I need man, so to speak...

British

Let me start this thread saying I'm male player wanting to roll a female char, well really for the intentions of "rolling a bloke".

I am totally and 100% screaming hetrosexual just looking to "experiment" with my feminine side *cough* I mean see what the other companion stories are like, so to speak, but still talking with a manly gruff voice and have never visited the ballet, ever!

So girls, who is the biggest dreamboat of a male companion and why? :o

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do wonder what sexuality has to do with what gender you roll in a game. If it had anything to do with what you preferred then you would roll female anyhow right? Seeing as you are 100% screaming heterosexual (Which made he chuckle). But in all honesty, if you're so insecure about your own sexual orientation that you have to make a post on a forum to explain why you roll a female (unless you're being super ironic, in which case I withdraw to the depths of the Internet once again to slumber..) then you need to realize that no one really cares if you roll a female or not.

/Love

Suiken

Edited by Parali
inappropriate content

there is nothing more gay than a guy rolling a male char.

considering that you have to look at your toons butt for hours and hours.

On the other hand some might want to identify with their character.

And if you're rolling a male, you can flirt with women.

Anyhow, I don't think it really says anything about your sexual preferences, it's an RPG.

I have male and female characters. Then again, I am bisexual. Hmmm.

Let me start this thread saying I'm male player wanting to roll a female char, well really for the intentions of "rolling a bloke".

I am totally and 100% screaming hetrosexual just looking to "experiment" with my feminine side *cough* I mean see what the other companion stories are like, so to speak, but still talking with a manly gruff voice and have never visited the ballet, ever!

So girls, who is the biggest dreamboat of a male companion and why? :o

So, everyone who has played Tomb Raider is a homosexual... Love the logic.

Depends on what you personally find appealing.

I think Corso Riggs is popular with the ladies because he's got a kind of "Aw, shucks" sort of appeal, and because one of his appearance packs makes him look a lot better. However, not everyone likes the simple, country-boy sort of appeal.

I saw in one post around here a female gamer who thought Doc (Jedi Knight companion) was handsome.

Thane Krios wins hands down. Just the right mixture of pain and sensitivity (you want to comfort him) combined with a dark macho image, and on top of that he wears a Regency coat (hello Mr Darcy <3). He was just a genius piece of design.

I haven't progressed far enough in SWTOR yet to meet a decently romanceable male companion, but I have high hopes of Andronikus Revel (pirate rogue, oh yeah). But if Khem Val had been made romanceable I would have been tempted (what could be more romantic than some giant force vampire who is totally your slave? Think "Beauty and the beast").

A lot depends on context. Looks isn't enough, as the Bioware team themselves acknowledge. You need to ooze romantic and sexual pathos from every pixel.

Depends on what you personally find appealing.

I think Corso Riggs is popular with the ladies because he's got a kind of "Aw, shucks" sort of appeal, and because one of his appearance packs makes him look a lot better. However, not everyone likes the simple, country-boy sort of appeal.

I saw in one post around here a female gamer who thought Doc (Jedi Knight companion) was handsome.

So far playing I would say the most fleshed out companion would be Vette. In her story get you to do a lot of tasks, meet friends etc.. not just conversations.

Is there a similar male companion with the depth of Vette's story?

my friend always rolls girl characters. they're nicer to look at while playing. i personally enjoy male characters as I get a little RP value out of it, I connect with the manly heroicness of it all. but i can definitely see where my friend's coming from.

it's the guys that roll girl characters and actually pretend to be girls that i am wary of, especially the flirtatious ones.

So, everyone who has played Tomb Raider is a homosexual... Love the logic.

You can't choose the sex of the character in such games.

In MMORPG's you can.

And some people certainly choose the sex depending on their own sex. "This is a virtual representation of myself. I'm male, so I'll choose a male character."

It might be possible that some people are trying to experience something different by playing a female character. Seeing how it feels to experience something as a member of the opposite sex. Then again they might just find female characters more attractive or it might not mean anything. Who knows.

There are 2 reasons I (mostly) roll female characters.

1. They usually look better.

2. I feel very weird about trying to make a good-looking male character.

Being a heterosexual male myself, the 2nd reason is a killer for me in RPG games where I can choose the gender.

There are 2 reasons I (mostly) roll female characters.

1. They usually look better.

2. I feel very weird about trying to make a good-looking male character.

Being a heterosexual male myself, the 2nd reason is a killer for me in RPG games where I can choose the gender.

QFT. Aesthetically speaking females are just much easier on the eyes.

You can't choose the sex of the character in such games.

In MMORPG's you can.

And some people certainly choose the sex depending on their own sex. "This is a virtual representation of myself. I'm male, so I'll choose a male character."

It might be possible that some people are trying to experience something different by playing a female character. Seeing how it feels to experience something as a member of the opposite sex. Then again they might just find female characters more attractive or it might not mean anything. Who knows.

There is also a kind of person who doesn't view his characters as an extension of himself, but rather as one of many actors performing for his entertainment.