When will there be an advanced class respec?

BraaxusKun

We're not talking class changes like Bounty Hunter to Jedi Consular. We're talking allowing for a Jedi Shadow to experience the aspects of the Jedi Sage. I should have to roll two Consulars to experience all that the class has to offer? I have to repeat the same story and the same quests just to be able to heal? Seems like a poor design choice.

Go check out Aion

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're not talking class changes like Bounty Hunter to Jedi Consular. We're talking allowing for a Jedi Shadow to experience the aspects of the Jedi Sage. I should have to roll two Consulars to experience all that the class has to offer? I have to repeat the same story and the same quests just to be able to heal? Seems like a poor design choice.

No, you're supposed to roll a sith inquisitor.

Why are people in favor of *not* allowing respecs? You should never be in favor of limiting what a player can do in a game (barring exploits, of course). Say you're in a group that needs a healer and I'm a Jedi Shadow. Why are you against me being able to switch to Jedi Sage for a little bit of healing action?

Dude its because they are DIFFERENT CLASSES - not different specs - You can already respec within your class - Name an mmo where you can switch classes....

No, you're supposed to roll a sith inquisitor.

I don't want to. I want to heal my republic friends on the character I've invested time and emotion in to :t_frown:

What is so bad about allowing people to experience the other side of their class?

WoW lets the paladin tank switch to healing or dps and last time I heard that game was doing pretty well for itself.

I doubt this will be an option any time soon. Personally, I wish that they just had 8 classes per side instead of 4 and then two advanced classes for each. I understand why they did it but if there was unique content for 8 classes from level 1 that would be epic. My main issue is rolling the same class so you can pick a different advanced class. Playing the same 1-10 content is a little boring the second time around.

Even jumping from jedi consular to jedi knight turned out to be pretty repetitive for me; though not as bad since the class story missions were different :)

I don't want to. I want to heal my republic friends on the character I've invested time and emotion in to :t_frown:

What is so bad about allowing people to experience the other side of their class?

WoW lets the paladin tank switch to healing or dps and last time I heard that game was doing pretty well for itself.

And you can tank and dps.

A warrior can't heal, but that's what you're asking for.

Why can't you "AC RESPEC REQUIRED" people get through your head that an AC is your CLASS, not a spec, not a talent, but your actual CLASS.

Is it because you chose it at level 10 instead of character select?

Edited by TItanten

Why are people in favor of *not* allowing respecs? You should never be in favor of limiting what a player can do in a game (barring exploits, of course). Say you're in a group that needs a healer and I'm a Jedi Shadow. Why are you against me being able to switch to Jedi Sage for a little bit of healing action?

A Jedi Shadow is more like a rogue / dk mix. A Jedi Sage is more like a mage / warlock / priest mix.

They are completely different classes. One is a caster / healer and one is melee dps / tank. You should absolutely NEVER be able to switch them or the choice was meaningless.

I would be completely for a full Advanced Class Respec, under the following conditions:

• The player is stripped of all their gear that is meant for the class they are switching from, if the gear is bound.
  • If the gear is of a armor level (Light, Medium, Heavy) that the new Advanced Class will never be able to wear, it should be removed from the character, if the gear is bound.
  • The players companion gear will go under the same stripping as the actual players gear.
  • The player is set to level 1 and transported to the starting planet of the new Advanced Class they have chosen.

Just do how I did, I made a Jedi Shadow and a Sith Sorceror, this way I get to experience the same class, both advanced classes, with a different story.

Edited by silkforcalde

Just do how I did, I made a Jedi Shadow and a Sith Sorceror, this way I get to experience the same class, both advanced classes, with a different story.

I want to play with my Republic friends though. I want to heal for them or tank for them or do dps.

And you can tank and dps.

A warrior can't heal, but that's what you're asking for.

Why can't you "AC RESPEC REQUIRED" people get through your head that an AC is your CLASS, not a spec, not a talent, but your actual CLASS.

Is it because you chose it at level 10 instead of character select?

yes. thats the exact reason they dont get it... people you ARE NOT A CONSULAR!!!

YOURE A SAGE OR YOU ARE A SHADOW

derp

Respecs within the Advanced class I could tolerate. I sincerely hope they never allow you to respec your advancement. It creates a disconnect with my character that I don't care to have. Your advancement choice should be meaningful, hopefully everyone chose wisely :)

Bad analogy.

You are not talking about the equivalent of respecing your paladin between holy or retri, you're talking about respecing them between Paladin and Mage.

It seems all the people posting pro-AC respecing are missing this distinction just because BW chose to not separate the classes fully at levels 1-10.

Can anyone actually give a really good reason why it should not be in game?

Its not like it prevents you from rolling another class. The visual appearance, class options are story lines are different enough you would still roll another class for that experience. In fact most people avoid rolling a second advanced class of the same main class because they do not want to relive all that content.

How is it any different from respec'ing existing trees? If a scoundrel respec's from healing in the sawbones tree to dps in the scrapper tree, how is that different in the grand scheme of things from going from gunslinger to scoundrel.

It would not take away from the depth of the game, since it gives every player an additional 2-3 trees to learn and master.

People need to get over the idea that advanced classes = different classes. They are not. Companions, story lines, shared trees, base abilities, gear, appearance, these classes are 75% related in the grand scheme of things.

Can anyone think of a reason that does not involve forcing someone to spend more time leveling up as a reason why advanced class respec'ing should not be allowed?

And every new MMO should implement a feature so you can respec your class to whatever class you want. Oh and WoW should implement a feature so you can respec from a Paladin to a Warrior!

Respeccing advanced classes is pretty much allowing people to reroll anytime they want. It's not a good idea. If you don't want to be stuck tanking/dpsing don't go Shadow and go Sage or make both classes. Don't turn the game into a 4 class wonder.

Fully agree, i dont understand it either!

i can understand changing the class fully is not a good thing but a Sith Warrior is still a Sith Warrior whether he is Juggernaut or marauder!

Sure it reduces the class from 8 to 4 but even 4 classes is damn more then i will ever spend time on leveling to 50, i will top level 2 chars to 50 and then see end content, some people have RL also you know.

I dont really care either way its not something I plan to use myself but if others want it, it doesnt detract from my game experience. If people dont want it they dont have to use it but why do they feel they should dictate to others given that it in no way takes anything from them if they decide not to use it?

but why do they feel they should dictate to others given that it in no way takes anything from them if they decide not to use it?

It does take away from me.

It removes the value of the choice in the first place. If you can switch then there's no real value in the choice at all.

Plus then if I'm lvl 50 and going though a FP or Op, I have no way of knowing if that tank or healer actually know what they are doing, or if they had even played a tank or healer before.

As it stands right now I can at least say that they played that class to lvl 50. If they can switch AC's I have no way of knowing how long if at all they've played a tank or healer.

So yes it does in fact effect everyone else if this is allowed in the game.

Already in game, actually. Those saying "Never" are clearly either trolling you or total nubs.

The only downside is that it's a pretty long ordeal because you have to start over at level 1, similar to the old Dungeons and Dragons 2nd ed. Human Dual-Class ability.

When logging in, instead of clicking your character to enter the game, simply click "Create New Character" and VOILA!

Happy to help.

that was litteraly the stupidest response I have ever heard in my life...