The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Pulling a player with the huttball should not be allowed.

Skaarrj

Havaing a Sage/Sorc pull a teammate that has the huttball should NOT be allowed. This is what passing is for. With a pull you bypass:

1). The chance that you have a bad pass

2). That your Pass gets intercepted.

3). Quicker movement between 2 points than passing a ball

Pulling the huttball is way too easy to accomplish. Remove the ability to pull the player with the huttball

This is why you can pass the ball.

Might as well nerf the ability that people can jump to their allies as well. While we are on the subject, might as well nerf the fact that knights/warriors can leap to people at all, but to balance it no one will be allowed knockbacks. Since we removed knockbacks we should take away snares and slows. To balance the removal of snares and slows from most classes we should remove hard CCs such as stuns as well.

You know what lets just have everyone run about not able to touch each other. We should put on them some soft rubber mats on their heads, elbows, and knees so they dont hurt each other. Lets remove the ball so they dont throw it around and hit each other.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a good idea.

It's either this, remove huttball or take a wrecking ball to the sage/sorc classes overload of CC and mobility spells.

Sorcs are probably too good at everything, but certainly too good at huttball.

Fighting all sorc huttball team reminds me of the Harlem Globe trotters episode of futurama.

This is a good idea.

It's either this, remove huttball or take a wrecking ball to the sage/sorc classes overload of CC and mobility spells.

Sorcs are probably too good at everything, but certainly too good at huttball.

Fighting all sorc huttball team reminds me of the Harlem Globe trotters episode of futurama.

The nerf sorc/sage thread is --->

...And <----

...And pretty much everywhere else too.

The problem with pull and intercede is that they simply promote stacking nothing but those classes. Sorcs are already likely the best class you can bring to huttball even without pull. A team stacked with sorcs means you can't stop all of them and you also don't get to play the game if you're melee.

Realistically all leaps/pulls/speed increases should make you drop the ball or simply be unable to be used on the ball carrier. Would make huttball much better and less about how many sorcs are on your team.

Edited by Agroovesak

Doesn't matter. You got CC'd. Totally different story. What I'm talking completely bypasses any sort of skill at passing a huttball. Get the ball, get pulled. Cap. Pretty simple. No chance at a bad pass. No chance at an interception. And it's much faster.

Your wrong there is a risk. The squishy sorc has to be ahead of the ball carrier. Any number of classes can knock the sorc off of what hes on, or pull him back or a spawn of enemies can come from behind him.

The smart enemies just pull the carrier back to the pile because they dont waste their pulls on stupid crap. Its a 1 minute CD ability so its not like you can just spam it.

Hutball is a TEAM game where TEAMWORK and cheating is encouraged. You say there is no risk in pulling but there is risk in a force leap...no, just no.

There are multiple counters. A pull back(2 classes), a force leap to where the ball was pulled and then knock the ball back to where it was or worse(3 classes)

Your argument is that passing is the designed method...maybe i say that pulling is the designed method and you should be rooted in place when you have the ball and you can only be pulled by your teammates, except that everyone gets a pull when in hutball....see i can be ridiculously one sided and close-minded too.

TL;DR

Facts are, you were in a hutball match where a well organized team/premade used their class skills the way they were suppose to be used and your team wasn't smart enough to use the multiple counters to this one ability, if a 30 yard pull is completely unstoppable in your mind then its your deficiency.

Edited by phluke

If I notice a team trying to do pit pulls, I just play goalie with my force push, soon as he is pulled up he is shoved back down into the pit and I start to pound on the sorc/sage that did the pull. Rather easy counter actually.

You need to be aware of the enemy teams Sorcs/Sages are at. I kept running against this pre-made who would have their healer Sorc run around the side of the map and would go to the upper platforms on our side. The person who would grab the ball always got pulled up.

I caught on and started riding his butt and pulling him far away. Not once did their ball carrier get to the cap.

No no no!

Too much effort! Much easier to just ask for a nerf on the forums.

Is there a way to subscribe to threads made by a certain user?

This is the most entertaining thread I've read in a long time.

My favorite part was when anyone that disagreed was assumed to not understand the issue, or basically just called ignorant.

10/10

Edited by Marinus_

I disagree with most of this... pushing/pulling is fun.

My only complaint is the "Pull enemy on to spawn ledge" trick. We lost a match last night 2-1 even thought we "technically" scored 8 times. Every time, a tankasin pulled the carrier up to the ledge and it insta-killed him without counting the score.

I don't care if the pull to kill part stays, just make it score a point when they do it.

I do not want to see every game in the 50-only bracket end 0-0 because you can't advance the ball without passing it.

If you want to eliminate it you will have to do the following:

- Put respawns in middle of map.

- Increase the distance you can throw the huttball.

- Reduce the 2 minute ball explode timer to 20-30 seconds (if you take out knockbacks as well).

- Make players have to be out of stealth for 8-10 seconds before they can catch a ball (currently, they cannot catch it while stealthed, but can destealth mid-pass).

If you're willing to have the four changes above, I'm willing to lose pushes, pulls, and leaps.

I would like to see this change. It would make Huttball games more interesting, as the fire traps would actually have more of a point.

I think that the SI/JC pull and the SW/JK leap/charge should cause the huttball carrier to drop the ball, and whoever was nearest at the time to pick it up.

I would like to see this change. It would make Huttball games more interesting, as the fire traps would actually have more of a point.

I think that the SI/JC pull and the SW/JK leap/charge should cause the huttball carrier to drop the ball, and whoever was nearest at the time to pick it up.

0-0 games are not interesting. Go away soccer fan.

Havaing a Sage/Sorc pull a teammate that has the huttball should NOT be allowed. This is what passing is for. With a pull you bypass:

Pulling the huttball is way too easy to accomplish. Remove the ability to pull the player with the huttball

It's your own fault for letting the sorc sit up there instead of wasting him the second you respawn.

Of course if you sit there and ignore the enemy on your side f the map (right next to the goal line no less) it'll be a effortless point, it's called tactics and you are lacking

as long as all mobilities, pulling to someone, knocking someone away, and force sprint and jump are removed, sure...

otherwise you are off your rocker saying "dev's, this is rock speaking and paper is overpowered, scisors is ok though"

Using your logic.

Pushing enemies into the fire to do damage should NOT be allowed. That's what your dmg abilities are for.

Force leaping from platform to platform should not be allowed, that's what your movement keys are for.

Healing a ball carrier should not be allowed when the other team doesn't have a healer. Why should you get such an OP advantage?

And so on.

Warhammer Online showed exactly why pulls are the most OP ability you can ever put in a PvP situation. Being able to single out a key member of the other party and pull them into the middle of your own party where they inevitably get instagibbed is nothing short of game breaking.

Pulls are for PvE and should only be allowed in PvE.

However, leaps should still be allowed for melee classes as a gap closer. Though this can also be solved by giving all melee classes a sprint ability for PvP.