It's time for blanket silences in pvp

Dahools

There are a million ways to CC melee but only stuns reeally shut down range. It's time for jedi melee to get silences that stop all casting or "pull gun with the force to them" to stop all shooting.

To be in-line with other rediculous low-cooldown CC's, might I suggest a 20 second cooldown with a 30M range lasting for 5 seconds. Let's put in some hard counters to tracer and lightning spam, similar to what melee endure with knockbacks and the endless amount of roots.

As soon as their charge gets nerf'd so they cant jump up walls and ledges they can have a silence.

Oh and they have interrupts.....use em.

Oh you mean those interrupts that have a 4M range? Good point chief...make all interrupts now 30M range

There are a million ways to CC melee but only stuns reeally shut down range. It's time for jedi melee to get silences that stop all casting or "pull gun with the force to them" to stop all shooting.

To be in-line with other rediculous low-cooldown CC's, might I suggest a 20 second cooldown with a 30M range lasting for 5 seconds. Let's put in some hard counters to tracer and lightning spam, similar to what melee endure with knockbacks and the endless amount of roots.

A 5 second blanket silence with a 20 second cd? Are you serious? That would be stupidly overpowered.

Learn to use line of sight to your advantage. I don't think it's necessarily right to disadvantage casters because one person can't figure out how or when to fight them.

LOS? while rooted half the time? Give me a break. Why do all these classes need knockbacks ...Why don't they just LOS my force charge? Oh wait ...you need that right?

A 5 second blanket silence with a 20 second cd? Are you serious? That would be stupidly overpowered.

So you're saying a 20 second cooldown knockback with a 5 second root is A ok?

Edited by Dahools

Interrupts need to lock out every ability in that school, not just the ability that was interrupted. Add some skill to casters by teaching them how to juke and get someone to waste their interrupt.

3-4 second lockout on every ability of the type that was casted would suffice. This would discourage people from trying to just tank a melee, especially if guard is on them which makes a healer not a desirable target. But don't get me started on guard in it's current state.

Edited by Kricys

As soon as their charge gets nerf'd so they cant jump up walls and ledges they can have a silence.

Oh and they have interrupts.....use em.

You mean the 4m interrupts that ONLY block the spell that was being used at the time so you can simply just switch to another spell and ONLY for 4 seconds. THOSE interrupts? Sorry, I forgot how OP they were.

So you're saying a 20 second cooldown knockback with a 5 second root is A ok?

A. It's 30 seconds and breaks on any damage... And considering sorcerers are a dot class that means it's not going to last 5 seconds.

B. It's deep in the sorcerer's lightning tree, which is awful for pvp, pretty much everyone plays as madness.

Edited by Aidank

On a serious note, I do think a three second 30M range silence on a 60 second cooldown would be fair to sith warriors and jedi knights. If we're stuck in a Root there is zero we can past 10M. This ability would allowq us to at least have a counter to range for a brief moment while we sit in CC. Hell i'd be in favor of it having a minimum 10M range.

You know what just attach that 3 second silence to our saber throw. Done

On a serious note, I do think a three second 30M range silence on a 60 second cooldown would be fair to sith warriors and jedi knights. If we're stuck in a Root there is zero we can past 10M. This ability would allowq us to at least have a counter to range for a brief moment while we sit in CC. Hell i'd be in favor of it having a minimum 10M range.

You know what just attach that 3 second silence to our saber throw. Done

No, that is not necessary. Making all current interrupts lock out the entire school of the ability that was casted for 3-4 seconds would suffice. Casters wouldn't attempt face tanking melee and free casting all the time. Juking would be necessary. Casters would require some skill.

A. It's 30 seconds and breaks on any damage... And considering sorcerers are a dot class that means it's not going to last 5 seconds.

B. It's deep in the sorcerer's lightning tree, which is awful for pvp, pretty much everyone plays as madness.

Try again . It's 20 sec cooldown and it roots for 5 seconds. The first 2 seconds are unbreakable. And when a jedi comes flying in from 30M, there's a decent chance he's got zero Dots on him. It's still a rediculous cooldown.

oh yeah? while we are buffing classes lets give bh some mobility, we can eliminate the activation time on tracer so we can actually move around a bit and stand a chance against melee. we can also give them a 30m slow with a 4 sec cd. oh and how about a shield with a 20 sec cd and an in combat speed boost! sounds fun ya?

It would be sufficient if those lightning spamming inquisitards would actually run out of force, like any other class in game.

They actually run out fairly quickly. They just don't live long enough to do so most of the time.

Try again . It's 20 sec cooldown and it roots for 5 seconds. The first 2 seconds are unbreakable. And when a jedi comes flying in from 30M, there's a decent chance he's got zero Dots on him. It's still a rediculous cooldown.

It's only 20 seconds if you pick up the talent in the MADNESS tree, while the root is in the LIGHTNING tree.

Unless you're making some stupid low-damage hybrid build just so you can root people with a 20 second cooldown it's going to be 30 seconds.

No, that is not necessary. Making all current interrupts lock out the entire school of the ability that was casted for 3-4 seconds would suffice. Casters wouldn't attempt face tanking melee and free casting all the time. Juking would be necessary. Casters would require some skill.

I agree locking out a whole "school" is really desireable since currently there really is no penalty to being interrupted, there needs to be some kind of anti-range to combat the plethera of anti-melee. Unlike bioware I suggest putting it on an acceptable cooldown, let's say one minute.

Anything to buy another couple of seconds to finish a fight just as a lighting spammer shows up and starts blasting away, while you're one on one with another toon.

LOS? Where, Huttball? Voidstar? lol - Alderaan is about the only one you can do it. Sort of.

Maybe if you're off dickin around level 10's, but if you're actaully doing the games objectives there really isn't anywhere to LOS

I agree locking out a whole "school" is really desireable since currently there really is no penalty to being interrupted, there needs to be some kind of anti-range to combat the plethera of anti-melee. Unlike bioware I suggest putting it on an acceptable cooldown, let's say one minute.

Anything to buy another couple of seconds to finish a fight just as a lighting spammer shows up and starts blasting away, while you're one on one with another toon.

My classes mobility is perfect for me right now. Wouldn't change a thing. I have zero issues with uptime on a target as long as I position myself properly. I'm rage tho so I have a 10m snare, my charge and a baby charge with a 10m range.

It's only 20 seconds if you pick up the talent in the MADNESS tree, while the root is in the LIGHTNING tree.

Unless you're making some stupid low-damage hybrid build just so you can root people with a 20 second cooldown it's going to be 30 seconds.

Listen man I don't know how to break it to you but I just checked the tooltip on my baby sage ( level 12 ) he has 3 talent points, it's a 20 sec cooldown. The talent just talents the root. It's ok to admit you're wrong and it's a ridiculously low cooldown. 30 sec is still absurd.

Knockbacks are fine if you position yourself properly. The real issue with them is they only give 1/4 of a resolve bar. I'd much rather they give half.

If there's numerous classes with knockbacks around you it's like being a pinball for a few seconds.

LOS? Where, Huttball? Voidstar? lol - Alderaan is about the only one you can do it. Sort of.

Maybe if you're off dickin around level 10's, but if you're actaully doing the games objectives there really isn't anywhere to LOS

I don't normally do this, but...

L2P. There's plenty of means to break LoS on all the maps. Yes, the actual objectives are exposed, but that is an intended design so that they are not easily taken. Every objective except the goal line of huttball has a means of breaking LoS within 15m.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.