Screwed out of 3rd Crew Skill?

EvanSnowWolf

I've had two characters for a while now, a main and an alt... that have that odd fourth crew skill. I didn't mind. My Guardian thought she had Underworld Trading and my Trooper thought he had Slicing. This was mostly harmless.

Only now I made a Sentinel, and after learning Biochem and Bioanalysis, the game thinks I have Slicing. This is not the real Slicing. It does not function at all, and worse... it will not let me unlearn it.

I would not care if this was just an idle thing like my other characters, but now the game thinks I have three skills and will NOT let me learn Diplomacy!

Is there a fix to this bug?

Like, log out and back in again? I've had this problem for weeks. I've logged in and out a hundred times. :eek:

Simply log out and log the same character back in, or do a complete exit and relog. Always fixed my characters.

But anyway it will be fixed tuesday, it's in the Game Update 1.1 patch notes.

Edited by Rhaphael

Zoning also seems to work. When I log between alts I always have 4 crew skills. When I zone in or out of my ship to go somewhere it always goes back to the normal 3 you'd expect.

I mean actual loading screen zoning, not just a black screen.

I've had two characters for a while now, a main and an alt... that have that odd fourth crew skill. I didn't mind. My Guardian thought she had Underworld Trading and my Trooper thought he had Slicing. This was mostly harmless.

Only now I made a Sentinel, and after learning Biochem and Bioanalysis, the game thinks I have Slicing. This is not the real Slicing. It does not function at all, and worse... it will not let me unlearn it.

Swap to the character that has slicing (Guardian I think I decoded from that) and collect any outstanding mission rewards, then DON'T send the companions back out again.

Now change to your other characters that don't have slicing and it should be gone from the list letting you pick up that 3rd skill you want.

Companions out on missions is what always causes temporary crew skills to be added to my list anyway.

Gathering skills are the worst as I get extra resources node markers on the minimap that I cant then gather.