All US servers are light/standard More waves?

tehfrigginlazer

Looking at http://www.swtor.com/server-status and every US server right not 11:30 am central is at light or standard.

There is only one wave left to go today. so, after 2.5 hours and 3 waves today and the 4 yesterday, none of the us servers are at heavy or higher population, after looking at this is there any chance of more waves being sent out?

I know I still would not get in as I am a dec pre-order, but I think it would be nice for others to get in and be able to play if there is a chance, also I think it would help push the whole process though faster as a whole.

Looking at http://www.swtor.com/server-status and every US server right not 11:30 am central is at light or standard.

There is only one wave left to go today. so, after 2.5 hours and 3 waves today and the 4 yesterday, none of the us servers are at heavy or higher population, after looking at this is there any chance of more waves being sent out?

I know I still would not get in as I am a dec pre-order, but I think it would be nice for others to get in and be able to play if there is a chance, also I think it would help push the whole process though faster as a whole.

Cause it's the middle of the freekin day dude. People are at school and work. Come 4 / 5 EST they will fill right on up. Wait to this evening THEN look at it.

Cause it's the middle of the freekin day dude. People are at school and work. Come 4 / 5 EST they will fill right on up. Wait to this evening THEN look at it.

we heard that excuse yesterday and all servers were standard/low at US primetime.

Everybody is at work.

That's assuming that everyone that ordered works, I am willing to bet a good portion of them are like me, School. I go tuesday, thursday, and friday I work part time, and still have plenty of time to play the sad part is that it's also being assumed that everyone has an 8-5 job. Which is just stupid to think.

stop making escuses for them, yesterday during primetime the servers were LESS crowded and most were light with some standard, this went on for hours, still looks mostly the same today. now i understand the first come first serve thing, but looking at the numbers, i dont see why they cant open the doors. we stressed test in beta a few weeks back and we had absolutly no issues from what i saw. at this rate ill be in earliest sat if at all, which i can tolerate to a degree. but they have to be getting to a point to widen the invites a bit more!

That would imply some sort of common sense is applied.

Well there's this pesky thing called work. Theres also this pesky thing called school. People at work may have invitations to start playing but can't since they're at work. Lets see how things are after people get home.

You have Euro servers at heavy and full because they're at primetime and most of the US servers are at standard. Kinda what you'd expect for the middle of the weak with early access, on only the second day when people weren't sure about when they'd be able to get in. But oh wait...I'm using logic here...how silly of me.

Well there's this pesky thing called work. Theres also this pesky thing called school. People at work may have invitations to start playing but can't since they're at work. Lets see how things are after people get home.

You have Euro servers at heavy and full because they're at primetime and most of the US servers are at standard. Kinda what you'd expect for the middle of the weak with early access, on only the second day when people weren't sure about when they'd be able to get in. But oh wait...I'm using logic here...how silly of me.

Yes, and the same logic states you should have looked at the servers yesterday during prime time, we had 2 at high, the rest at low or norm.

I'm sure its much more complicated then "Server not full -> Press button to let people in until they are full"

I won't pretend to know the exact science behind Bioware's decision making, but some reasons could be controlling population spread across servers, balancing faction population on each server, making sure the stability they have with the lower server loads is stable before letting more in, etc.

Yes, and the same logic states you should have looked at the servers yesterday during prime time, we had 2 at high, the rest at low or norm.

Actually no the same logic doesn't state that. Also yesterday is not today. Today is not yesterday. The circumstances are decidedly different between yesterday and today. Comparing the two gets you nothing.

I'm sure its much more complicated then "Server not full -> Press button to let people in until they are full"

I won't pretend to know the exact science behind Bioware's decision making, but some reasons could be controlling population spread across servers, balancing faction population on each server, making sure the stability they have with the lower server loads is stable before letting more in, etc.

balancing factions?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=18780

most servers are reporting a 4-1 or higher sith population

Controlling pop spread across servers? can't be done, look at any other mmo with servers, shards, what ever you want to call it. There is always one that's known for pvp, one for rp, one for raiding, so on and so fourth.

Making sure the stability they have with he server loads? What was the stress test week for then?

So people use yesterday as an example of low/standard populations and still think that after all the waves were sent out today that it will be exactly the same around prime time?

Wow, do people think about this stuff before actually writing it? How can it be the same if there were more added?

I suppose when you log in to Steam and see their player activity chart, it looks like a straight line rather than a wave regardless of the hour, huh?

Last night at 8p the servers where light and that was 8p Pacific. I had to start chuckling at it. But now I see normal and light across the board and even with the influx of people getting out of school and work. Will not change that as they will be staggered.

But I will say this and leave it at this as well. Bioware is rewarding people for ordering earlier and putting their code in earlier. It is our fault if we did not get in earlier or as in many cases Gamestop's, Best Buy's and other said retailers fault for us putting our code in late. Blame them not Bioware.

Actually no the same logic doesn't state that. Also yesterday is not today. Today is not yesterday. The circumstances are decidedly different between yesterday and today. Comparing the two gets you nothing.

They are not different, Yesterday servers were still mostly at low-med population, they could have pushed more waves that evening once they saw their "peak" hours, Today they can do the same, but they most likely won't.

Last night at 8p the servers where light and that was 8p Pacific. I had to start chuckling at it. But now I see normal and light across the board and even with the influx of people getting out of school and work. Will not change that as they will be staggered.

But I will say this and leave it at this as well. Bioware is rewarding people for ordering earlier and putting their code in earlier. It is our fault if we did not get in earlier or as in many cases Gamestop's, Best Buy's and other said retailers fault for us putting our code in late. Blame them not Bioware.

I'm not blaming them for waves, I honestly think it's a good idea, but at 4 a day, when they can see servers during the peak times, and yet they don't send more waves? Even when they are ghost towns on them, My roomie got his yesterday, he saw about 10 people ALL DAY LONG. The starter areas were dead, everything was dead, he could have been playing a single player game for all I could tell over the course of 4 hours I was in the computer room.

They are not different, Yesterday servers were still mostly at low-med population, they could have pushed more waves that evening once they saw their "peak" hours, Today they can do the same, but they most likely won't.

The stated goal for yesterday was to invite people and then wait and see how the servers faired throughout the evening to make sure everything was working right now that it was in production.

Today the intent was to add a much larger group of people to the servers.

Two different goals. The first goal was always going to inevitably leave the servers at light and standard. The second was to add even more people, something they have. Results for the EU side have shown the servers durring primetime are pretty well loaded.

Now will that be the case with the US durring primetime? Who knows. Likely you'll see much higher numbers on them durring that time. Ontop of that their other stated goal for the entire process was to minimize the need to just add servers only to have to merge them later.

Now they could just turn the invites on this evening depending on the server loads but why? You're not going to fully see the effect untill closer to midnight EST when the west coast hist 9pm. And at that point why not just wait till the morning as they have in the past?

I'm not blaming them for waves, I honestly think it's a good idea, but at 4 a day, when they can see servers during the peak times, and yet they don't send more waves? Even when they are ghost towns on them, My roomie got his yesterday, he saw about 10 people ALL DAY LONG. The starter areas were dead, everything was dead, he could have been playing a single player game for all I could tell over the course of 4 hours I was in the computer room.

My Co-Workers were playing at lunch (13:00 PST) and all the areas they were in had around 150 in whatever instance he was in. They said there was even more after work (17:00+ PST) Personally i have no problem with the ave since I don't want to be in an over crowded cluster of a starting area when I do get to play.

Well, the logic is kinda flawed. Regardless if the servers fill up at 5pm or not dones't change the fact on the 20th the gates are open, if it were me id let in a TON early so we have time to adjust the servers and tweak. When the 20th gets here its gonna be more of a pounding.

The stated goal for yesterday was to invite people and then wait and see how the servers faired throughout the evening to make sure everything was working right now that it was in production.

Today the intent was to add a much larger group of people to the servers.

Two different goals. The first goal was always going to inevitably leave the servers at light and standard. The second was to add even more people, something they have. Results for the EU side have shown the servers durring primetime are pretty well loaded.

Now will that be the case with the US durring primetime? Who knows. Likely you'll see much higher numbers on them durring that time. Ontop of that their other stated goal for the entire process was to minimize the need to just add servers only to have to merge them later.

Now they could just turn the invites on this evening depending on the server loads but why? You're not going to fully see the effect untill closer to midnight EST when the west coast hist 9pm. And at that point why not just wait till the morning as they have in the past?

But by the everyone will be off work and playing standpoint that most are taking, would inviting at peak times till the see the numbers they are looking for not be a better idea? Then you get what I am sure would be close to instant results, instead of waiting 5.5 hours or longer for them, if you were to see the servers are low tonight, knowing that you have a HUGE pool of people waiting to get in, why not send them invites once the east coast peak hits? that would allow a faster push of waves and quicker results of what will happen when you throw a large number of players in all at once. (Fact: this is going to be what happens on the 20th) I am sure they (the sys admins) would put the information to better use than waiting all day for something that may or may not happen.

Also I am willing to bet that everyone that could have a chance at playing would rather wait in a que of a few mins to an hour over 2-5 days before they see the launch ques on the 20th.