Best "Beginner Class"

ShadowedAnarchy

Hi,

I played Wow for a vast amount of years, so much so I should have brought shares in Blizzard ^.^

Anyway, In everyones opinion - what is the best beginner class for SWTOR. The best "ease" yourself into playing SWTOR class, for both Empire and Republic sides. So far my list would be something along the lines of

Imperial Agent

Bounty Hunter

Sith Warrior

Sith Inquisitor (I can't even get past the last part of Korriban solo - for shame on me!)

This is really just an idea/opinion thread as I want to play something that i can get a feel for the game with, and get used to playing. I know each class gets pretty advanced and complex, but some classes must be easier than others, for example a DPS class is easier than playing a Tank/Healer as you primarily focusing on DPS, rather than crowd control and players life.

Thanks in advance :D

Hi,

I played Wow for a vast amount of years, so much so I should have brought shares in Blizzard ^.^

Anyway, In everyones opinion - what is the best beginner class for SWTOR. The best "ease" yourself into playing SWTOR class, for both Empire and Republic sides. So far my list would be something along the lines of

Imperial Agent

Bounty Hunter

Sith Warrior

Sith Inquisitor (I can't even get past the last part of Korriban solo - for shame on me!)

This is really just an idea/opinion thread as I want to play something that i can get a feel for the game with, and get used to playing. I know each class gets pretty advanced and complex, but some classes must be easier than others, for example a DPS class is easier than playing a Tank/Healer as you primarily focusing on DPS, rather than crowd control and players life.

Thanks in advance :D

I have leveled each class to 19ish (basically to the point where you get your ship & 2nd companion)

Beginning Planet, IMO BH was the easiest, SI being the hardest.

BUT once you get your companion, SI is by far a complete beast. You are a DPS machine plus you have the ability to heal your tank companion.

I've just got my SI to level 8, and im stuck trying to do the final quest. I play on a RP server so its difficult to find a group as when you ask for a group, everyone starts saying how weak a sith is for asking for a group to accomplish a task :p

I think once i get through Korriban, as you say with a tank pet and being able to heal it and dps, your pretty much a 3 player group in one tidy box :)

You must have missed several quests. I was level 10 when i finished my final quest. The only quset that i had problems with on my SI was the final droid kill quest (to kill the elite). I just waited until i got my companion and destroyed that thing.

Check your map, make sure you have everything explored. Hit the option to show all flypoints. Make sure you have them all. Go to each one and see if you missed some quests.

Finally buy a couple stims and heal pots if you are still having a problem with any quests.

BH and Trooper are by far the easiest professions to start with, IA and Smuggler seemed to me to be the hardest (or rather, the softest... they are a bit delicate after getting used to the BH/Trooper).

IA/Smuggler and Sith Warrior/Jedi Knight have an additional complexity, in that the cover and rage/focus mechanics are not easy to get used to, and to play the classes effectively, you need to master them.

Getting the first Sith Inquisitor companion is a challenge too, unless you are level 10, but apart from that the class is pretty easy once you have the basics :)

I think i may know what i might have missed...

When it comes to the droids, apparently, you can get them close to the edge and then use your ground move to knock them back over the edge. But as im level 8, about to turn 9 I should probably grind them to level up abit more prior to leaving Korriban. I still have my heroic quests to do, but i think ill be able to do these easily when i have my companion.

For those put off smuggler/IA by the cover system, I just want to say that the complexity actually diminishes significantly once you get your advanced class. Gunslingers/snipers can make their own cover, and scoundrels/operatives very rarely use cover at all.