The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

No patch on 1/17/2011

Kryptale

That was also way easier to fix, and the sole fact that it happened (and it' a way more serious issue) is a quite large stain on the launch of rift.

Easier to fix than the ability lag? Hang on. A few posts back you said 99% of the people don;t have ability lag. Which is it?

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Um..........yeah I do know how the press works, obviously in your little diluted world there is no such things as payoffs, hell look at Fox News as a big one for that! Not to mention Gamespot fired a reviewer for posting a negative review of Kane and Lynch 2 because Square threatened to pull advertising, you are seriously delusional.

Oh and just an FYI word of mouth if more powerful than the press when it comes to entertainment.

so fox news takes payoffs because you don't agree with there ideology , do you notice a pattern there buddy , who ever dose not agree with you is ether stupid or gets paid off , you must be an important person in your own mind .

So aggressive. I'm almost intimidated.Almost.

And you say you're not mad. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry to burst a bubble, but you saying "this is fact!" doesn't make it fact. The so dreaded "ability delay" is unnoticeable for the 99% of the playerbase. Go ahead and quit over it. You and the other 100 will hardly make a dent.

Yep, http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=159300&highlight=ability+lag

6 threads of the SAME thread, cause the other 5 hit max post count.

100 people 6000 posts? dont think so. This issue is huge, and gamebreaking for those it's effecting. Yes, people are mad. Yes, people deserve to be mad.

First of all, there's no shred of evidence about that. Is it the fist worker you hear whining because "they fired me because of this unfair cause!"

if you check his reviews, they were simply poor in general. How do you know he was fired because of that? maybe he didn't respect deadlines? maybe he wasn't productive?

The funny part is that Square Enix is a VERY minor player advertisement-wise on the western media, and Gamespot has the traffic to get advertisement from the major players easily as snapping their fingers.

The press is the one holding the dagger by the handle in the press-publishers relationship. Do you seriously think that any publisher with a brain would really risk angering a major media outlet? Be real.

First of all no. Simply because of the fact that most word of mouth still stems from reviewsand from opinion leaders.

Secondly, where do you think most "word of mouth" happens on an online game?

On twitter, on Facebook. And those independent environments are full to the brim with positive comments about this game.

You are so blind it amazes me holy crap lol, sorry but if friends share a common interest and one friend tells another that something sucks, generally as a rule they won't watch or buy it, if you think differently I want to know what world you live in.

oh and to back that up as well http://blog.nielsen.com/nielsenwire/consumer/global-advertising-consumers-trust-real-friends-and-virtual-strangers-the-most/

Edited by Gunryu

Yep, http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=159300&highlight=ability+lag

6 threads of the SAME thread, cause the other 5 hit max post count.

100 people 6000 posts? dont think so. This issue is huge, and gamebreaking for those it's effecting. Yes, people are mad. Yes, people deserve to be mad.

Do try counting those people. Compare them to the total of the people playing this game, and you'll realize how few those are. Even if they were all to quit instantly, they wouldn't make the smallest dent in the playerbase.

I'm sure you're aware of the fact that a fired worker saying "they fired me unfairly!" doesn't make it true, and doesn't constitute any kind of "evidence".

omg please remove your head from wherever it may be! Paying off the media has been around FOREVER! If people wanted bands they signed to have radio time they paid people off for christs sake! You don't think a game company would threaten to remove advertising if the reviewing company gave them a poor review?????

Do try counting those people. Compare them to the total of the people playing this game, and you'll realize how few those are. Even if they were all to quit instantly, they wouldn't make the smallest dent in the playerbase.

So yeah the patch was not today.... they say we will have it tomorrow.... ummm /postpone thread until tomorrow

Do learn to read?

Not noticing ability lag is purely being blind. You don't want to see anything wrong with your argument, when in fact, you are so blind it's sick.

Talk about reading? Seriously?

Since you are real good at avoiding posts that contradict you, I'll post this again that was posted on the last page. This talks about your "horribly implemented, bug filled, bland world called Rift at launch...

It's a finished product. How many times have you said that about a just-released massively multiplayer online game? In a genre dominated by disastrous bugs and missing features at launch, Rift stands out for the amazing feat of being complete right out of the box. As you play Rift, rarely do you say "If it only let me do this," or "It really needs that." Sure, there is room to grow; there always is in an online role-playing game. But even now, there is little to stand between you and your questing, save those pesky rifts that open up within the colorful fantasy world of Telara and pour invading forces onto the ground. Rift sets a new standard for MMOG launch quality
Edited by Qilz

Vocal Minority.

Is it everybody? No.

Is it a huge issue, just because you don't have it? Yes

Edited by Yewdee

LOL, oh someone argueing a known fact that just digs themselves in deeper and makes themselves look oh so moronic.

Only on the internet do you find thses fine folks!!

You don't have low resolution textures either I bet. LMAO.

Edited by United_Strafes

You are so blind it amazes me holy crap lol, sorry but if friends share a common interest and one friend tells another that something sucks, generally as a rule they won't watch or buy it, if you think differently I want to know what world you live in.

You're continuing to ignore most of the issue. First of all we're talking about an online product, so the "virtual strangers" in the article you linked (a part that you blatantly ignored) counts a lot more.

Not only the "real friends" will still get their opinion influenced by the press and the virtual strangers before giving their opinion, but there's not a single reason to believe that the real friends will give an opinion completely different than that of the virtual strangers, that is in front of everyone.

That opinion is that this game is fantastic. Might want to get used to the idea.

Vocal Minority.

Is it everybody? No.

Is it a huge issue, just because you don't have it? Yes

I have it, like everyone. You don't even know about how it works yet you complain. Everyone has it.

Just a small minority notices it. No matter how vocal, it won't change the fact that most won't care, because even if you tell them, it still won't impact their gameplay majorly, because they don't stand there with a stopwatch in their hand and the other hand in their pants.

Edited by Abriael

You're continuing to ignore most of the issue. First of all we're talking about an online product, so the "virtual strangers" in the article you linked (a part that you blatantly ignored) counts a lot more.

Not only the "real friends" will still get their opinion influenced by the press and the virtual strangers before giving their opinion, but there's not a single reason to believe that the real friends will give an opinion completely different than that of the virtual strangers, that is in front of everyone.

That opinion is that this game is fantastic. Might want to get used to the idea.

Actually most people see trailers etc before they go by reviews from people because most SANE people know that reviews can be skewed by the media or they just don't care what someone they don't know thinks of something.

Edited by Gunryu

I have it, like everyone. You don't even know about how it works yet you complain. Everyone has it.

Just a small minority notices it. No matter how vocal, it won't change the fact that most won't care, because even if you tell them, it still won't impact their gameplay majorly, because they don't stand there with a stopwatch in their hand and the other hand in their pants.

Ya, really? i dont have a laptop here that doesnt have it? I havnt gone to 3 other's house to test it, and they don't?

2 second lag on every ability you use is normal? this is ok?

People dont notice 2 second lag on their abilities? WRONG sir, just WRONG.

I can push my stealth button, and my character will not stealth until AFTER the global is done.

A quick glimpse at your post history shows nothing but you baiting others into a debate, that you do nothing but do what you are doing here, you get off on it, it's beyond obvious, everybody should just ignore your *******

Edited by Yewdee

Oh I forgot to mention Gamestop is forbidden from saying a game is bad, and yes I know this for a fact because I know 2 people who quit (1 a manager the other a CSR) for that very reason, they are told to say it is a great game to try and sell it.

Oh I forgot to mention Gamestop is forbidden from saying a game is bad, and yes I know this for a fact because I know 2 people who quit (1 a manager the other a CSR) for that very reason, they are told to say it is a great game to try and sell it.

Well they do make money from selling games.... its like farming and saying your crops taste like poop.

I am pretty disappoint that BioWare have decided last minute not to release patch 1.1 tomorrow as scheduled. I realize that issues arise within development that can delay this sort of thing, but I was looking forward to not having to deal with the stupid green glow from companion healing. Not to mention that it would be really nice if we Jedi Knights who have been with you since launch could progress our storylines with Kira Carsen. She's been bugged from the beginning for me.

patch is tonight..deal with it