Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Collector's Edition Store Disapointment

Dan_McMan

So I purchased the collector's edition and I am extremely dissatisfied with the exclusive store. The developers made it sound like there would be more than one set of gear there... there is one light armor set and it looks silly.

What drives this home for me is the shopkeeper's generic merchant dialog. The shopkeeper is an Ithorian, so I don't think he should be saying, in English, "Have a nice day," and whatnot. It just kinda points out that the whole thing was thrown together at the last minute.

I would very much appreciate the collector's edition store, and the security key store for that matter, getting an update. A few more non-game breaking items would go a long way to making me feel like the collector's edition was worth it. Thanks for reading.

aren't you glad you have the option to not resub and go back to another mmo?

Why yes, and if enough people choose that option, you'll watch this game go the way of many others with a low population that never grows, or worse yet...it goes F2P.

They will get updates.

I haven't seen the Republic-side gear, but I think the Imperial Trooper gear is the best looking set in the game.

That does NOT excuse the fact that you're absolutely right: They made it sound like a LOT more pre-launch.

But they did that with pretty much everything. Remember when they said the the holocam would be "really cool"? Remember when they said the combat droid would hover?

They implied a lot of things. Rather than meet or exceed expectations, they chose to give us as little as they could while not outright lying.

But give them time. They WILL give us more, and in time they'll do right by CE purchasers. As silly as some of their decisions have been to fit time constraints, it's mostly a good bunch of people working over there, most of whom I'm betting feel pretty bad about some of the cuts that had to be made leading up to December.

• 3 weeks later...
Why yes, and if enough people choose that option, you'll watch this game go the way of many others with a low population that never grows, or worse yet...it goes F2P.

And there my friend is where your flawed logic enters the equation. Much as the minority of the dissatisfied (and unwilling to allow the game to evovle through patches, like every prior MMO) crowd would like the game to fail, it won't. It won't because you are in the minority and people play this game for many reasons and find enjoyement in the game inspite of it's imperfections.

So I purchased the collector's edition and I am extremely dissatisfied with the exclusive store. The developers made it sound like there would be more than one set of gear there... there is one light armor set and it looks silly.

What drives this home for me is the shopkeeper's generic merchant dialog. The shopkeeper is an Ithorian, so I don't think he should be saying, in English, "Have a nice day," and whatnot. It just kinda points out that the whole thing was thrown together at the last minute.

I would very much appreciate the collector's edition store, and the security key store for that matter, getting an update. A few more non-game breaking items would go a long way to making me feel like the collector's edition was worth it. Thanks for reading.

The DDE seller wasn't much better. :(

Total rip off

I'm fine with them waiting a few patches before they do. The player base has to shed this addicition to "everything on launch day" and "I want it all nao!"

Why yes, and if enough people choose that option...

Why in the world would anyone play a sub for a MMO if they dislike it as much as some people seem to dislike this game?

Why in the world shouldn't they spend their money on something they enjoy instead?

I hope you're right. It seems like a shame to leave such a cool idea so ill explored.

I like how people say "it will get updates" do not consider the following.

This game cost 200M to make.

It is built off a budget engine (hero engine)

Its been in development since jesus

It came out ...badly (you may disagree, I dont really care. Enough people agree on this topic that I don't think its debatable)

Other companies had tiny budgets, smaller development times, and came out with far more complete, fun and growing products (Rift for instance, which out of the box supported the latest graphic tech (SWTOR only supports dx9? really???) had a full end game, good leveling experience, innovative class system, etc).

For all the hype BW built up around this game, it almost seems like we were mislead. I mean the producer of this game himself said a game at LAUNCH has to compete against WoW in its quality, polish and features. "We are in a post WoW World, and your success is determined within the first few weeks" (not exact but relatively accurate quote).

Outside the pleasant leveling experience, SWTOR was a let down, and as any MMO player will tell you the leveling experience is in the end the minority of your game play. I played WoW for years with the same toon, but my overall time leveling her vs the time i played her end game was insignificant.

What BW made was a single player game, with a ton of stolen concept (Just look at the 'talent trees' and class design....nothing innovative there. Straight out of 2007 WoW).

I like how people say "it will get updates" do not consider the following.

This game cost 200M to make.

It is built off a budget engine (hero engine)

Its been in development since jesus

It came out ...badly (you may disagree, I dont really care. Enough people agree on this topic that I don't think its debatable)

Other companies had tiny budgets, smaller development times, and came out with far more complete, fun and growing products (Rift for instance, which out of the box supported the latest graphic tech (SWTOR only supports dx9? really???) had a full end game, good leveling experience, innovative class system, etc).

For all the hype BW built up around this game, it almost seems like we were mislead. I mean the producer of this game himself said a game at LAUNCH has to compete against WoW in its quality, polish and features. "We are in a post WoW World, and your success is determined within the first few weeks" (not exact but relatively accurate quote).

Outside the pleasant leveling experience, SWTOR was a let down, and as any MMO player will tell you the leveling experience is in the end the minority of your game play. I played WoW for years with the same toon, but my overall time leveling her vs the time i played her end game was insignificant.

What BW made was a single player game, with a ton of stolen concept (Just look at the 'talent trees' and class design....nothing innovative there. Straight out of 2007 WoW).

Spot on

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.