The Imperials beat us and we planted the bomb

Misinformed

I just played a pvp in Illum where you plant bombs on the doors... Well my team got to the second doors planted the bomb and the round ended with 2 seconds left before the bomb blew up....

Next round the imperials got to the second round but never planted the bomb and somehow we lost the round...

THIS GAME IS SO FU*KIN LOP SIDED FAVORING THE IMPERIALS.... Im done playing this *********** game until the balance this ****.

Now the third and biggest billy goat stepped onto the bridge. TRIP-TRAP-TRIP. "Who's that crossing my bridge!" bellowed the troll. "I'll gobble you up!"

"I AM CROSSING YOUR BRIDGE!" shouted the third billy goat, "AND YOU'RE NOT EATING ANYONE!" And lowering his head, he charged the troll. With his big curling horns he poked the troll's eyes out and with his big sharp hooves he trampled the troll to bits and kicked him off the bridge. That was the end of that particular troll, swirling away in pieces down the mountain stream.

Now the third and biggest billy goat stepped onto the bridge. TRIP-TRAP-TRIP. "Who's that crossing my bridge!" bellowed the troll. "I'll gobble you up!"

"I AM CROSSING YOUR BRIDGE!" shouted the third billy goat, "AND YOU'RE NOT EATING ANYONE!" And lowering his head, he charged the troll. With his big curling horns he poked the troll's eyes out and with his big sharp hooves he trampled the troll to bits and kicked him off the bridge. That was the end of that particular troll, swirling away in pieces down the mountain stream.

I lol'd hard.

... That story has gotten way more violent than when I was a kid...

If you're equal on objective points (which you admit in you post you were) it comes down to score, the Imperials had you beaten in that aspect, end of story.

So you lost a warzone and you made a forum thread about it assuming people care or you'll change the world and SWTOR as we know it? Let me know how that one works out for you, bro.

I just played a pvp in Illum where you plant bombs on the doors... Well my team got to the second doors planted the bomb and the round ended with 2 seconds left before the bomb blew up....

Next round the imperials got to the second round but never planted the bomb and somehow we lost the round...

THIS GAME IS SO FU*KIN LOP SIDED FAVORING THE IMPERIALS.... Im done playing this *********** game until the balance this ****.

You don't get points for planting the Bomb only for the door exploding. If you both only got though the first door then it comes down to who was the better team and got more kills/dam/healing/medals etc. You were outplayed Sir plain and simple. Suck it up and Solider on. Or Cry QQ and ragequit I don't care either way.

I think the tiebreaker actually first checks how many secondary objectives you get (i.e. force fields disabled), and if that's still a tie I guess the side that killed more wins or something.

I don't think it's that complicated.

Round 1 determines the edge in the tiebreaker. If you are the defending team in Round 1, and you successfully defend, then you're guaranteed the win whether you cap in Round 2 or not. And if you are the attacking team in Round 1 and cap successfully, then you're guaranteed the win no matter what happens in Round 2.

This is how it seems to work to me, anyway.

I don't think it's that complicated.

Round 1 determines the edge in the tiebreaker. If you are the defending team in Round 1, and you successfully defend, then you're guaranteed the win whether you cap in Round 2 or not. And if you are the attacking team in Round 1 and cap successfully, then you're guaranteed the win no matter what happens in Round 2.

This is how it seems to work to me, anyway.

Err no there's a score with each primary objective. It's first door, first force field, second door, second force field, final door, and core. Each of those is worth 1 point, so getting the core gets you 6 points.

In the case of a tie, I think like one poster said it's whoever got to those objectives first. It might have something to do with the number of force fields you disabled, though there's usually no reason to not disable all of them when you can.

Bomb in progress does not count as a point.

Edited by Astarica

Do any of you actually PvP and play Voidstar? The false and totally incorrect posts in this thread is amazing.

Voidstar is simple, although broken IMO, if both teams reach the same point (equal objective points) the later team wins. It's as simple as that, if you attack first open no doors you already lost even if you successful hold them from planting anything as well. Should note as I read it in this thread there is no secondary objective points, each door is one point and each FF/Bridge/Data is one point for a total of 6 objective points.

TL;DR There is no "tie-breaker" the later team will always win in the event of a tie.

Edited by SmugGnat