The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Jedi Consular who has actually leveled?

Kunra

I had a Consular Shadow that couldnt beat Sidonie Garen on Alderon. Game ends for that character.

I leveled a Consular Sage(even more powerful), beat Sidonie in first fight. Finished up all quest on Alderon.

Only 1 quest in queue.

Vivicar. I am level 32, he is level 34 Gold and has a Specil that 1 shots, both me and my companion.

Wth?

Edited by Kunra

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't had much of a problem leveling my Shadow. I'm level 32, just beat Vivicar, though it was extremely difficult encounter getting thru all the mobs on his ship.

When solo I play with Oyzen as my companion for most encounters and am full Balanced in my tree up to now.

Though I must admit, I'm still trying to find my role in groups.

I think you can group for quests if you need help.

While that would help in most situations, if I could find Help(im on a low pop server), Vivicar 1 shotted me dead from 95% health to...dead, in 1 hit. He jumps up and dwon with his Lightsaber...dead.

Theres these things called interrups... use them

10 seconds and both my Companion and myself were dead. At what point should I have done an Interrupt? 2 seconds? 5 seconds?

He did 2 Specials within 10 seconds and fight was over.

10 seconds and both my Companion and myself were dead. At what point should I have done an Interrupt? 2 seconds? 5 seconds?

He did 2 Specials within 10 seconds and fight was over.

If the special is the one with a long cast time, use your interrupt. That one special WILL one shot you and your companion no matter what.

you might wanna try accepting peopls help, there are alot of level 50 consulars out there, this is not broken, not OP your just doing it wrong, i would understand if all the levlel 50 consulars leveld without questing, but they didnt

Allrighty, you have 2 interupts you should use on this fight.

First is your Mind Snap, use it the first time he tries Force Crush, this will lock him out of the ability for a while. Then after a while he will try again. At this point use Force Stun. After gets out of Force Stun he will attempt his 1 shot kill again, when he does Mind Snap will be off of CD and you will lock him out again.

By then he should be dead. I 1 shotted him as TK spec. Just used all CD's and pulvarized him while rotating Stun and Snap. He barely broke through my lizards shield.

If the special is the one with a long cast time, use your interrupt. That one special WILL one shot you and your companion no matter what.

I cant even see what he is "casting" because my companion is in the way. That aside, its a Profession specific quest, you accept this as the norm?

Nothing, that requires advancement should be able to 1 shot you, peroid. Its stupid.

I have enough problems getting Specials to work when I hit the button, time wise, but to be 1 shotted? Screw that.

I cant even see what he is "casting" because my companion is in the way. That aside, its a Profession specific quest, you accept this as the norm?

Nothing, that requires advancement should be able to 1 shot you, peroid. Its stupid.

I have enough problems getting Specials to work when I hit the button, time wise, but to be 1 shotted? Screw that.

Target him, and watch his cast bar when it appears above his frame. And its not stupid if you have perfect counters for it. Its the end of Act 1, he SHOULD be able to 1 shot you. You can also move around so your companion isnt right in front of you ya know.

Also, not profession, class. Lord Vivicar is for Consulars.

*sniff sniff*

Ewww..

Yep smells like troll.

I started laughing when I read you couldn't see him casting because your companion was in the way.

+1 Internets to you sir if you're trolling. Otherwise, lol.

You can press alt+f while targeting him and he will become your focus target, which should let you see his cast bar at all times. I assume that, being a Sage, you are targeting your companion from time to time for heals? If so, this lts you know when to switch and interrupt.

If you aren't targeting your companion, it's still a useful tactic. Just remember to look for the cast bar above his health bar that says Force Crush.

I actually had to delay beating Sidonie and go level some more, since she was 3-shotting my tank companion (who wouldn't move out of that AOE thingie she does).

I get to Viv's ship eventually, and the mobs before him were doing short work of me and my companion. Really hard fights. Then when I finally get to him I was expecting to be slaughtered in seconds. Instead, my tank companion finishes the fight with like 75% health left. I think I had to interrupt a grand total of one time during that final fight -- I was half-expecting to have to fight him a second time or something. It was an easier fight than some elite mobs...

I think the difficulty of some bosses and elite mobs are a bit out of whack for some classes.

Edited by Goshnye

Oh no a challenge! REPORT IT AND SAY IT'S OP!!!! NOT A SINGLE CONSULAR IS HIGHER THAN LEVEL 30!!!

Please, use interrupts, it works like magic. Listen to the help on this thread. If that fails, group up with another class to help you out.

I would respond in an apropriate manner, but I get in trouble when I respond to folks like you that way...