Bioware, Marauders need help in PVP

xhaiquan

You are the noob if you ever even think about specing into carnage. It's the worst spec for pvp and pve(the pvp damage is easily healed through and the armor on bosses does not scale well carange pve dps). In PVP you either go Rage(juggernaut wannabe) or Annihalation(proper marauder spec), and while those specs has no roots(the 1 sec force charge is not a root), you really don't need roots or cc as a marauder since all our abilities can be used on the go.

Carnage/Combat spec is quite powerful in PvP. Annihilation/Watchman is a PvE spec and eventually people will recognize this. You're clearly thinking of a 1v1 mentality.

Edited by EternalFinality

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree completely with you apocalypse. mauderers can tank the heroics while leveling in bleed spec from the heals they get. The crit chance on bleeds is HUGE their damage is HUGE. people are just do damn stupid to realize things. Like i said in my earlier post you wanna be unstoppable?? Join a game with a ranged who can slow /stun and watch how much better you do. Because in the end Bioware isnt gonna make you OP and give you an outright stun..sorry doing 2-4k a hit on warrior with a 4 sec stun WELL GEE LET ME NUKE EVERYONE!!!

I'm currently trying to convince my raid leader to let me tank, I'm already our offtank for Pylons/Bounty Hunters, and I don't trait half my defensive talents. I really think Soa is the only boss I'd have issues with, mostly because of not having taunts to overcome threat from healing during his shields. Healers rescuing each other in Phase 3 would probably correct this though...

Threat wise, if you've got the two rebuke talents, you can spam riposte and be so ungodly far ahead on DPS that no one can touch you on threat provided you keep doing damage.

NOT being attacked our DPS is only mirrored by Gunslingers. While being attacked we get Rubuke (~100 DPS with 50% uptime, higher uptime traited for it), and a free 600-1000 hit from Riposte if we defend something (with the focus-from-rebuke talent you'll always have extra for Riposte).

Sentinels/Marauders are FAR closer to overpowered than underpowered.

Well you aren't going to get a stun a slow would be fine but no stun. and no they arent "hit and runs" you are a fool. They do skill based damage a bleed that over 3 secs ***** you and while all these bleeds tick...what can you do?? SMASH them with norm abilities i mean if you do it right you still do some good dps while busting out the skills. IVE played the bleed spec and a marauder carnage spec and they are perfect where they stand for the third time...run A WZ with a ranged with stuns and slows if you dont trust bleeds. YOU WILL DO FINE!

I'm currently trying to convince my raid leader to let me tank, I'm already our offtank for Pylons/Bounty Hunters, and I don't trait half my defensive talents. I really think Soa is the only boss I'd have issues with, mostly because of not having taunts to overcome threat from healing during his shields. Healers rescuing each other in Phase 3 would probably correct this though...

Threat wise, if you've got the two rebuke talents, you can spam riposte and be so ungodly far ahead on DPS that no one can touch you on threat provided you keep doing damage.

NOT being attacked our DPS is only mirrored by Gunslingers. While being attacked we get Rubuke (~100 DPS with 50% uptime, higher uptime traited for it), and a free 600-1000 hit from Riposte if we defend something (with the focus-from-rebuke talent you'll always have extra for Riposte).

Dang man nice. Im currently playing a 50 merc and i love ****** the tards who dont know how to be destructive with a melee class. I played a war in wow,rift, and in this and people dont realize that wars just dont get a stun other than the leap.

Where do I app to <Stupid>?

Anni maras are the quintessence of hit-n-run philosophy, they have nothing except high dot-based damage, while Carnage has rootbreaker, 3-sec root and ravage-root. That brings us much more utility.

You've obviously never played annihilation before.

Your root breaker is force cammo. Annihilation force cammo gives 100% damage reduction which i'd take any day over a crappier version of trinket. Ravage is interuptable either through a direct silence or a cc, and deadly throw only has a range of 10 yards which is pretty useless as a ranged snare. You can force charge into deadly throw, but why not just use crippling slash then? And annihilation marauders also have annihilate a 12-15 second CD attack that hits for 3k+, a 6 second silence, an extra interrupt w/ close quarters, a 6 second dot that ticks for 1.3k each, an extra DCD in force cammo, and generates 3x the fury any other spec does(hello guaranteed dot crits and 75k healing medal). Carnage sucks for PVP because its damage is so proc based which allows healers to just tank you.

Anni maras are the quintessence of hit-n-run philosophy, they have nothing except high dot-based damage, while Carnage has rootbreaker, 3-sec root and ravage-root. That brings us much more utility.

Uh.... How is the most durable DPS spec in the game synonymous with hit-n-run? If anything, Anni/Watchman is extremely well equipped to stay and fight.

As for your Roots in Carnage... 80% transcendence/predation with nearly double the uptime of Carnage. A good root is definitely valuable, but compared to the increased Fury/Centering generation...

Carnage READS as a PvP tree. In practice, it's inferior for PvP in most situations.

You've obviously never played annihilation before.

Your root breaker is force cammo. Annihilation force cammo gives 100% damage reduction which i'd take any day over a crappier version of trinket. Ravage is interuptable either through a direct silence or a cc, and deadly throw only has a range of 10 yards which is pretty useless as a ranged snare. You can force charge into deadly throw, but why not just use crippling slash then? And annihilation marauders also have annihilate a 12-15 second CD attack that hits for 3k+, a 6 second silence, an extra interrupt w/ close quarters, a 6 second dot that ticks for 1.3k each, an extra DCD in force cammo, and generates 3x the fury any other spec does(hello guaranteed dot crits and 75k healing medal). Carnage sucks for PVP because its damage is so proc based which allows healers to just tank you.

Force Cammo doesn't break roots for you.

Master Strike will always get the first two hits in before anyone interrupts it.

Crippling throw is a ranged root, not a ranged snare. Leg slash only snares, does very little damage, and doesn't apply a mortal strike debuff.

Combat spec damage comes from 100% armor penetration and auto-crit 9 sec cooldown +30% crit damage 2 focus Blade Storms. Smash does more, yes, but costs more focus and a much longer cooldown.

Edited by EternalFinality

Force Cammo doesn't break roots for you.

Master Strike will always get the first two hits in before anyone interrupts it.

Crippling throw is a ranged root, not a ranged snare. Leg slash only snares, does very little damage, and doesn't apply a mortal strike debuff.

Combat spec damage comes from 100% armor penetration and auto-crit 9 sec cooldown +30% crit damage 2 focus Blade Storms. Smash does more, yes, but costs more focus and a much longer cooldown.

Proc based damage can burst higher. Healers can just cleanse you.

uhh arent the healer supposed to be #1 priority anyways? and bleeds is the right way to go. Bleeds on a WARRIOR class is insane if you havent played an MMO before this and dont see how AWESOME bleeds are...i forgive you. Bleed spec rouges in other MMOs (what this resembles) ***** the crap outta people and...***** people in swtor.

uhh arent the healer supposed to be #1 priority anyways? and bleeds is the right way to go. Bleeds on a WARRIOR class is insane if you havent played an MMO before this and dont see how AWESOME bleeds are...i forgive you. Bleed spec rouges in other MMOs (what this resembles) ***** the crap outta people and...***** people in swtor.

Bleed spec in PvP was never best for Rogues in WoW. At least...not at first.

Bleed spec in PvP was never best for Rogues in WoW. At least...not at first.

Not at first but now *****. But on to swtor where bleeds now sit in the hands of a warrior??! Thats just sick im sorry. Bleeds ****...period especially when in beserk mode...nothing is worse when you almost kill an enemy and you watch them walk away while you bleed out...

You are the noob if you ever even think about specing into carnage. It's the worst spec for pvp and pve(the pvp damage is easily healed through and the armor on bosses does not scale well carange pve dps). In PVP you either go Rage(juggernaut wannabe) or Annihalation(proper marauder spec), and while those specs has no roots(the 1 sec force charge is not a root), you really don't need roots or cc as a marauder since all our abilities can be used on the go.

As a former 2200+ rogue in WoW i just cannot play a class without any form of CC! I thought Maras would be like DKs: no cc but high damage and utility, but I was wrong. I've seen Carnage maras doing 300k dmg in wz solo, but it was nothing compared to 450k Sorc or 500k from PT.

As a former 2200+ rogue in WoW i just cannot play a class without any form of CC! I thought Maras would be like DKs: no cc but high damage and utility, but I was wrong. I've seen Carnage maras doing 300k dmg in wz solo, but it was nothing compared to 450k Sorc or 500k from PT.

sorces have aoes and can spread dmg well. Same with any BH class.Hell same with any ranged class..but you burn single targets like nothing. So that is why they have more dmg than you..they can spread it out i know my main is a 50 bh merc and sticky dart plus death from above plus fusion missle plus sweeping blaster means damage is flying everywhere for you...

First, please no "You suck," or "Learn to play your class" posts.

The fact is that marauders are currently overpowered compared to almost every other class. I say this as someone who has played multiple 50 classes and am basing this observation on survivability, offensive and dfensive capabilities of the class.

fixed

Marauders are awesome. People saying that making roots/snares be effected by resolve would buff the class have absolutely zero clue as to why marauders are so great.

We have some of the best roots/snares, and we get them for free- you take away our ability to root someone with our leap even when they have white resolve and that's going to hurt us a great deal- consider that one SI/JC root is on a bad build for pvp, and the other is on a pvp CC build that doesn't maximize damage and has poor healing.

The only class that's a huge pain is snipers/gunslingers- can't jump to them, and they have great knockbacks, snares and roots. Mercs/commandos with their knockback can be a pain too.

Marauders are not overpowered. At their greatest (which is probably an annihilation marauder) they are balanced. At their weakest they are sorely underpowered and abused by other classes.

Gonna just do this for republic, it's faster for me.

For the master level- top 5% of the playerbase:

Tier 1:

Sentinel, Vanguard

Tier 2:

Sage, Scoundrel, Gunslinger, Commando (Healer)

Tier 3:

Guardian, Shadow

Tier 4:

Commando (DPS)

For the great level (5-25%):

Tier 1:

Vanguard, Sage, Commando (Healer)

Tier 2:

Scoundrel, Shadow, Sentinel

Tier 3:

Commando (DPS), Gunslinger, Guardian

Good (25%-50%):

Tier 1:

Sage, Commando (Healer), Scoundrel

Tier 2:

Vanguard, Shadow, Commando (DPS)

Tier 3:

Guardian, Sentinel

Tier 4:

Gunslinger

Bad (50%-90%):

Tier 1:

Commando (Both), Sage

Tier 2:

Scoundrel, Guardian

Tier 3:

Vanguard, Shadow,

Tier 4:

Gunslinger

Tier 5:

Sentinel

The Ugly (>90%):

Tier 1:

Tier 2:

Sage, Commando (DPS)

Tier 3:

Commando (Healer), Vanguard, Gunslinger

Tier 4:

Guardian, Shadow, Scoundrel,

Tier 5:

Sentinel

Teir 3-5 gets fuzzy if you specify certain warzones, but 1/2 are steady with the exception of Guardians moving into tier 2 for great/master when playing huttball.

Edited by Apocalypse-

I'm spec'd in Rage and I recently read up that I'm pretty much gimping myself because anni bleeds do great DOT, so maybe it's time to respec. I'd like to see our damage output up a bit higher as we are pretty much dps only but I can live with it. I wouldn't mind however a knock back, we are one of the few classes without one. Would be nice to knock someone into the acid for a change :confused: . Edited by Nadrojjj

Gonna just do this for republic, it's faster for me.

For the master level- top 5% of the playerbase:

Tier 1:

Sentinel, Vanguard

Tier 2:

Sage, Scoundrel, Gunslinger, Commando (Healer)

Tier 3:

Guardian, Shadow

Tier 4:

Commando (DPS)

For the great level (5-25%):

Tier 1:

Vanguard, Sage, Commando (Healer)

Tier 2:

Scoundrel, Shadow, Sentinel

Tier 3:

Commando (DPS), Gunslinger, Guardian

Good (25%-50%):

Tier 1:

Sage, Commando (Healer), Scoundrel

Tier 2:

Vanguard, Shadow, Commando (DPS)

Tier 3:

Guardian, Sentinel

Tier 4:

Gunslinger

Bad (50%-90%):

Tier 1:

Commando (Both), Sage

Tier 2:

Scoundrel, Guardian

Tier 3:

Vanguard, Shadow,

Tier 4:

Gunslinger

Tier 5:

Sentinel

The Ugly (>90%):

Tier 1:

Tier 2:

Sage, Commando (DPS)

Tier 3:

Commando (Healer), Vanguard, Gunslinger

Tier 4:

Guardian, Shadow, Scoundrel,

Tier 5:

Sentinel

Teir 3-5 gets fuzzy if you specify certain warzones, but 1/2 are steady with the exception of Guardians moving into tier 2 for great/master when playing huttball.

Prooflink to the source or it didn't happen.