Warzones unbalanced?

JeepWithGuy

Got into a huttball match with one player on our team over level 20 (24). The Sith team had 2 players under level 20. I'm level 15, and doing no damage to anyone on their team except the level 12 and 15 on their team. If two enemies attack me at once, i'm pretty much 3 shot. How is this balanced? One of the Sith was level 27. How is a 12 level advantage even remotely fair? Am I missing something?

This is quite hard to believe with the bolster system to be quite honest, either you're really bad or you're just lying in order to complain, back in Beta, I was doing similar damage to enemies and I also had similar HP to allies and enemies that were higher levels...

Of course, they could've removed the bolster system, which would be pretty stupid seeing as it was good >_> Can anyone tell me if they have or haven't? Thank you ^_^

This is quite hard to believe with the bolster system to be quite honest, either you're really bad or you're just lying in order to complain, back in Beta, I was doing similar damage to enemies and I also had similar HP to allies and enemies that were higher levels...

Of course, they could've removed the bolster system, which would be pretty stupid seeing as it was good >_> Can anyone tell me if they have or haven't? Thank you ^_^

They didn't. OP is either lying or really bad.

I don't understand why people are qqing about the bolster system. Mechanics that try to balance odds in pvp are usually a horrible bandaid that doesn't work at all. Obviously if you have higher level and more utility you are going to do better, but with bolster you actually have the ability to impact the outcome of the match. TL;DR If you don't like bolster, don't pvp til 50.

Here is the deal...

Bolster helps get your health and your damage up. Are you still at a disadvantage because you lack abilities that higher levels have? Yes. Should you be? Hell yes.

You can't expect to PvP at level 10 and be uber awesome. Level up, and then maybe you can complain.

People want to be the best at PvP at level 15. It isn't going to happen. If you are the same as my level 25, what the hell is the point of me getting to 25 if I can do everything at level 15?

Got into a huttball match with one player on our team over level 20 (24). The Sith team had 2 players under level 20. I'm level 15, and doing no damage to anyone on their team except the level 12 and 15 on their team. If two enemies attack me at once, i'm pretty much 3 shot. How is this balanced? One of the Sith was level 27. How is a 12 level advantage even remotely fair? Am I missing something?

The only advantage high level players have is more abilities in their repertoire .

L2P or get out

you can always tell the horrid PvPers because they say stuff like "bolster is really good, sure they get more abilities and skill points, but that doesn't make much of a difference!!!!"

I have no idea why Bioware didn't just use tiers: 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50

Edited by reofjsof

Premade vs PuG. You won't stand a chance. Each group will have a healer, guard, and dps train. Add the fact that most of the random pugs with be low levels, it will suck even more, esp when people start hitting 50. If they don't consider doing brackets, warfronts will die quick. Hitting the same 2-3 premades in every que gets old. Hopefully, the open pvp plantet will be fun and not a zerg feast.

you can always tell the horrid PvPers because they say stuff like "bolster is really good, sure they get more abilities and skill points, but that doesn't make much of a difference!!!!"

I have no idea why Bioware didn't just use tiers: 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50

If you understand how the Bolster system works and how to make it work for you more its really good. If your clueless then your going to get rocked.

Basically if your gear is close to your current level, your going to beat up people who are higher level but have weaker gear for their level. A level 15 in level 15 blues is going to be a lot tougher than a level 20 in level 15 blues despite having more talents and abilities because he has better gear for his current level.

At end of beta I kept my guys maxed out wearing modded armor and weapons as close to my level as I could get ahold of. It made a huge difference in PvE but it made a bigger difference in PvP.

Premade vs PuG. You won't stand a chance. Each group will have a healer, guard, and dps train. Add the fact that most of the random pugs with be low levels, it will suck even more, esp when people start hitting 50. If they don't consider doing brackets, warfronts will die quick. Hitting the same 2-3 premades in every que gets old. Hopefully, the open pvp plantet will be fun and not a zerg feast.

Trust me they won't die, and I find this really funny actually because it is so wrong. There where plenty of people thinking like that in the beta but it wasn't true at all. I played plenty of games where the level 50's didn't top the list with most healing, damage or objective points and instead it was some level 20 something leading the pack. Once people learn how to play better they will start enjoying the fact that they can be level 22 and stomp down a level 35 in a warzone. You have not witnessed rage until you own a level 33 sorcerer 3 times in a row with a 22 Sentinel. I got told I must be cheating because he should win versus lower level melee and I laughed.

the bolster system makes it for skill>gear while your level is the only thing that effects the fight

on beta i was a lv 15 sith assassin owning a lv 26 jedi shadow 1v1 :p

L2P your class or reroll/don't pvp

This is what people don't get. A higher level gives you more options but skill wins the day.

If you understand how the Bolster system works and how to make it work for you more its really good. If your clueless then your going to get rocked.

Basically if your gear is close to your current level, your going to beat up people who are higher level but have weaker gear for their level. A level 15 in level 15 blues is going to be a lot tougher than a level 20 in level 15 blues despite having more talents and abilities because he has better gear for his current level.

At end of beta I kept my guys maxed out wearing modded armor and weapons as close to my level as I could get ahold of. It made a huge difference in PvE but it made a bigger difference in PvP.

The difference in stats is marginal.

Only with stats like power/surge/aim/crit/defense rating/ etc... do they get added.

Gear atm is not a make or break kind of thing in PvP. At least not yet - play the game and then feel free to post something accurate.

skill isn't going to give you key high level PvP skills/abilities, sorry kids

"bolstering" is a crap system that allows mediocre players to stomp low levels who can't fight back effectively

it also allows those same mediocre players to justify what they're doing; i.e. "that low level I killed was bolstered, so it was a fair fight!"

Edited by reofjsof

The difference in stats is marginal.

Only with stats like power/surge/aim/crit/defense rating/ etc... do they get added.

Gear atm is not a make or break kind of thing in PvP. At least not yet - play the game and then feel free to post something accurate.

I played for about 7 months, and leveled several characters between levels 30-47 so I think thats pretty accurate based on personal experience. Tried testing it with same gear at different levels, even right after I leveled and made note of the changes to stats and damage caused.