Kicking other players in grp instances

Minisis

I was kicked by some people in a grp instance before the last boss. This doesn't sit well with me at all. I may have been stinking a little but at the same time I wasn't the only one dying. The reason why I am posting about this is to make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else. For people who do this, it is completely absurd. People who join the grp want to get it done also as much as you do. Step a little in their shoes. If things aren't working leave yourself if your upset do not target one person because it can't just be them. Another thing, the amount of time to do some of these grp missions is pretty long and to kick them at the end boss or any boss just waste their time. Time that could be spent lvling up. I know I'll probably get flack for posting this, which is fine. I did this to help out the game. This needs to change. We are all people no matter if we are playing a game and we should treat people with the same courteous as we would in real life.

Thank you for reading this and god bless.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've kicked bad players from my groups.

A tank that refused to allow us to regen before the next pull or keep aggro on more than one mob.

A ninja looter that needed on everything.

A DPS that just used their basic attack and autofollowed people (I think someone was trying to dual box without telling us).

I will kick people that do not help the team.

I've both kicked and been kicked from groups

I don't consider myself a noob, but everyone has a bad night occasionally.. for example in this game you could be a bounty hunter healer

However your entire group decides that they feel they should tank the hard mode, sorcs, mercenaries, and everyone else but the tank is getting owned

Trying to heal that as a bounty hunter is going to be damn near impossible due to heat issues, I dont' know about the other healers

could easily make the healer look like he sucks when its everyone else trying to tank it like its a normal.

I wouldn't worry about it, everyone has bad days, and I'm sure its happened to more of us then it hasn't.

I've kicked bad players from my groups.

A tank that refused to allow us to regen before the next pull or keep aggro on more than one mob.

A ninja looter that needed on everything.

A DPS that just used their basic attack and autofollowed people (I think someone was trying to dual box without telling us).

I will kick people that do not help the team.

I've, sadly, had worse.

Healers that think they're tanks and pull mobs and don't heal.

Ninja looter that needed everything for his companion.

And a DPS that just watched everyone do the work.

Insta-kick

I was kicked by some people in a grp instance before the last boss. This doesn't sit well with me at all. I may have been stinking a little but at the same time I wasn't the only one dying. The reason why I am posting about this is to make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else. For people who do this, it is completely absurd. People who join the grp want to get it done also as much as you do. Step a little in their shoes. If things aren't working leave yourself if your upset do not target one person because it can't just be them. Another thing, the amount of time to do some of these grp missions is pretty long and to kick them at the end boss or any boss just waste their time. Time that could be spent lvling up. I know I'll probably get flack for posting this, which is fine. I did this to help out the game. This needs to change. We are all people no matter if we are playing a game and we should treat people with the same courteous as we would in real life.

I know you have only ever played Mario Brothers before this game but the leader of the group can instantly remove you for any reason. He does not need a reason. I assume you were either doing nothing or just really bad.

Sorry you had a bad experience. You might want to brush up on human nature and logic. It is often a strange and contradictory thing.

These guys are people who I'm talking about. I couldn't have been doing nothing if we were on the last boss. Read the post please.

Apparantly you were not performing to the leader's standards. I think that is what you are missing.

I'A tank that refused to allow us to regen before the next pull or keep aggro on more than one mob.

What level range were you at? You do know that tanks are not designed to keep aggro on large groups in the same way as other MMOs out there. He still may have sucked, and of course he should let you regen between pulls, but typically some CC or burn targets are required.

Please give more details:

What class were you playing?

What role were you filling?

What exactly do you mean by "I may have been stinking a little..."?

How many times did you die?

How many times did other people die?

Sorry you had a bad experience. You might want to brush up on human nature and logic. It is often a strange and contradictory thing.

I agree. Human nature is trange and contradictory.

You may or may not have been at fault, regardless of which it was in the group leaders eyes you WERE at fault.

I'm not saying his perception was right OR wrong.. I'm just saying that is what it is....

Then again, he could have just been a jerk.... back to that human nature thing...

Don't let it get to you. PUGs (Pick Up Groups) (ugh.. ) are going to either be good, bad, or mediocre... your going to run into all three.

And yes, i've been there and done that.... bought the cake AND ate it to. Its not fun. But, I deal.

Sorc and we died three times. One time because the leader gave bad instructions. They said I was panicking that is all they said. They couldn't give me specifics.

What role were you? Did they invite you to heal or to DPS? Was the problem you were pulling too many mobs? If that happened, did you use your CC skills to control the extras?

What level range were you at? You do know that tanks are not designed to keep aggro on large groups in the same way as other MMOs out there. He still may have sucked, and of course he should let you regen between pulls, but typically some CC or burn targets are required.

our level range doesn't matter. If the tank was not allowing us to regen before every pull he was bad.

Tanks can take aggro or at least try and take aggro on more than one mob at any level due to their tanking buff and aggro increase. When a tank only concentrates on the first mob and allows the others to kill the healer without even trying to take aggro, the tank is horrible no matter the level.

Healer and no I did not pull and extras nor did they want me to cc.

So you were kicked because you couldn't keep up on healing. Could be your fault, could not be... depends on the circumstances.

How big were the pulls you died on? Was the tank keeping control, or were they all willy-nilly?

I would never remove someone from a group for playing 'poorly.' Everyone plays at a different skill level, and a major component of MMOs is helping players work through content that they themselves cannot complete alone. It is sad, though, that some people would rather kick a player from a group instead of helping him. Such behavior creates a hostile community that thrives on elitism and values statistics over respect for players.