Jedi Consular who has actually leveled?

Kunra

I agree with you, but you can also turn on enemy cast bars to appear above the mob itself. Far more useful.

I would love a system where I can easily monitor my procs. When raiding its nigh impossible to find the PA proc as a tank. You have so many buffs, HoTs etc. that its quite difficult to accurately see when PA is proccing.

It's more useful on my Sage than on my Shadow as I seem to move around a lot and have difficulty "catching" it quickly. You are definitely correct though, it is useful; especially after I turned off "Scale Nameplates with Distance" in Preferences->Nameplates making them not diminutive at high resolutions when not up-close to the Enemy.

Regardless, on difficult fights, I'm much more focused on the Quickslot Bar and Cooldowns than on the center of screen. The option to either move my key Quickslots near the center of screen or the Enemy Cast Bar near my key Quickslots would be even more useful IMHO.

/le sigh

I'll probably just end up reversing the Quick slot bar; moving all my most used Abilities to the right side and then remapping the bar from right to left. A terrible solution as it'll fly in the face of current habits which I use in games besides SWTOR.

Besides, as mentioned, I'm old and re-training long-standing habits makes me grumpy and

... Edited by Slivers

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:(

Sidonie was a good, if somewhat tough, fight. Hardly impossible OP, even for a casual gamer like myself. I made the mistake of letting force storm hit ONCE partially, then either in a force stun or Holiday cast I hit a medpack and pulled up my pants and went back at it. Hate to see it nerfed because I'm pretty happy to have flashed that fight.

I just did both this and Vivicar on my Shadow today. Stomped both of them, and helped a guildie Sage stomp Sidonie(fight was over in about 15 seconds with both me and the lizard).

None of the boss battles in the Consular story up to this point have been hard at all. The JK has hard bosses. LOL

I didn't realize sidonie was such a tough fight.. Have they already reduced the difficulty level for her?

I have been levelling solo and very casually and must have had my encounter with her at 34-35 (I am going to be 40 now) and as a full TK spec sage, I didn't even realize she was any different than other bosses. I have had tougher issues with the sith apprentice champ in nar shadda bonus area than sidonie!

Ya, interrupt and get out of area effects and you should be fine for any boss fights.

I didn't realize sidonie was such a tough fight.. Have they already reduced the difficulty level for her?

I have been levelling solo and very casually and must have had my encounter with her at 34-35 (I am going to be 40 now) and as a full TK spec sage, I didn't even realize she was any different than other bosses. I have had tougher issues with the sith apprentice champ in nar shadda bonus area than sidonie!

Ya, interrupt and get out of area effects and you should be fine for any boss fights.

For me the most difficult fight was the damned imp surgeon on Nar Shaddaa.

>roll fast-twitch stealthy/skilly class

>complain about having to use skills to be successful

>reroll fotm caster hero

>complain about having to use skills to be successful

Next post will be asking for a 'Narrative' difficulty for roleplayers. Who quits a character because you can't beat some story boss? You stop, figure out what you are doing wrong and overcome.

Level 50 shadow here. For the Vivicar fight note the layout of the room. Breaking line of sight due to the pillars? That's not "cheating," that's intentional. The canisters of frozen carbonite around the room? Use those too.

The one thing that *does* annoy me though is they didn't pay nearly as much attention in the future fights. There's no more clever room design and no more "strategic" containers. I understand it was an end of the chapter boss fight, but there are some worse fights later on where I expected to see some goodies to make the fight more interesting.

Stark? You start in combat with an elite and two strongs - died within 15 seconds. Note though, it was because I was a dumb shadow. A smart shadow would have instantly disappeared and broken combat. I however tried to just take it on. The proper way to do the fight is to mind maze the elite, kill the strongs, then finish off the big guy. As a sage you can just crowd control two of them right off the bat.

Really the only difficult solo fights I faced up to max level was Stark and the guy at the end of the Illum storyline, but all of them I managed to do solo after changing up my strategy a bit. All the rest simply required interrupting their hard hitting abilities and staying out of hurty stuff on the ground.

Note for sages / shadows - if you are using one of our two tank companions make sure you turn off their aoe attack abilities if you are trying to control the enemies. These are the abilities that hit multiple enemies at once - otherwise they will constantly break your force lift, mind maze, or any other control abilities. Practice safe companion use.

Stark? You start in combat with an elite and two strongs - died within 15 seconds. Note though, it was because I was a dumb shadow. A smart shadow would have instantly disappeared and broken combat. I however tried to just take it on.

That doesn't necessarily work either. Since you're in combat immediately at dialog end you have to force cloak. And they can pop you out of stealth though it's not as likely as regular stealth. Just did that fight yesterday and had exactly that happen. Died went back to the med center, repaired came in stealth and mind mazed him took the other mobs down one at a time.

Struggling with pure kinetic and pure infiltration shadow, after level 25 I started to build towards kinetic/balanced 25/0/16 hybrid. I fought Sidonie and Vivicar at level 33 and, with Tharan, I had absolutely no problem with killing them. They were easy and my health never went below 75%.

I think your spec/companion has a major influence on your strategy per boss. At stark i just kept LoSing him while projecting and interrupting his heals. (he is a major pain though...)

Sidonie as a tank i had major issues. Called in a friend.

Rest of the bosses i had no problems with my level 40 pvp set geared Theran :D

But im guessing that DPS specs have the most issues since they lack Survivability by not having a tank or a heale rin the 2 man setup.

• 1 month later...
You just described a Bug.

If yuor Companion goes down in 10 Seconds, you go down quicker. The fact that you describe "soloing" him at that point, means there is an Exploit with terrain that wa unintened.

Anything, other then a World Boss 1 hitting, no matter whether that 1 hit cn be interrupted is just stupid and wrong.

My friend did this on her shadow. She had a problem the first time as she wasn't expecting his one shot but after that she was able to do it and she was a level under him.

Like everyone says use your interrupts. When you first enter the room and target him and get close enough to fight him then as soon as the fight starts interrupt and watch him. You should have more than one interrupt at that level.

Space them out and use them at different intervels.

And from what I understand the fights will get tougher as you gain in levels, they are suppose to.

It's not stupid or wrong, it is what is called challenging.

I am not sure where the issues are that anyone has been experiencing with the Consular, either as Shadow or Sage. I currently have a Sage that is level 47 and up to now have handled each boss fight without a hitch.

The biggest part is ensuring that your companion is geared up to level and keeping your interrupts up. As a Consular you have 3 by level 30 and just have to make sure to cycle through them while keeping your companion alive.

I did this first try with my infilt shadow, I was 33 I think. I didn't even know he had a one shot ability, I just popped my heroic cooldown and used my 2 stuns and interrupt on all his casts longer than one sec.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.