Make charge horizontal only....

jonglynn

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's pretty hilarious how bad people can be. I just grab the ball each time with defensive cd's ready. Stand at the bottom and wait for some genius to come running out of the spawn and take a peek at me. People don't learn, I've sometimes charged the same person 3-4 times a game to score.

You realize how large the pit area is right? just go to the side that the charger isn't waiting on and drop down to engage him its not like you only have a 2x2 tunnel that you can walk down. Even better you can LOS him while running up the center bridge and drop down off the top of it to get into the middle of the pit behind the charger.

Way to completely dodge the point.

Other tanks, vanguards / powertechs for instance are fine because to score the ball they need to wait for quite a while with the entire other team attacking them. This is balanced, this means you need a strong offense defending him, and strong healers healing him.

A juggernaut can just go through the pit and avoid that entirely, meaning you don't need a strong offense or healers defending him, generally he'll be able to score solo. which is what makes it broken.

Have you even played a tank? Powertechs and Vanguards have a charge skill of our own if we go Tank spec so we can do the same thing.

Edited by Kalaesk

Melee already seem to have a hard enough time, now you want to take their best feature away?

Ranged classes don't like melee being useful. They're too used to dominating in other games whenever they have a terrain advantage.

Way to completely dodge the point.

Other tanks, vanguards / powertechs for instance are fine because to score the ball they need to wait for quite a while with the entire other team attacking them. This is balanced, this means you need a strong offense defending him, and strong healers healing him.

A juggernaut can just go through the pit and avoid that entirely, meaning you don't need a strong offense or healers defending him, generally he'll be able to score solo. which is what makes it broken.

Only in case some idiot stands at the edge of the pit in which case it's completely fair obviously and he deserves to lose. Don't see how is this any different than pushing or pulling the ball carrier towards the goal :sul_grin:

EDIT: And yeah what someone said, vanguards/powertechs have charge as well.

Edited by Daex

It's pretty hilarious how bad people can be. I just grab the ball each time with defensive cd's ready. Stand at the bottom and wait for some genius to come running out of the spawn and take a peek at me. People don't learn, I've sometimes charged the same person 3-4 times a game to score.

Wait, you're bad for leaving the spawning zone?

Yes, let's nerf charge. Let's also nerf knockbacks, so they can't knock us off bridges, or into fire and acid, and lets nerf sorc pulls, I mean its really OP that they can pull people to safety, right? And we can nerf merc pulls too, I hate getting pulled into an acid pit then stunned. In fact I think they should just replace the entire Huttball senario and just put in a Pong style minigame, that sounds even and skill based, and very fun.

Charge is game breaking in PVP. You get knocked off by a team and you can just get right back up, past any obstacles. It's OP in huttball, basically the team with the most charges will win.

Just make it horizontal only.....or give it to all classes/specs.

So, you just want to be able to one-shot every Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior you come across with a single knockback, huh?

You have got to be trolling.

Agreed. Also reduce the damage of the warrior classes. They should do less damage than ranged classes even in melee range due to their armor. :eek:

ok well hey since ur a bh and use heavy armor lets nerf your damage too. In fact lets nerf u more then warriors, because marauders dont get heavy armor like you.

PT only gets Jet Charge if they go deep into the Shield Tech tree, which isn't exactly the best tree to go down for PvP.

We were talking about tanks as ball carriers. Clearly Powertech tank is capable of charging for purpose of this discussion.

warriors / knights are A. incredible survivable, and B. can completely bypass this. This makes them broken as ball carriers. Our general strategy now is just to have a juggernaut hanging out in the other teams pit, and we just pass to him and pretty much every time he scores within 15 seconds... it's game-breaking.

edit: You need to pass through the area to get out of the spawn... how do you guys propose you avoid that? That's retarded

now? juggernaut/guardian ball carrier is the standard, powertech is ok but not as good (as intercede is another jump they have), but then powertechs are the best defenders as grapple root + shoulder charge root + electro dart is win.

As for stopping a ball carrier, in an organised team, a sniper will be used perched in the top middle because (and this is really important) can't be charged to when in cover

The real issue is that charge means if anyone is on the goal ledge, ally (pass the ball!) or enemy (charge), you score. It's pretty hard for the opposing to keep the ledge clear without moving onto it themselves. Edited by Kholvan

We were talking about tanks as ball carriers. Clearly Powertech tank is capable of charging for purpose of this discussion.

Sorry, I didn't know about this... seeing as there's only one powertech in my rather large guild and probably 3 at 50 on my server that actually pvp, none of whom are shield tech, I have never seen one charge.

But I would also agree that their charge is broken if it can be used the same way.

Ranged classes don't like melee being useful. They're too used to dominating in other games whenever they have a terrain advantage.

Here's another thing, I almost never see this get used well except in very coordinated premades. And isn't there one where a friend can pull a teammate to them, too? Either way, if it was so great, I think it would happen a lot more often than it does.

Edited by maradigamer

Here's another thing, I almost never see this get used well except in very coordinated premades. And isn't there one where a friend can pull a teammate to them, too? Either way, if it was so great, I think it would happen a lot more often than it does.

Play on a server that isn't full of idiots. Even my backwater RP realm has this in Every. Single. Huttball.

Every match is won by charge.

sorcerer extricate, it wins many many huttball games, perhaps more than charge with good players because it's much harder to stop.

My Powertech can strike hella deep in Huttball.

1. Rush the ball in the center.

2. Run over the acid, my hp is so high I won't feel it much and if I get CC'd use breaker.

3. Have Sorc bud yank me up top.

4. Get past second fire pit with either walking over or charging past.

5. Walk down ramp into goal.

Thing is if I get knockbacked or pulled at any point it will destroy that plan, jet charge just lets me recover from that since otherwise its a long walk that I will not survive to get back to the bridges.

My Powertech can strike hella deep in Huttball.

1. Rush the ball in the center.

2. Run over the acid, my hp is so high I won't feel it much and if I get CC'd use breaker.

3. Have Sorc bud yank me up top.

4. Get past second fire pit with either walking over or charging past.

5. Walk down ramp into goal.

Thing is if I get knockbacked or pulled at any point it will destroy that plan, jet charge just lets me recover from that since otherwise its a long walk that I will not survive to get back to the bridges.

Or you run into the pit and charge some guy coming out of the spawn zone?

Play on a server that isn't full of idiots. Even my backwater RP realm has this in Every. Single. Huttball.

Every match is won by charge.

You gotta admit though, standing on the edge of the pit in front of your own goal is REALLY stupid if opponent has the ball carrier in the pit. Because only 2 meter behind, you can't be charged from the pit.

Honestly you could just run over to the opposing team's goal side and stand at the edge of the pit and receive a pass. This is certainly not something you would call exploit.

They surely made that pit and charge for a reason. It's part of the game and I don't think there's any point discussing it really.

Charge is working as intended, scoring would be damn near impossible if my Powertech couldn't leap past a few firepits to get a lead on the enemy, especially with so many classes having pushes/AoE knockbacks/pulls to knock me into the pits.

They are no less cheesy than the jumps and defensive pulls. Which is why it's perfectly fine. They counteract each-other.

Or you run into the pit and charge some guy coming out of the spawn zone?

That plan is far to dependent on the enemy being stupid, I'll take the chance if I see it but I can't count on it since my opponents are usually smart enough to do what I posted earlier and drop down where they are out of charge range.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.