europe is a country, LoL. That cracs me up every time.

And for you believing that BW is always right, be my guest but there is a reason why you have patches and "nerfes" and "buffs" right?

If the game was as perfect as you think it is, why do they patch and tune the game? You think they are only bug-fixing things? No balance fixes?

If you honestly believe that they will not tune the classes around because of PvP, you are in the wrong.

BW my INTEND that every spec to be viable for PvP, but they are not as it is. That is the difference.

Edited by Mamono

Obviously you have not spent any time in PvP.

My question is why do we have a cost at all to respec?

It seems to double every time you respec within a period of time ( zero , 1300 , 2600, 5200 , 11400, 22800 , 46800 , 93000 ) where does it stop? )

Why is there a penalty to the player for wanting to be the right spec for an activity they want to do.

Whether that means one spec for PVP or another for a raid / flashpoint or even to level up.

Having Dual-spec should be a no-brainer , if not at least cap the cost at a lower amount.

Consequence

It is one of Biowares selling points, consequence in dialog and other choices like class builds it seems.

Your build choices are more permanent like this, 'forcing' people to take a more hybrid approach if they want to do multiple things, and making it hard to min-max. Which provides the real min-maxers a greater advantage if they do while giving casual and roleplayers an incentive to hybrid build their character, reducing the amount of cookie cutter builds out there.

Well, in theory anyway.

Cant say I mourn the price of respeccing. would be higher if I had a say in it.

Consequence

It is one of Biowares selling points, consequence in dialog and other choices like class builds it seems.

Your build choices are more permanent like this, 'forcing' people to take a more hybrid approach if they want to do multiple things, and making it hard to min-max. Which provides the real min-maxers a greater advantage if they do while giving casual and roleplayers an incentive to hybrid build their character, reducing the amount of cookie cutter builds out there.Well, in theory anyway.

Cant say I mourn the price of respeccing. would be higher if I had a say in it.

If you think that as a healer or tank its viable to hybrid your build , you need to sit back down and stop posting. You either spec fully for the role or waste other peoples time when you can not handle doing your role. This is a social game, being able to work together as a team requires people to be able to do their role to its fullest extent or risk failing when things get tight.

I thought the point of classes was to pick your role at level 10.

If you want to tank make a tank ...

I think the respec costs should be even higher actually and if you want another role then create an alt. It isn't hard to level anyway.

That may be for hardcore RPG fans, but this game is not made for hardcore RPG fans. The game is made to compete about the casuals with mid/low end machines.

There are no reason for not having it except for hardcore RPG fans that just want it to be “hard-core rpg game” and that nostalgia is keeping the hard-core rpg fans on the “nei” side.

I see some people believe that it will ruin the game, but there are no facts that say that it will ruin the game. Just look at WoW, it got dual-spec back in vanilla, but did it brake the game? No. (sorry to bring in WoW on this, it was just an example to prove that dual-spec alone will not ruin the game). WoW actually increased its number of players.

Dual-spec will have more positive effects then negative effects. More casual gamers will be able to fill more roles and there will be more easy to get a hold of tanks or healers for flashpoints and raids.

People will be able to access an other spec that will give that player deeper insight of how his class is working and how other roles is filled.

I for one love to tank and heal, but I can’t. Because there is no dual-spec in the game. I don’t have the time, and I would not want to, I would actually hate it if I would have to LvL up an other bounty hunter just to be able to tank.

A normal gamer this day will have maximum 3-4 toons played up. NORMAL. I Would rather LvL up a new class to experience the game from a new angle and new playtype then playing up the same class as I do now, and play the same class quest and the same side quests as I did before.

There is so much more reasons to have dual-spec then not having it.

I thought the point of classes was to pick your role at level 10.

If you want to tank make a tank ...

I think the respec costs should be even higher actually and if you want another role then create an alt. It isn't hard to level anyway.

That would be fine IF I was playing this alone, then my choice of role wouldnt affect anything but my own enjoyment. When you do an Operation flashpoint, you need to have enough people to fill each role in the raid. IF the Raid group can not fill up with enough for each role, then you have a problem.

Having to pay to Respec is fine, having to pay such an excessive amount if you have respecced too many times , seems bit too extreme. All just so things can move forward for your Raid group.

If you think its FINE to level a 2nd toon to 50 and gear it up , you clearly are out of it.

All the people sticking up for high respec cost and single specs probably stick with one spec the entire game. I like to heal flashpoints, but id rather DD quests because healing solo is frustrating. Having a DD companion is not even close to going DD yourself. Lots of folks spam LF tank/heals for quite a while and it is not fun. If you don't want to see a dungeon finder you better support dual spec. My respec went from 8k to 21k, thats just wrong. It would be best to have dual spec plus a dedicated pvp spec. I believe every class can tank heal and DD depending on AC. Dual spec should be the norm in any mmo

If you think its FINE to level a 2nd toon to 50 and gear it up , you clearly are out of it.

Yet that is exactly what Bioware is aiming at, seeing the legacy system and the relative ease of leveling/gearing

If you think that as a healer or tank its viable to hybrid your build , you need to sit back down and stop posting. You either spec fully for the role or waste other peoples time when you can not handle doing your role. This is a social game, being able to work together as a team requires people to be able to do their role to its fullest extent or risk failing when things get tight.

I used to a Paladin in WoW before the burning crusade. Unless you'd like to state that we where either the best healers, best DPS'ers or best Tanks, I have to ask you if you REALLY want to go there?

That would be fine IF I was playing this alone, then my choice of role wouldnt affect anything but my own enjoyment. When you do an Operation flashpoint, you need to have enough people to fill each role in the raid. IF the Raid group can not fill up with enough for each role, then you have a problem.

Having to pay to Respec is fine, having to pay such an excessive amount if you have respecced too many times , seems bit too extreme. All just so things can move forward for your Raid group.

Well said. This is not a single player game. Make another toon just to fill a different role? Darkstar must be on crack.

Is this honestly so hard to understand? Obviously they respecc to fill different roles.

Example:

"Hey, we're gonna do an operation now Bob, could you go healer?"

"Yeah sure, always happy to help out" *respecc*

"Tom showed up Bob, his healing gear is a bit better than yours, would you mind going dps for the rest of the operation?"

"Yeah sure!"*respecc*

2 hours laters

"Bob, come heal us in pvp dude!"

"On my way guys!"*respecc*

1 hours later: Bob wants to do his daily quests, but sadly they take a long time for him in healing specc, so he switches to dps again *respecc*

After finishing his daily quests, Bob tries to find a group for flashpoints, but everyone is looking for healers, noone wants a dps! *respecc*

(This happens 3-4 nights a week when Bob plays with his friends)

So judging by the comments in this thread, it is wrong to want to enjoy all the roles your class can fill without going broke. It is wrong to be able to step up and help your friends in different roles on a daily basis.

bob should learn to think ahead and find another guild:

1: tom shoved up late yet he still gets to force peeps thats on time to repecc.

2: all dailys can be done in healing specc, they got notting to do with killing reds or farming but only to do mission obejcts(ilum is just right click, WZs allways needs a healer, FB allso needs a healer)

3: bob failed bigtime in not thinking ahead, planning what should be done when and just be everybodys standin.

Yet that is exactly what Bioware is aiming at, seeing the legacy system and the relative ease of leveling/gearing

I used to a Paladin in WoW before the burning crusade. Unless you'd like to state that we where either the best healers, best DPS'ers or best Tanks, I have to ask you if you REALLY want to go there?

What does his post have anything to do with Paladins and specs being viable. Just because leveling is easy it doesn't mean I want to level a second bounty hunter and see the same story just because I want to heal only flashpoints and operatives.

I can't understand why people can't just dedicate to certain role, when thanks to companions you can easily quest as healer/tank too, and tanks are viable in PvP.

*shrug*

I am a tank, and I am viable in pvp. Often, I get a lot of protection points, and top 3 in objectives. 6 or 7 medals.

I will let you guess how many mvp votes I get. Way less than the idiot that spent the huttball game ignoring the ball but racking up his kill counts.

At the end, he gets twice the valor I get ( I think mvp gives commendations too).

That is why you want to be dps in pvp

How many times does this need to be said:

Respec is for fixing mild changes in how you have allocated points (mistakes, changes due to updates/patches) and not daily changes in how you plan to play for specific situations.

Examples:

Welders do not run to the local university at 5pm to retrain themselves to be a chef before making dinner.

For once in your life, make some decisions and stick with them. If your guild can't handle that, then they aren't a very good guild, as they don't understand the game rules any better than you do.

What does his post have anything to do with Paladins and specs being viable. Just because leveling is easy it doesn't mean I want to level a second bounty hunter and see the same story just because I want to heal only flashpoints and operatives.

He stated that you either spec fully for a role, or you are wasting other peoples time.

Since Paladins where hybrid in nature, they could never tank as good as a warrior, heal as well as a priest, or DPS as well as a mage. Yet, despite the hybrid nature of the class, I found a place in a raiding guild, and downed everything there was to down with them.

I was merely pointing out there is a valid place for hybrids in, as he calls it, 'social gaming'.

That being said, why don't you roll a Sorcerer or Operative to heal?

It is because they, the fanboys, dont have any propper reason what so ever for why there should not be a dual-spec.

All they are saying:

LvLing is easy, start an other of the same class as you play now.

I dont need it, so you dont need it.

It will ruin the game.

I will quit if dual-spec is coming.

Dual-spec is for the lazy.

You cant respec in real life (doh, like star wars is real life)......

There are no facts or reasons why dual-spec should not come. No matter what we say, all they say is "you are just lazy, just start LvLing a new character".

But anyway. The "nei" sayers can whine and QQ as much as they want. dual-spec is coming. IMO it should have been in the game since release but for some reason BW has not made it to that. But it is on its way. To late though.

Edited by Mamono

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.