Use my WoW security key for SWTOR??

Preg

Does anyone know if we can use our security key thingies from WoW on this game?

That would be awesome, since I will never play WoW again (havnt played it in a couple years anyways). Put this thing to good use

Does anyone know if we can use our security key thingies from WoW on this game?

That would be awesome, since I will never play WoW again (havnt played it in a couple years anyways). Put this thing to good use

Of course you can!

Right after you open the next BMW you see with the key to your Vespa...

I can understand how a layman would not know this but basically the RSA key has a specific hash that it works against, that is unique for each group that distributes RSA keys, be them for video game security, or things like extra layers of authentication on VPNs to highly secure networks and so on.

The device _does_ the same thing, it just has a different formula to do it and will NOT work with this game. (Specifically the serial number on the back is tied to a database that knows what the private key for that device is.)

how should you possible use your security key from a totally different game?

Easily, the authenticator genuinely does not care, and 6 numbers generated according to a code is still 6 numbers generated according to a code.

HOWEVER, it's not going to happen since they are different companies, and sharing the information that lets them know what number is going to come up, well, it's not good policy to exchange it between companies.

So no, OP, you can't expect to do it. Even if they are both using VASCO, it's unlikely that the serial information would be shared.

I can understand how a layman would not know this but basically the RSA key has a specific hash that it works against, that is unique for each group that distributes RSA keys, be them for video game security, or things like extra layers of authentication on VPNs to highly secure networks and so on.

The device _does_ the same thing, it just has a different formula to do it and will NOT work with this game. (Specifically the serial number on the back is tied to a database that knows what the private key for that device is.)

Wow people really got fired up about this one. This guy answered my question perfectly and I appreciate it. I was just wondering if it was just a contract with some huge company somewhere and all the keys were basically the same regardless and just had a different sticker on it or if they had different programming.

Thanks Battyone for answering with grace :)

Wow people really got fired up about this one. This guy answered my question perfectly and I appreciate it. I was just wondering if it was just a contract with some huge company somewhere and all the keys were basically the same regardless and just had a different sticker on it or if they had different programming.

Thanks Battyone for answering with grace :)[/color]

Thanks for trolling, goodbye! :)

Thanks for trolling, goodbye! :)

Honestly I work in IT. This kind of question does not surprise me, and while it could have been trolling, there was also the part in the back of my mind where a user thinks their monitor is dead because they lowered the brightness...