Energy Management? All gone :(

Saben-

So has any one managed to keep up energy during a boss fight yet?

Im Lethiality at the moment for pve and I seem to run dry pretty fast my rotation:

Corrosive Dot Arrow > Cor Grenade > Weakening Blast > Cull > Series Of Shots > Ambush > Cull > Reapply dots & repeat.

Sometimes i need to mix up my ambush and series of shots dependant on cooldowns but give it 30 seconds in to fight after ive used adrenaline probe thats me replacing. Series of shots, ambush and sometimes weakening blast to beable to just keep up my dots and i just use auto attack during the energy refresh time.

Any one got a good solution?

your obviously just spamming abilities.

what you should be doing is making sure u never go under 60%

this is what i do

Corrosive dart -> corrosive grenade -> weakening blast -> auto attack -> cull -> cover -> series of shots -> auto attackx2 -> cull -> corrosive dart -> weakening blast -> corrosive grenade -> auto attack -> cull etc etc

basically i keep my energy over 60% so i get full 5 energy regen/sec + 1 for every poison crit. everytime you below that youre losing energy and therefore losing dps.

auto attack isnt even that bad i mean it does like 800 dmg.

Edited by Neferseki

Do not use Ambush mid-combat as Lethality.

As others have said, you need to keep your energy above 60% or you will end up sucking yourself dry on energy. Use your Rifle Shots ability.

Also, I don't understand why people won't use Cover before Cull. You should be reflexively always in Cover when you use an activation time attack, regardless if it actually required cover or not.

Edited by Ayestes

Oh hey, I'm some random person who claims a spec sucks, I must be right.

Or I could be the first 50 sniper who has more than enough experience to know that lethality sucks. I mean I'm not saying you're assuming things but your assuming things.

I assumed you were a random person on this planet we call Earth. I realize I came off a bit offensively, but let me just explain what I read. Your post simply said Lethality sucks that's why your energy is low. Without any theory, mathematics, or evidence period. Not even discussion, which is what we do on message boards. So I admit I got a little frustrated when I read your response due to the lack of maturity in it and responded with similar immaturity in an attempt to demonstrate the lack of content in your post.

I am level 50 as well and I've played Marksman, Lethality, and Engineering. They are all pretty much viable although I personally dislike the playstyle of Engineering. I've done the math myself on both Marksman and Lethality and I've been following other people's spreadsheets. It's rather apparent to me that Lethality does not suck. For you to come in and simply say that it does without anything but a vague comment shows me that you either have no experience, are incompetent, or are naive. I honestly hope it's the third and you simply haven't had any luck yourself in playing it. That way you at least aren't blatantly lying.

(The picture is to simply demonstrate I'm 50, the damage is irrelevant since it's Voidstar.)

Edited by Ayestes

I can tell you why you have no energy, you're playing lethality which is the worst spec. End of Thread.
Completely not true. Recently respeced into Lethality from Marksman and it has numerous advantages. Energy management is not one of them, though.

I can tell you why you have no energy, you're playing lethality which is the worst spec. End of Thread.

He's obviously a troll. Look at his sig.

Lethality does plenty of damage and is very viable. Especially in fights where a lot of movement is required while keeping up dps time. With the current cover>snipe delay, MM is not as mobile as lethality even with snapshot and reactive shot. The 30% aoe snare is also valuable as well. Lethality's ability to output tons of internal damage is useful for fights against enemies with high mitigation.

The draw back of lethality is harder energy management, and the need to front load the dots before you can do any real damage. This means for fights like Soa phase 3, MM would be superior.

I assumed you were a random person on this planet we call Earth. I realize I came off a bit offensively, but let me just explain what I read. Your post simply said Lethality sucks that's why your energy is low. Without any theory, mathematics, or evidence period. Not even discussion, which is what we do on message boards. So I admit I got a little frustrated when I read your response due to the lack of maturity in it and responded with similar immaturity in an attempt to demonstrate the lack of content in your post.

I am level 50 as well and I've played Marksman, Lethality, and Engineering. They are all pretty much viable although I personally dislike the playstyle of Engineering. I've done the math myself on both Marksman and Lethality and I've been following other people's spreadsheets. It's rather apparent to me that Lethality does not suck. For you to come in and simply say that it does without anything but a vague comment shows me that you either have no experience, are incompetent, or are naive. I honestly hope it's the third and you simply haven't had any luck yourself in playing it. That way you at least aren't blatantly lying.

(The picture is to simply demonstrate I'm 50, the damage is irrelevant since it's Voidstar.)

Winner.

First 50 sniper means nothing, lethality is only really viable with 50% crit on dots otherwise your energy regen is crap, I'm at 52% and rarely run out and I barely rifleshot. Plus in our hm's same group makeup boss dies faster as lethality vs mm. Lethality is just harder to play cause there really isn't room to mess up, just my opinion

First 50 sniper means nothing, lethality is only really viable with 50% crit on dots otherwise your energy regen is crap, I'm at 52% and rarely run out and I barely rifleshot. Plus in our hm's same group makeup boss dies faster as lethality vs mm. Lethality is just harder to play cause there really isn't room to mess up, just my opinion

and responded with similar immaturity in an attempt to demonstrate the lack of content in your post.

You seem smart enough, you should know that this completely backfires. -You come out as just a big a clown as the person, who originally did it.

OT. Rifle shot, free damage and a necessity.

i love this :)

you need to identify which of your abilites draw the most damage per energy.

being EXTREMELY ROUGH with numbers that I see on my sniper:

Weakening blast is 700 dmg + 30% on 10 400dmg ticks (so a total of 700 + 1200) for 10 energy.

Corrosive dart is like 2k for 20 energy

Corrosive grenade is like 3k for 20

Cull approaches 6k for 30 (only with both dots on)

ambush is 2.5k for 15 energy

series is 3k for 20 energy

weakening blast is by far the best, then cull, corrosive grenage, series of shots, corrosive dart, ambush (debatable).

tbh your rotation should be able to spam cull and weakening blast and the expense of anything else except your two dots.

so honestly.. your priority rotation is something like:

Dart>Gren>Weak>Cull>(SoS/Auto)>Cull>Dart>Gren>Weak>Cull>(SoS/Auto)>Cull>etc..

if you're energy heavy you drop Series, energy light you drop autos but you MUST cull and weakening on cooldown.

this rotation doesnt even work if you play it, but it gives you the idea of where your priorities should be.

also consider, ambush is 3 seconds, thats 2 global cooldowns, thats 2 auto attacks which can ammount to somewhere in the ball park of 500-700 damage each. thats half the damage of an ambush without the cost of any energy.

Edited by hollowicious

This is my personal lethality priority list (not saying it's perfect or based on anything else then napkin math:))

1. keep dots up

2. use weakening blast / cull on cd

3. use series of shot if energy is over 90%

4. rifle shot

Works ok and i dont get energy starved. Personally it feels like i could get in maybe an ambush/explosive probe here an there, but trying to keep it simple.

You seem smart enough, you should know that this completely backfires. -You come out as just a big a clown as the person, who originally did it.

Too true. Things that work among friends when they are unreasonable never work on the internet via text.

For those working on a rotation, remember you regenerate 7.5e per 1.5s cast time and accordingly for the other cast times. That helps alleviate a lot of the costs in abilities. Especially in Cull, which is 30 energy but regenerates 15 of it back during the channel and often crits back about 6 more energy. A -9 energy drop is the same thing as using Snipe as a Marksman Sniper. The only thing you need to be concerned of is not dropping below 66 or 60 energy at the beginning of the channel.

I personally find Series of Shots and Explosive Probe as fantastic filler. Series of Shots is great energy efficiency and Explosive Probe is great damage. I'm going to consider Ambush in some math, but it's DPCT is lower then that of Snipe without Reactive Shot so it worries me.

Edited by Ayestes