Can Pyrotech match Arsenal's damage output?

awesomeuno

I think once people hear the Turret of Tracer Missiles people start looking around for me. Perhaps it's the noise but imo people start hearing Tracer and don't want the debuff, so I will soon have a few PvP people coming after me. Pyro seems to be more free flowing with instants. My job as a merc though is to try an turret first. As most of my specials have me standing still. I think I have three that allow me to keep running but one of them requires me to tracer them first (Rail Shot) unless he is stunned already.

The way it goes for me at least. Do I just want to stand there and turret not really but I will do what I need to do. If I can debuff everybody and help the team you bet I will just stand there pop my shield and let the missiles go down range.

Pyro's seem to always be running around seems like a lot more fun but I do fine as a turret.

Edited by jackalious

Sadly, not only the burst is bad. The dmg is somewhere at 60-70% if arsenal is your 100%.

Its much more interesting to play pyro, you can kite some imba operative critters across the map. But you cant really kill them at the second round around the map.

The dmg is really bad, so sadly they force us to spam stupid rockets.

You can play pyro, but you are much more effective with brain-afk rockets.

My problem with pyro in pvp is that there is very little burst, you can sometimes get a lot when railshot resets but thats to random.

I think pyro needs a healing debuff tbh.

Pyro still has reasonable burst, thermal detonator -> power shot -> rail shot is around 7k-10k damage depending on crits and with relics / adrenal / overcharge it can get upwards of 13-14k, the best part of this combo is that all 3 abilities will do damage at the exact same time if you chain them right after eachother.

I play Pyro in PVE (I don't PVP). I just hit level 20 and so far it's been fun. I tried Arsenal but found it boring. If I'm not having fun I'm not playing the game so I made the switch for that reason alone.

Seemed weird to me to have a dual-blaster-wielding BH shoot missiles and never use his guns. Silly design by the devs to force that.

I personally think that Pyro puts out alot more DPS than Arsenal, but I am only basing that on PvP because that is the only objective measurement of damage available. And obviously here the outcome is skewed by the fact that you die a whole lot less as pyro, and people aren't constantly line-of-sighting your attacks.

In group PvE there will really be no way to know until there are damage meters. At least in solo PvE, Pyro is far superior because you can easily kite difficult enemies.