I think wow did story better myself.

Teladis

I see a lot of people hating wow here and praising this game, even though the game classes are a copy of wows, but I'm going to point say this. Wows wrath and Cata told a story just as well without spending huge amount of money on voice acting.

Some of the quests in wow pulled you in, and when they came up with phase zones. "imo one of the coolest ideas to date" It was like pure magic.

Mind you when we all got to Out land it went bleh for awhile, I found wow story quest better.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

WoW had a story? I played for three years and never read a single page of quest text.

____ hates Azeroth so ____ tries to destroy Azeroth, heroes kill ____. Rinse, repeat, release 3 expansions.

Edited by bassfu

WoW is a sinking ship, we all know this right?

They are losing subscriptions faster than they can gain. Their own community revolts every time there is a patch because they are full of bugs.

You can only be the king of the hill for so long. Like ancient Rome, WOW is done.

I see a lot of people hating wow here and praising this game, even though the game classes are a copy of wows, but I'm going to point say this. Wows wrath and Cata told a story just as well without spending huge amount of money on voice acting.

Some of the quests in wow pulled you in, and when they came up with phase zones. "imo one of the coolest ideas to date" It was like pure magic.

Mind you when we all got to Out land it went bleh for awhile, I found wow story quest better.

I totally agree My bounty Hunter is exactly like my...... oh .... wait.

I think wow did story better myself.

WoW: See Spot run, run spot run.

SW:TOR: Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal....

Sure, yabetcha... :rolleyes:

Edited by Daeborn

They are losing subscriptions faster than they can gain. Their own community revolts every time there is a patch because they are full of bugs.

You can only be the king of the hill for so long. Like ancient Rome, WOW is done.

I've played WoW for a long time, but I don't prefer the themepark nature of the game and think they've made future MMO's more casual and lazy....

That being said, talking about WoW hemmorhaging numbers isn't a slam to Blizzard. You can't expect to keep 10mil subs 8 years after it came out.

Are you kidding me? WoW's story sucks. Yes there was some cool characters in the story but the actual telling of that story within the game was some amateur level writing(and a lot of the voice acting sucked).

I blame Christ Metzen for this since really, the story is his baby and hes gotta get his terrible voice acting and writing skills all over it. Especially in Cata. Do you know he voices Thrall, Deathwing, and Nefarion and pretty much every Orc in the series?

Edited by Kabloosh

Wow is still going strong and far from dying, sure they are not as big as they was before. However, saying they are dying when they have the most players out of all the mmos is a weak point.

Once the free month is up here, they will have more here as well.

Are you kidding me? WoW's story sucks. Yes there was some cool characters in the story but the actual telling of that story within the game was some amateur level writing(and a lot of the voice acting sucked).

I blame Christ Metzen for this since really, the story is his baby and hes gotta get his terrible voice acting and writing skills all over it. Especially in Cata. Do you know he voices Thrall, Deathwing, and Nefarion and pretty much every Orc in the series?

He's, well you know, trolling.

Too bad the fairy and orc fantasy setting is old and needs to die out.

I'd say Star Wars is just another high fantasy setting with the force instead of magic, spaceships instead of boats and horses and wagons, lightsabers instead of swords, wookies instead of dwarves, blaster rifles instead of bows and arrows and crossbows, etc.

I've never seen Star Wars as being even remotely science fiction. There's no science in the Franchise.