I really wanted this to be the first MMO....

Joshwake

telling me i havent played a mmo with good combat responsiveness and your first MMO and only is WoW ? ROFL i have played EVERY mmo since EQ so yeah..

I've never understood statements like this. Do people think it's a good idea to identify themselves as the churn then say "everything's fine" when another player who identifies himself as a long term customer has issues they'd like to see addressed? They'd be wrong.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, no actually. Their combat was fluid from day one. Also, when you entered WoW.. you felt and KNEW you were a part of something special.

There's nothing but boringness in this game. Complete and utter wrong design choices with everything, right down to the waste-of-time (and money!) voice-acting.

That part made laugh. There was nothing "special" about the introduction into WoW. It went like this:

Game Start: You are (Class name here). You fight for (Faction name here).

Endgame: You fought well. Good job.

<The End.>

That part made laugh. There was nothing "special" about the introduction into WoW. It went like this:

Game Start: You are (Class name here). You fight for (Faction name here).

Endgame: You fought well. Go outside now.

Expansion: Collect 200 pig droppings

<The End.>

I fixed that for you.

Yes, and casting spells that never go off with my character LALALALA'ing is missing this crutch alla auto attack?

Fair enough, I usually play melee classes in MMO's so my perspective is skewed a bit. Just seems like a lot of the people complaining are the melee classes, just have a look at the whining in the JK forums.

Don't get me wrong, I agree there is aproblem in this game, but a lot of the reason melee did big damage in wow was cause of auto attack and the procs from that. My rogue was sitting at near 50% of total damage from auto attack and poison procs from auto, which to me is silly.

#1) when WoW came out there was no "Battlegrounds"

#2) If you were wanting a game that is flawless and has six+years of worked out bugs this is not the game for you.

#3) If all you are saying is you want to PvP then get a First Person Shooter and/or an X-Box and play several of them.

Give BioWare a break. This is an awesome concept, a great release and they need some time to work out the kinks. If you cannot look at the start of any, i do mean ANY, video game there is always an update.

(Hell there is an update for printers for their software that you should download even if you order it on the same day of release.)

If you want the bugs to be worked out when you start playing a game, buy it months after release.

But just like any human, you want it now, you want everything given to you, you want it YOUR idea of perfect, and having it yesterday is just not fast enough.

SWTOR is a great game, i am really enjoying playing it(even with the current bugs) and you know what i like the most about this game, IT IS NOT EASY! NOTHING IS GIVEN TO YOU! please keep this game hard, keep this game a challenge and keep this game as is. do not cater to the whiny trolls that have killed every other MMO out there.

combat is not clunky for me. maybe its your pc or ISP?

This is like a bads-indicator, really. Really bad players can't tell the SWTOR responsiveness is bad. Meanwhile, better players know it and Bioware has acknowledged that it's an issue they're trying to solve.

combat is not clunky for me. maybe its your pc or ISP?

I think he just wants spamming ability!

That seems to be the issue at play with the so called Ability delay, fact you cant spam actions and have to time stuff.

Combats not clunky for me either!

I did get a laugh at his jumping around comment.

While I refused to play WOW Ive seen the videos and what not on UTube with the "players" jumping around like their behinds ablaze and it was such a problem in Rift they had to make a patch specifically to stop the jumping through people exploit that was carried over from WOW by its player base.

LOL, so for someone from WOW to complain about jumping in TOR?

What next?

Someone from SWG complaining you get to ride speeder in a Star Wars game?

I mean come on! LOL

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1483590#edit1483590

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=141027

So I guess the official response acknowledging that everyone is having delay issues means that they'll be looking into our ISPs and computers and that you're the only person not having them.

Edited by Mackuss

Honestly, I haven't noticed any horrible ability delays. Yes, the combat is slower paced than some MMOs but I don't automatically count that as a negative... just like I prefer slower paced shooters like BF3 to Quake style twitchfests I prefer (somewhat) slower paced combat in MMOs. Basically, I like combat that is decided by who uses the best strategy and tactics, not who can click / press buttons faster or who has the best macros. I do notice a bit of delay at times, but it's certainly well under a second and the only time I ever have an ability fail to fire is when I get stunned / interrupted / etc... or the target gets out of my firing arc during charge-up. Maybe it's a PvP specific problem (I haven't tried warzones yet), or a high level problem (my highest character is 30) or maybe it's different for some people than others, but while I wouldn't call the combat all that responsive I wouldn't call it horribly sluggish either. Certainly if abilities are misfiring that's a significant problem, it is just one I have yet to personally experience. (I mainly play Troopers, Bounty Hunters, and Conuslars but I've tried everything but a Smuggler for at least a bit.)

Incidentally, the most responsive MMO I've played is Dark Age of Camelot. But then that game had to be, since most melee classes had a strong reliance on positional attacks. This game has very few positionals that I've seen so it can be a little more clunky without really ruining things, at least for those of us who do not like gameplay that relies heavily on twitch skills.

It has nothing to do with autoattack.

Stop lying, I play a mage and a good 30% of my damage is auto-attack

Did i mention that I am against mods, recount damage meters and combat logs?

Dont want people to know about my secret desire to be a battle mage.