The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

No patch on 1/17/2011

Kryptale

Sorry but Rift had less bugs at launch and fixed the ones it did have when they were found or pointed out, not to mention they actually TALKED to the customers about what was going on!

I am curious due to the fact RIFT held no interest to me. You speak of RIFT as if it is dead in the past tense.

Where is it now?

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rift had significantly less bugs than any MMO. SWTOR is no where even close.

LOL. RIFT had way more bugs, the servers were way less stable, this despite the fact that the game was way smaller in comparison (and it had the most bland, artless and soulless world in the history of the genre, but that's a different story).

I expect bugs on release, but this game had more than any other in a new MMO.

Are you serious? You must not have tried out a lot of MMO's at release. I am no expert but the ones I have tried at release have had just as many bugs and usually a lot more than SWTOR did at release.

Are you serious? You must not have tried out a lot of MMO's at release. I am no expert but the ones I have tried at release have had just as many bugs and usually a lot more than SWTOR did at release.

Of course he's not serious. He's trying to persuade himself that this game is soooo bad, ad Bioware is evil. Lol.

Seriously people just because you are a paying customer it doesn't give you the right to act like moronic jerks.

i'm sad that whatever Bioware do they will always get bad rep for it. They fix a bug people clamor that they didn't fix the right one. They give you free stuff? sure lets complain that we don't want that stuff but the other stuff. They postpone a game patch, let pull out our foil hat and cry conspiracy.

People are way to hung up on the fact that Bioware is owned by EA and that EA is always portrayed like the big bad wolf. If Bioware have been bought up by Activision-Blizzard, then people would literally worship the ground they walk on.

Edited by BlackLotus

I am curious due to the fact RIFT held no interest to me. You speak of RIFT as if it is dead in the past tense.

Where is it now?

It still has quite a few subs, btw look at the poster below you, THAT is the type of person we call a fanboy, obviously he never even played Rift at launch or during the beta because as has been pointed out by many on here and other websites Rift had a heck of a smoother launch and quite honestly wasn't smaller than this game (planets are zones fella) and also had one heck of a smaller budget.

Seriously people just because you are a paying customer it doesn't give you the right to act like moronic jerks.

i'm sad that whatever Bioware do they will always get bad rep for it. They fix a but people clamor that they didn't fix the right one. They give you free stuff? sure lets complain that we don't want that stuff but the other stuff. They postpone a game patch, let pull out our foil hat and cry conspiracy.

People are way to hung up on the fact that Bioware is owned by EA and that EA is always portrayed like the big bad wolf. If Bioware have been bought up by Activision-Blizzard, then people would literally worship the ground they walk on.

Luckily it's not "people" it's a small vocal minority of forum cryer. If you go look at much bigger, more neutral environments like twitter (or even just in game) you'll see that the trolls are few, far between and completely overwhelmed.

And that's pretty much the reason why they cry so much. They know they have lost and they're desperate.

Luckily it's not "people" it's a small vocal minority of forum cryer. If you go look at much bigger, more neutral environments like twitter (or even just in game) you'll see that the trolls are few, far between and completely overwhelmed.

And that's pretty much the reason why they cry so much. They know they have lost and they're desperate.

Again you forget people that quit quietly and say nothing at all.

I said my peace in many other threads as far as listing all my griefs. I was subbed for 3 months but switched to 1 month after 2 weeks of trial due to the issues with the game and the way BW is addressing these issues. So i'm just going observe the direction this game is going to take in the next 30 days of my sub. Bottom line if it takes a positive direction i'll stay if not i'm gone.

It still has quite a few subs, btw look at the poster below you, THAT is the type of person we call a fanboy, obviously he never even played Rift at launch or during the beta because as has been pointed out by many on here and other websites Rift had a heck of a smoother launch and quite honestly wasn't smaller than this game (planets are zones fella) and also had one heck of a smaller budget.

LOL. Sorry, but exposing incorrect statements doesn't mean not having played the game.

1: The game had plenty bugs, actually more than this one

2: the servers at launch were a travesty

3: The game was way smaller than this one, let's not even talk about overall quality, because rift comes out of that comparison with broken bones

Right now i'm the one being overwhelmed by the trolls and cry wolf posts.

hey look, someone's throwing excuses.

Your conspiracy theories have been debunked. Do yourself a favor and give it up. This game had the most polished launch in the history of the genre.

Hey look! A brain dead consumer that accepts anything sold to him.

Nothing has been debunked. I played beta when this game was but a shell of what it is now. I saw and contributed feed back to the devs posts. I saw their responses, saw what they said they will fix and ultimately what they never did.

This is by far not the most polished anything. Yes stable servers at launch for sure, but the game itself? Get real.

Again you forget people that quit quietly and say nothing at all.

And you forget the people that stay and enjoy quietly. Sorry, but yours is a pretty ridiculous excuse. Give it up, you've already lost.

This game is thriving and will continue to thrive, no matter how much you and your few mates make up excuses to try and give it a bad rep that it'll never have. The opinion leaders are elsewhere, and they have already spoken, expressing facts and opinions opposite to yours.

Edited by Abriael

Hey look! A brain dead consumer that accepts anything sold to him.

Nothing has been debunked. I played beta when this game was but a shell of what it is now. I saw and contributed feed back to the devs posts. I saw their responses, saw what they said they will fix and ultimately what they never did.

This is by far not the most polished anything. Yes stable servers at launch for sure, but the game itself? Get real.

All the conspiracy theories that stemmed this thread have been debunked, painfully, and obviously this makes you mad. Must be why you're resorting to bash the game completely off topic.

They fixed this game more than any other MMO at launch. It's that simple.

Edited by Abriael

And you forget the people that stay and enjoy quietly. Sorry, but yours is a pretty ridiculous excuse. Give it up, you've already lost.

This game is thriving and will continue to thrive, no matter how much you and your few mates make up excuses to try and give it a bad rep that it'll never have. The opinion leaders are elsewhere, and they have already spoken, expressing facts and opinions opposite to yours.

Where are said leaders? I know from experience several people who quit quietly, you don't know the subscriber count, heck even Bioware right now doesn't know the subscriber amount until after the free month, AoC, Aion, and STO had people just like you saying people on the forums were a small minority and their opinions didn't mean squat.

Oh and for such a dead game, I saw more people running around in Rift than I do in SWTOR.

Edited by Gunryu

Where are said leaders? I know from experience several people who quit quietly, you don't know the subscriber count, heck even Bioware right now doesn't know the subscriber amount until after the free month, AoC, Aion, and STO had people just like you saying people on the forums were a small minority and their opinions didn't mean squat.

On the press, my friend. That press that's churning out positive review after positive review. Like it or not, but as long as the press says that this game is good, the vast majority of the people will lean towards the same opinion.

Social environments are another big factor.

AoC Aion and STO didn't have the same situation in game and in neutral environments like twitter, facebook or similar. Those environments require very little effort for one to express one's opinion, so the "quiet majority" uses them much more than the forum. And guess what? Those are filled of enthusiastic comments, with negative comments so obewrhelmingly outnumbered that it isn't even funny.

If you looked the same environments for AiC, Aion and STO even near launch, they were much more leaning towards complaints or disappointment.

It's called social media, and it's a vastly more effective method than any forum to read trends. Marketing 101 for you.

Edited by Abriael

LOL. Sorry, but exposing incorrect statements doesn't mean not having played the game.

3: The game was way smaller than this one, let's not even talk about overall quality, because rift comes out of that comparison with broken bones

Look, posting your blind fanboi comments to try to defend this game is not helping either case.

For the record, RIFT was a much more polished and complete game than this. All instances worked, all hardmodes worked, and all raids worked. FACT.

It's quite obvious that you never played the game by the fact you claim it was smaller. The mechanics in rift, being the actual rifts were innovative and fun. The game was an open world, unlike this instanced pile of dung. The game lost interest when everything was made easier...kind of how like this game STARTED - Easier.

I would be more than happy to go on and on with you regarding the launch, but it's obvious your clueless on the subject.

All the conspiracy theories that stemmed this thread have been debunked, painfully, and obviously this makes you mad. Must be why you're resorting to bash the game completely off topic.

They fixed this game more than any other MMO at launch. It's that simple.

Just because you say it doesnt make it so. Sorry. Im far from mad. Disappointed yes.

Im not bashing the game. Get your head out of your *****.

Everything I posted is fact. They havent even fixed much, most of all the important stuff such as ability delay. Its that simple. Youre delusional.

What bugs?

I don't recall anything close to Ability lag in rift? or FPS issues on decent machines?

Smaller?

lets talk zones/planets

Rift had 15 zones

SW 17 planets

rift zone sizes >>>> SW zone sizes. Much bigger.

And as far as quality, this is a Personal call. I feel Rift offered more. All SW offers is theme park gameplay (YAY SABRES) and an awesome storyline. End game is laughable. lol full clear first night

Rift's BIGGEST issue at launch, was the brute force hacking, which they did in time fix (yes it took a month+ i do believe) but fixed it with a beautiful system all MMO's should adopt imo.

Look, posting your blind fanboi comments to try to defend this game is not helping either case.

For the record, RIFT was a much more polished and complete game than this. All instances worked, all hardmodes worked, and all raids worked. FACT.

It's quite obvious that you never played the game by the fact you claim it was smaller. The mechanics in rift, being the actual rifts were innovative and fun. The game was an open world, unlike this instanced pile of dung. The game lost interest when everything was made easier...kind of how like this game STARTED - Easier.

I would be more than happy to go on and on with you regarding the launch, but it's obvious your clueless on the subject.

"worked" doesn't mean polished.

There's no need to "try" and defend this game. I'm here laughing at how some try so hard to grasp at straws to attack it, well knowing that no one will really listen to them. Must be why you're so mad.

Edited by Abriael

I'm far from mad. I'm actually quite content. I am pointing out the fact that you are spewing crap out yer buttocks. As pointed out by MANY other people, Rift was far more polished and far from smaller.

If you want to lie to make yourself feel better about being totally in love with Star Wars, that's fine. However, most people that know anything about both launches are actually laughing at you, not the other way around.

Nobody needs to "grasp straws" to attack this game.

Ability lag and broken stories are enough to do it on it's own. Even if you ignore the huge list of issues posted earlier, those two alone make this a launch failure.

Sure the game will continue and get better as all do, but lets not sit here and call this the end all be all of gaming.

Edited by Qilz

Just because you say it doesnt make it so. Sorry. Im far from mad. Disappointed yes.

Im not bashing the game. Get your head out of your *****.

Everything I posted is fact. They havent even fixed much, most of all the important stuff such as ability delay. Its that simple. Youre delusional.

So aggressive. I'm almost intimidated.Almost.

And you say you're not mad. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry to burst a bubble, but you saying "this is fact!" doesn't make it fact. The so dreaded "ability delay" is unnoticeable for the 99% of the playerbase. Go ahead and quit over it. You and the other 100 will hardly make a dent.

Instead of implementing small patches every 1-2 days that would fix bugs and other small problem they made us play with very small but very annoying bug for over a month.

They should have released the patches seperately.

Kira patch to placate those affected.

Seperate PvP bracket patch which would have probably let the people crying over end-game at LEAST play PvP until they release the new rakghoul endgame FP.

I'm sorry, did you not see all the whining about "Too many patches" and "too much downtime" a week or so ago.

I'm far from mad. I'm actually quite content. I am pointing out the fact that you are spewing crap out yer buttocks. As pointed out by MANY other people, Rift was far more polished and far from smaller.

If you want to lie to make yourself feel better about being totally in love with Star Wars, that's fine. However, most people that know anything about both launches are actually laughing at you, not the other way around.

Must be why most writers (most of which reviewed both games) must be saying exactly the opposite right? :D

Let's not even talk about the horrific security issues rift had. Smooth launch? Please. Not even mythic managed to handle it that badly.