The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

No patch on 1/17/2011

Kryptale

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody who's ever done software development knows that sometimes you miss a deadline and things aren't ready when you hoped they would be.

And seriously, you think there plan is to keep subscribers by *not* fixing bugs? And announcing that a few days before the first month is up?

Amazing.

How the hell do you not know you will miss your deadline until 10 pm eastern?

They had all day to postpone.

They chose low forum traffic.

I was hoping this would happen because I've got school off tomorrow and TOR is my timekiller since I got it for Christmas (I am very glad I did).

Honestly, I'm not looking forward to any of the improvements because I won't really benefit from a new raid since I'm still leveling and I don't PvP so I don't care about the bracketing.

They cant win. If they release it tomorrow people will yell "We told you about these bugs and you did not fix them but put them out anyways!!". If they postpone it you say "I cant believe you postponed this update!!". Better postponed than giving us a bunch of new bugs or another economy ruining exploit I say.

shhh. common sense isnt handled very well on these forums.

I see a lot of words, but it seems to translate into:

"Want to try our patch with more content and some fixes? Give us $15 for another month"

:rolleyes: decisions decisions

I also have the vague suspicion that the next patch will not be released before the first month of play is up in order to bait customers into subscribing.

shhh. common sense isnt handled very well on these forums.

No, we don't have to be patient. We don't have to "give them a chance." We don't have to "Compare to WoW *at release*." We can set whatever the hell standard we feel like and vote with our wallets.

That's some real common sense for you.

How the hell do you not know you will miss your deadline until 10 pm eastern?

They had all day to postpone.

They chose low forum traffic.

Low forum traffic... what? This time of night on a U.S. holiday?

And yes, it's quite possible in last-minute coding or testing to realize you need a delay. It happens all the time.

Seriously, you're starting to sound delusional.

Edited by imtrick

Thank you for the postponement of 1.1 patch, Bioware. I cannot speak for everyone, just know however that I, for one, love seeing patches delayed and under-go more testing rather than rushing things out because the "vocal community" demands such.

Please, do not give into the demands of a rushed product. Instead, please take as much time that you feel necessary to release content as bug-free as humanly possible.

Thank you!

Edited by Zebular

No, we don't have to be patient. We don't have to "give them a chance." We don't have to "Compare to WoW *at release*." We can set whatever the hell standard we feel like and vote with our wallets.

That's some real common sense for you.

100 % correct !

so I'm hoping you and your friends are voting with your wallets on the 20? or soon there after .

Hmmmm very very shady indeed. First they come with a content patch 2 days before payments kick in. Everyone read in on it and then 5 hours before server takedown it gets pulled. I feel we are being played by EA, just a gutfeeling! Time will tell!

There's more to the world than just the US.

It's 3:20 am GMT right now.

Yeah, it's 3:20 am GMT. On a U.S. holiday.

These are not low-traffic hours. This is prime time.

I'm sorry if you're somehow inexplicably offended by that, but it is 100% true.

Edited by imtrick

wait, let me get this straight. We bash BW for rushing SW out the door early with bugs, and then we bash them again for delaying a patch to make sure the patch is good and ready?

:confused:

Yes, that seems to be exactly what's happening. My irony meter just exploded.

Just one thing --- Does anyone know WHY they are pushing back the patch?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=186975

Hello everyone! Because we care about ensuring that Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ provides you with a consistent and quality game play experience, we will be postponing weekly maintenance this week. Downtime was originally scheduled for Tuesday, January 17th, 2012 from 2AM CST (12AM PST/3AM EST/8AM GMT/9AM CET) to 10AM CST (8AM PST/11AM EST/4PM GMT/5PM CET) and will now occur at a later date due to issues requiring additional testing that have been discovered with the Game Update 1.1 content on the Public Test Server.

These issues were primarily brought to our attention by the diligent players on the Public Test Server Forums. Your participation in testing helps to improve the game as a whole, and we appreciate your discussion and feedback. The bug reports you provide are a valuable part of the development process. Thank you!

We’re working hard to bring you Game Update 1.1: Rise of the Rakghouls and are working hard to ensure your overall experience with Star Wars: The Old Republic is spectacular! The maintenance window for Game Update 1.1 will be rescheduled for some time within the next few days, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. When there’s a definite time, we will post here on the forums as well as on the Community Blog. Please keep your eye out for updates, and we will provide information as soon as it’s available.

Edited by Zebular