Make charge horizontal only....

jonglynn

Charge is game breaking in PVP. You get knocked off by a team and you can just get right back up, past any obstacles. It's OP in huttball, basically the team with the most charges will win.

Just make it horizontal only.....or give it to all classes/specs.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Or don't be an idiot that gets in the ball carrier's LoS for him to charge to? If you knock him off leave him down there and don't look at him...congratulations, you used your brain, and didn't give him an easy way back up!

Revolutionary. Apparently thinking is asking too much?

Or don't be an idiot that gets in the ball carrier's LoS for him to charge to? If you knock him off leave him down there and don't look at him...congratulations, you used your brain, and didn't give him an easy way back up!

This.

They in your side's pit and you're respawning?

Better stay in the spawn and get AFK booted, else you're giving them a charge target. Don't worry, while you're sitting there waiting for something to happen, their teammates are setting up for a pass anyway.

Edited by Xenthum

Ironic. If you even used an ounce of your brain, you'd realize that you're not the only player on your team. As much as I'd like to, I can only control my character.

So how are you supposed to attack him if he's LOS? Can't shot him if I can't see him. OR should I just let him WALK into the goal?

You are clearly smart..

You either jump down after him, or make him walk all the way back around and attack him at the beginning of the bridges. This buys you time for your team to rez/get prepared. If you're so tunnel visioned as to HAVE to be attacking the ball carrier at all times, even when he's in a position where it would be advantageous for you to wait, and doing so gives the advantage right back to the ball carrier, then the fault is your own.

They in your side's pit and you're respawning?

Better stay in the spawn and get AFK booted, else you're giving them a charge target. Don't worry, while you're sitting there waiting for something to happen, their teammates are setting up for a pass anyway.

You realize if you stand back from the edge of your goal area even a few meters, people in the pit can't charge to you? Be aware of where the ball carrier is and you'll have no problems. You don't have to stay in your spawn or even near the scoring area.

You can even get on the bridge if you want, just pay attention to his location and use the bridge to LoS your approach. It's not rocket science.

Charge is game breaking in PVP. You get knocked off by a team and you can just get right back up, past any obstacles. It's OP in huttball, basically the team with the most charges will win.

Yes bc range just wasn't easy enough of an archetype to play on that map with high vertical catwalks often protected by traps you want to screw with one melee class' only gap closer.

How about instead you stop sitting in a convenient spot for them to force charge to your goal from the pit below. You know that pit you can jump into it as well or back up so they can't see you. If your teammates are to inept to figure this out well should have rolled with a premade otherwise you got no right to complain about your team.

i love doing this on my vanguard. As a pve tank, i have nearly 22k health in pvp gear. I get ball or wait for a pass, then just completely ignore bridges and go to pit, waiting for some retard imp to let me charge up :D, been doing it since launch and they just never learn. Ty for free points

Yep it's super OP and it's so crystal clear that they are nerfing it and surely completely removing it soon.

NOT!

Charge is actually getting BUFFED! UMADBRO???

Are you seriously complaining about one of the only things that makes warriors/jedi knights useful? Please quit whining.

No, we're complaining about what is essentially free points in huttball.

The game is set up around the fire pits being an obstacle, you can't just run as fast as you can into their area and score, you need to wait 10-20 seconds behind fire pits while you get pelted by the defending team.

warriors / knights are A. incredible survivable, and B. can completely bypass this. This makes them broken as ball carriers. Our general strategy now is just to have a juggernaut hanging out in the other teams pit, and we just pass to him and pretty much every time he scores within 15 seconds... it's game-breaking.

edit: You need to pass through the area to get out of the spawn... how do you guys propose you avoid that? That's retarded

Edited by Aidank

OMG! My knock backs on hutt ball are ridiculously OP but they aren't an instant I win button! WHAT MADNESS IS THIS?!!! Are you seriously complaining about melee classes on a map that is DOMINATED by range classes? Wow... LOL!

No, we're complaining about what is essentially free points in huttball.

The game is set up around the fire pits being an obstacle, you can't just run as fast as you can into their area and score, you need to wait 10-20 seconds behind fire pits while you get pelted by the defending team.

warriors / knights are A. incredible survivable, and B. can completely bypass this. This makes them broken as ball carriers. Our general strategy now is just to have a juggernaut hanging out in the other teams pit, and we just pass to him and pretty much every time he scores within 15 seconds... it's game-breaking.

Tanks are broken ball carriers for sure.

We can get knocked back 4 times before full resolve. Get another derpy on your team to use one or have someone yank us back down. Seriously, think a little. If we couldn't use charge to get places we'd be useless. Edited by Kricys

Charge is working as intended, scoring would be damn near impossible if my Powertech couldn't leap past a few firepits to get a lead on the enemy, especially with so many classes having pushes/AoE knockbacks/pulls to knock me into the pits.

edit: You need to pass through the area to get out of the spawn... how do you guys propose you avoid that? That's retarded

This exactly. Dead teammates (inevitable, even with an amazing team unless against idiots) are either A) standing around doing nothing or B) giving them an uncounterable charge target for free points

Working as intended, though, apparently.

Tanks are broken ball carriers for sure.

Way to completely dodge the point.

Other tanks, vanguards / powertechs for instance are fine because to score the ball they need to wait for quite a while with the entire other team attacking them. This is balanced, this means you need a strong offense defending him, and strong healers healing him.

A juggernaut can just go through the pit and avoid that entirely, meaning you don't need a strong offense or healers defending him, generally he'll be able to score solo. which is what makes it broken.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.