Sentinel in PVE...

Surimaya

Also, Watchman is not necessarily the best for PvP. It's purely dependant on the user. There are numerous people that do exceptionally well with the other trees.

Now that you're slightly better educated on PvP builds, I feel watchman is better for PvE than the other 2.

I wreck PVP and PVE with watchman.. Focus is good for PVP but I find it lacking somehow and it is horrible in pve (as in BAD). Didnt try combat yet so I can't tell but to be honest I dish out a good amount of damage as watchman, often top WZs damage done/kills as a single target damage dealer and can solo almost anything in PVE (out of the group content of course.. maybe some champions tho ;) )

To be honest: Play what you feel is the best for you, what fit your style. That is the only way to go!

I wreck PVP and PVE with watchman.. Focus is good for PVP but I find it lacking somehow and it is horrible in pve (as in BAD). Didnt try combat yet so I can't tell but to be honest I dish out a good amount of damage as watchman, often top WZs damage done/kills as a single target damage dealer and can solo almost anything in PVE (out of the group content of course.. maybe some champions tho ;) )

To be honest: Play what you feel is the best for you, what fit your style. That is the only way to go!

See this is one of the issues that I have with the Watchman is better for PvP.

Sure, you put out a lot of damage. You get more medals because of the healing, but the thing is that it takes a lot longer to kill those opponents.

As Combat I can reach close to those obscene numbers that Watchman reach, but I am running through people very quickly and securing objectives. I usually have at least 15-20 more kills with Combat compared to Watchman.

I played with Watchman for a bit, but I just didn't feel as effective on the PvP field as I do with Combat. Focus is garbage for PvP. You have to rely on that Force sweep that frequently misses and is no where near as good as Guardian.

To me, big numbers on a scorecard doesn't mean that you are winning.

saying focus is garbadge cause you think guardians are better with it... thanks mate thats a real reason!

i tried all 3 specs and playing focus was fun and efficient. till now id say all 3specs are viable but lets see how it will be with the new 50 only bracket

See this is one of the issues that I have with the Watchman is better for PvP.

Sure, you put out a lot of damage. You get more medals because of the healing, but the thing is that it takes a lot longer to kill those opponents.

As Combat I can reach close to those obscene numbers that Watchman reach, but I am running through people very quickly and securing objectives. I usually have at least 15-20 more kills with Combat compared to Watchman.

I played with Watchman for a bit, but I just didn't feel as effective on the PvP field as I do with Combat. Focus is garbage for PvP. You have to rely on that Force sweep that frequently misses and is no where near as good as Guardian.

To me, big numbers on a scorecard doesn't mean that you are winning.

then your doing it wrong lol, im watchman, and i MELT things down in seconds. Always over 500k dmg done in wzs and ~80k healing done with it, on average i got 40+ kills 0 deaths. Its ability to survive is outstanding, and its damage flows alot harder than combats, don't get me wrong i love combat to death and i still use it every now and then, but until they adjust some numbers watchman is flat out superior. Because in my experience on all acounts it will actually take longer to kill someone with combat than it will with watchman, and you dont have the self heals to sustain yourself :/ merc slash crits higher than bladestorm with precision up, once they buff ataru form or something, then i will FULL switch to combat, cuz lets face it, the playstyle is amazing

in regards to focus, no, using it right it is devastating. its just harder to use, and your more susceptible to being kited, but you take less dmg, and powerhouse sweeps will drop off huge chunks of health.

All in all, to each his own, personally i dont like watchman that much, i hope the other specs get some love, i hate being forced to play one spec to stay competitive in operations and warzones

Edited by HollowVamp

As watchman:

target healer, interrupt heal, damage normally until ~60 percent hp, then force leap to interrupt the next heal, overload saber, cauterize, zealous, zen + relic/adrenal if available, merciless, force stasis, dispatch.

Cauterize ticks 6 times for 500, overload ticks 3 times for 1500+ each, merciless hits for 2k and crits for 4k, dispatch for 2-4k. If by some miracle that doesn't kill them, master strike's initial hit is applied very quickly and does a lot of damage, and your cauterize was probably refreshed by the merciless hit.

Nothing can survive that amount of burst (11-14k) within 3-4 gcd's. Always makes me giggle when I stasis an opponent and watch their hp go from 50 percent to 0 within the channel just from the damage over time effects. Regenerating 18 percent of your health every time you hit zen is always nice too.