Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Proof People are Leaving...

antOWNio

Ah..they must be using the infamous "chicken little" + "2012 end of the world" formula. I'd go into more detail on the specifics of this formula...but lets just say it's purely speculative at this moment and is never based on any real hard data. :)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, I thought people were saying RIFT is doing well. I thought people said RIFT was great and was adding content and was polished and had great communication.

So RIFT isn't doing well?

rift just dropped from 66 to 16 servers in North America over the last month. no, they aren't doing well. people left mostly because emphasis on new content was higher than that of fixing bugs in the current content, among many other things i see being duplicated here.

rift just dropped from 66 to 16 servers in North America over the last month. no, they aren't doing well. people left mostly because emphasis on new content was higher than that of fixing bugs in the current content, among many other things i see being duplicated here.

Or you could read their dev log and see how Rift recently doubled their server pop capability and decided to consolidate servers and rearrange the battle groups in order to put everyone in heavy server groups.

But hey, nice troll otherwise.

Edited by Laeris

Or you could log in at prime time on Sunday (typically the heaviest day of the week for most MMOs) and see that on my server, Sanctum of the Exalted... we had 61 people in the fleet station at 7pm server time. Last week, we had nearly 200.

From 10pm last night til early in the AM, there was never more than 14 people on Alderaan. There was under 40 people on Nar Shadaa, and when I went back to Coruscant (which always had 150+), there were less than 60.

Our server is dropping off the face of the earth. Pop wise, it still has lowbies... but once you get to Tattoine, ghost town. People are dropping out of the game once they approach 30. One of my alts is in a large Imp guild on the server and we're down to less than 20 people who have logged in in the past week (down from 90).

I was the only person on Ilum for almost an hour last night.... and that's the end-game zone :(

or maybe people were doing other things like NFL playoffs and the golden globes

Sad news for RIFT fans I guess. I honestly haven't followed it at all after leaving the middle of last year. It was an ok game, I'm just bored with fantasy style MMO's I guess.

Or you could log in at prime time on Sunday (typically the heaviest day of the week for most MMOs) and see that on my server, Sanctum of the Exalted... we had 61 people in the fleet station at 7pm server time. Last week, we had nearly 200.

From 10pm last night til early in the AM, there was never more than 14 people on Alderaan. There was under 40 people on Nar Shadaa, and when I went back to Coruscant (which always had 150+), there were less than 60.

Our server is dropping off the face of the earth. Pop wise, it still has lowbies... but once you get to Tattoine, ghost town. People are dropping out of the game once they approach 30. One of my alts is in a large Imp guild on the server and we're down to less than 20 people who have logged in in the past week (down from 90).

I was the only person on Ilum for almost an hour last night.... and that's the end-game zone :(

Sounds to me like you have no clue what your talking about.

Factions are free for all. So its likely your server which is the same pop as mine is unbalanced meaning your on the side that sucks which is probably republic.

My server at Heavy has 230 people in fleet at prime time. Even during standard it has around 180 people in fleet.

So you probably rolled the wrong faction on your server and think its underpopulated when reality is its not everyone just is playing the other faction.

Or you could read their dev log and see how Rift recently doubled their server pop capability and decided to consolidate servers and rearrange the battle groups in order to put everyone in heavy server groups.

But hey, nice troll otherwise.

you go ahead and think what you want. it's a free country. well, it is where i live anyway.

Sad news for RIFT fans I guess. I honestly haven't followed it at all after leaving the middle of last year. It was an ok game, I'm just bored with fantasy style MMO's I guess.

Rift is fine and doing great. Like I said in my reply, the devs posted this on their devlog that they've recently doubled their server capacities and felt it necessary to consolidate.

That excuse that the devs boosted the pop cap for all of the servers is lame and BS.. Why would they keep adding servers because of queue times, AND THEN LATER BOOST THE CAP FOR ALL SERVERS? That does not even make sense.. Why wouldnt they just boost the pop cap for the servers with queues in the first place? no they are going to wait til they add a bunch of light pop servers and then boost the server caps for all of the servers..

I swear fanboys will make and damn excuse...

That excuse that the devs boosted the pop cap for all of the servers is lame and BS.. Why would they keep adding servers because of queue times, AND THEN LATER BOOST THE CAP FOR ALL SERVERS? That does not even make sense.. Why wouldnt they just boost the pop cap for the servers with queues in the first place? no they are going to wait til they add a bunch of light pop servers and then boost the server caps for all of the servers..

To level populations and avoid servers where the population is to heavy?

I swear some people are severely ignorant.

- not a fanboy either if you have read any of my posts for this game lol.

Well, of course populations are going to be lower.

Even the best games will have a certain % of people who try it who don't like it.

Even if you enjoy it you can burn yourself out on it a bit. Married couples will probably have more sex in year 1 of marriage than the rest of their years of marriage combined. When things are brand new you overindulge, and then settle down into a pattern of more realistic usage.

There have not been heavy, popular ad campaigns seeking to increase the playerbase, so the launch numbers will naturally start to decline and no influx of new players to make up for it.

http://www.torstatus.net/shards/us/stats

I've been checking this the past couple weeks and noticed the decline in server trends is going down. Servers that used to be heavy, full, are now becoming standard. It's a slow process but it's not working in favour of TOR.

You ever consider some people play like crazy when a game releases, then they slow it down after maxing out? :rolleyes:

Sounds to me like you have no clue what your talking about.

Factions are free for all. So its likely your server which is the same pop as mine is unbalanced meaning your on the side that sucks which is probably republic.

My server at Heavy has 230 people in fleet at prime time. Even during standard it has around 180 people in fleet.

So you probably rolled the wrong faction on your server and think its underpopulated when reality is its not everyone just is playing the other faction.

It's widely known on our server that the Imps outnumber the republic 2 or 3:1. We've lost no less than 25% of our population over last week.

they said that slowly raising the cap and adding more servers rather than quickly raising the cap helps keep the servers more stable.

Rift is fine and doing great. Like I said in my reply, the devs posted this on their devlog that they've recently doubled their server capacities and felt it necessary to consolidate.

Ah, I misunderstood you. Well I have nothing against RIFT like I said, it's a fine game, just not for me right now. Maybe I'll go back if I get bored of lightsabers and blasters. I still have a nicely geared Rogue over there, well nice for the time anyway.

http://www.torstatus.net/shards/us/stats

I've been checking this the past couple weeks and noticed the decline in server trends is going down. Servers that used to be heavy, full, are now becoming standard. It's a slow process but it's not working in favour of TOR.

Why have you been checking it the last few weeks is the real question. So that when the number came down you could come here and say "LOOK SWTOR IS DYING HURRR".

I for one have played less in the past couple weeks. Why? I was tired and started going to be earlier which cut out my game time. Started up again last night, finished Act I for my Inquisitor, LOVED it and I'm spending today on the forums because it's as close as I can get to the game when I cant get in the game (which is what you're doing too...you just like being the complainer for fun).

The reality is, if someone HATED the game, they'd quit. Period. They wouldn't get on the forums and talk about it. These people crying the sky is falling are hoping people will believe them and start some revolution and get Bioware to make changes THEY want.

But the reality is...we're all playing so nobody's buying your bit.