Bioware is killing pvp on voss in 1.1!

-Fenix

Voss Authorities would be less inclined to get involved between a Sith and somebody else for the simple fact that the Sith would probably eat them alive. What would a non-force using race do against an evil force user?that.

That's a very short-sighted assumption. Neither Sith nor Jedi are invincible and they die quite often from a hand of non-force users.

The point is that first of all it's a political game. Sith empire doesn't want to start a new war (at least not yet) as it's very resource-exhaustin. It's more reasonable to outplay republic and gain support of the planet's natives instead of spending countless resources to try and take it by force. Besides, attacking republic in open could be considered as breaking the treaty of Coruscant.

Edited by kudesnik

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad as we had some fun on Voss. I really enjoyed leveling there as I had to keep my head on a swivel to watch for incoming hostiles in the city.

A few days ago we locked down the imperal load in area on Voss after a few d-bags decided to try and clone camp 2 of our guild members and talking shlt. We brought all 20 we had online and clone camped them for a few hours until they logged. Needless to say they have not attempted to camp our lowbies questing since.

There is no death penalty ladies just saying. If you do not like pvp what the fk are you doing on a pvp server.

Actually there's little to no open-world PvP right now, even in prime-time as there's no motivation, no rewards, nothing to attack or defend. Besides Ilum there's no PvP zones with objectives (like in Warhammer).

Even Rift's open-world PvP is more fun, where you can take over quest hubs and cities, wiping everyone in there including NPCs. I'm not fond of Rift (not my game), but it feels more massive, more 'MMO'. It encourages players to join in groups because if you don't fight invasions they'll consume everything. A whole army of players can gather for defence in no time. Players are carefully guided and the action is well orchestrated.

TOR is more into solo PvE then anything else. Yes, lvl50's camp crossroads from time to time, gank lowbies (guess because they have nothing else to do), but other players try to avoid confrontation and mind their own busyness, even on Voss. BTW, Voss was the first planet where I got to talk to opposing faction. Before that I didn't even know we could communicate. I like PvP (spent 5 years playing WAR), but in TOR interesting open-world fights are as rare as hen's teeth.

Edited by kudesnik

• 10 months later...