Time to Merge Servers....

Thamelas

Not only have the zones felt empty in live compared to beta, but now most people can't even find a group to do heroic quests.

Bioware made entirely too many servers, and spread the player base too thin. Why did they do this? Short answer: Greed. They saw money, and tried to grab as many subscribers as possible. Now we the players are paying the price.

Edited by Thamelas

Strange because I am currently doing the holocron run and last night, there were so many people on each planet, 107 on tattoine, 109 on balmorra, I could go on. I think the server I am on is quite populated. Maybe you should reroll to another. :D

Not only have the zones felt empty in live compared to beta, but now most people can't even find a group to do heroic quests.

Bioware made entirely too many servers, and spread the player base too thin. Why did they do this? Short answer: Greed. They saw money, and tried to grab as many subscribers as possible. Now we the players are paying the price.

A game suddenly feels more empty from beta, when it was free, and to Live, when it is not free....

Wow, that is such a surprise...

Yes...there are more servers than needed, and that generally is what most MMOs do these days. As for merging, I don't think we're quite there yet.

Why mere servers ?!

*** are you talking about http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o08e_xlXAVc

Explain to me why we would merge servers when last night Im waiting on hour to get in to mine.

It's a very difficult balancing act, one i don't envy the BW system architects.

When the server queues were bad, people were demanding they open more servers as they had underestimated demand. Now you're saying they need to merge servers, do you realise how difficult that is to get right?

I think they've done a great job overall, maybe a few servers have ended up under-populated, just as a few are over-populated, you can't win them all, so try and cut them a bit of slack.

I'm going to have to second merging servers. Know mine could use one at least. Ridiculous how few are running around least on Republic side.

Makes trying to group rather comical especially with what little lfg tools there are available.

Problem is most people are rolling sith in imperial side. You are seeing low population because people like playing the bad guy better. Try rolling an imperial.

Problem is most people are rolling sith in imperial side. You are seeing low population because people like playing the bad guy better. Try rolling an imperial.

Yeah I've thought about it. Chances are if I make any alts I will. Hate to do that now though. I thought there would be some imbalance but this is simply ridiculous.

I normally like playing the underdog but at this point it is simply not fun because trying to find people for groups is like pulling teeth.

Gotta say though. While I do agree with you and think you're right it really sucks that is the best route to go. Shouldn't have to be that way :/

Edited by GarbonzotheDude

Because while yours is overporpulated others are dwindling?

It isn't like he's suggesting the servers should be merged with yours.

It would be merging together the underpopulated ones.

And when in 3 months all the servers have queu's you'll be crying how greedy Bioware is and that they need more servers, I expect :D

A game suddenly feels more empty from beta, when it was free, and to Live, when it is not free....

Wow, that is such a surprise...

Yes...there are more servers than needed, and that generally is what most MMOs do these days. As for merging, I don't think we're quite there yet.

I agree beta people were everywhere hell i got into open world PVP on nar shadda. now? well lets just say trying to make the first weeks Q 's light bit them in the A. all in all i beleive bioware had the best intentions on every lvl with this game. they simply are iin expierenced at making a MMO.

And when in 3 months all the servers have queu's you'll be crying how greedy Bioware is and that they need more servers, I expect :D

Uh no, isn't my first mmo. Well aware of queues and have dealt with them many times in the past.

Try harder next time. Not that three months from now there will be much of a queue for any server anyways.

Not greed, pragmatism. 1) more servers = more money out of their pocket, 2) more servers = more stable servers, 3) more servers = room to grow without needing to constantly be doing transfers.

Sounds like good decision making to me and I happen to be an IT infrastructure architect....but ofcourse the anonymous forum poster knows better...3 weeks in.

Uh no, isn't my first mmo. Well aware of queues and have dealt with them many times in the past.

Try harder next time. Not that three months from now there will be much of a queue for any server anyways.

Ah there it is, the whole "THE GAME WILL BE DEAD IN X TIME" reply.

never have this problem and my server load is standard / high . Maybe you are just impatient. for example : LFG heroic quest X / flashpoint X ............ 5 -10 min after : dont find enough people ==> swtor.forum & complain = solution to all my "problems"

Edited by Kozzmozz

Sales figures say otherwise.

And? So what? Not bashing the game here or trying to say it is failing. Just answering the op and due to how sparse my server is least on republic side I must say I agree.

Why don't you save your senseless replies for someone actually hating on the game because frankly you're just wasting it here.

And? So what? Not bashing the game here or trying to say it is failing. Just answering the op and due to how sparse my server is least on republic side I must say I agree.

Why don't you save your senseless replies for someone actually hating on the game because frankly you're just wasting it here.

And it means that merging servers after 3 weeks with still rising sales is assisine and throwing away money, especially if, as Bioware clearly does, you believe the game will keep growing.

If the same situation persists after 3-4 months then you might want to consider it.senseless is advocating such drastic measures within a month with rising sales.

Edited by MrTijger