Hey Imps, reroll Republic...no really

KidMcClaren

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started off republic then saw the Knight 50 pvp gear and instantly rerolled my pre-release character. Until they either change that horrid space samurai armor or allow us to pull out the armoring mod I won't be playing republic.

It's not republic or sith side problem. Bw needs to introduce a pvp expertise mods so that we can use orange gear and not be force to all look the same. That is a better solution in that we can use what ever orange gear we want.

It's not republic or sith side problem. Bw needs to introduce a pvp expertise mods so that we can use orange gear and not be force to all look the same. That is a better solution in that we can use what ever orange gear we want.

I agree but right now looking like a robot with everyone else is much better than being part of the spandex samurai club.

You know when else it's hard to run endgame? When the the Whole game is dead.

Look at the pops you log into now and wonder when servers are going to start shutting down and merging.

Server xferring all the time sucks and it destroys community, especially because if you're going to xfer (assuming they ever allow it) might as well head to where the pop is, which is going to be Imperial. It's a nasty self perpetuating cycle. People say it's early, but I'm already worried.

http://www.torstatus.net/shards/us

Aion is the perfect example of faction imbalance destroying their game especially with world pvp being 700 vs 200 on seige nights many many many people quit the game over being out numbered every night at siege time to the point where it was just a slaughter.

You know when else it's hard to run endgame? When the the Whole game is dead.

Look at the pops you log into now and wonder when servers are going to start shutting down and merging.

Server xferring all the time sucks and it destroys community, especially because if you're going to xfer (assuming they ever allow it) might as well head to where the pop is, which is going to be Imperial. It's a nasty self perpetuating cycle. People say it's early, but I'm already worried.

http://www.torstatus.net/shards/us

Sorry to pop your doomsday bubble, but if you click your link and under the graph you click the "24 hour" option it will show you what each server is really like. The graph you link has rises and dips, but the dips look much larger than they really are. This is because its spread out over several days. Clicking the 24 hour option and even the Weekly option will give you a more accurate picture.

When you are done doin that, go to Iron Citadel server, we are perfectly fine. Go to nearly any server, they are perfectly fine. If they merged servers, hour queue times would be back with a vengeance.

I rolled shadow in the beginning, leveld it to 40, omg what a sucky storyline it was, i couldnt take it anymore

Then rolled a jedi guardian, didnt know all damn armors were hooded.I ran around 40 levels with hooded armors, NO HAIR, forced to use medium armor, couldnt see my char's face

The last drop was, seeing level 50 pvp armor of JK.I instantly rerolled empire and believe me I was legacy level 8 over half million credits, i didnt give ****.Consular pvp sets are like chicken costumes, and JK is like a *********** samurai, THE WORST ARMOR DESIGNS I HAVE EVER SEE in an MMO, no turn hood off option, delayed animations, enough is enough

Now I am enjoying my light side Sith warrior really much, going light makes the game really interesting, better armors, I can find grps even at 3am, alwayys active community, I dont give **** if reps are outnumbered, this is BW's design flaw.

I am sure that BW feared of reps being overpopuplated and always advertised imps, gave them better appereance and better storyline, to balance things out, but it didnt go as planned.I dont wanna be a chicken or samurai at level 50.And I am happy as imp.

I considered going republic just so I could play a dark jedi shadow but I can't let go of my sith pureblood social ability. It provides me with enjoyment during my travel times *whack ... take that you fail companion* :D

That is to funny and true, I look at KHEM VAL different now. Never thought I would see the big guy cry like a little girl. :)

I keep trying to roll Republic, but it's really hard to get into the inferior storylines.

I hear the Consular's gets really good by Chapter 2, but Chapter 1 just drags on and on.

TBH the smuggler and trooper stories are great. But they have animations that are sluggish and delayed. Trooper cannot reliably interrupt casts that are 1.5 seconds long, for example, because their interrupt takes 1 second to actually interrupt the target.

Does Bioware care?

They've said nothing on any of the issues brought up in this thread and many others like it. So if I'm to reach an answer using what evidence Bioware has given us, the clear answer would be no.

Edited by Auxili

Sorry to pop your doomsday bubble, but if you click your link and under the graph you click the "24 hour" option it will show you what each server is really like. The graph you link has rises and dips, but the dips look much larger than they really are. This is because its spread out over several days. Clicking the 24 hour option and even the Weekly option will give you a more accurate picture.

When you are done doin that, go to Iron Citadel server, we are perfectly fine. Go to nearly any server, they are perfectly fine. If they merged servers, hour queue times would be back with a vengeance.

I wasn't trying to show that the servers have dip times. Of course there are peak times and slow times as dictated by peoples schedules, that's neither here nor there.

What I was looking at was the steady decline of pop during the peak times, indicating a steadily declining population. That graph will be very interesting to look after the first round of subs expire on the 20th. Hopefully it will remain similar instead of continuing the trend.

As an interesting (and completely off topic) side note I thought your signature was quite amusing as the 2 numbers it cites do not correlate to one another. A 90% win ration has nothing to do with 10% of the population. Had the quote said 90% of the population claim a 90% win ratio (which is what the OP is most likely implying), then made it's claim about the 10% of the population it would have made sense. It did not do this and makes no sense as the 90% and 10% describe unrelated variables. Perhaps it is just meant a very clever troll ;).

I forgot to ask if the faction population numbers on Iron Citadel are actually even. While this is what you imply by "just fine", I'd like to know if you've actually compared fleet and Ilum populations during peak times. If it is true that they are even it would be a good sign indeed and the first server I've heard of with a balanced population.

I've tried numerous times to play republic but the armor and the classes and the storylines just suck.

Tried consular first. Boring story, you throw dirt at people to fight and your high level armor looks absolutely ridiculous.

Smuggler. There's some weird animation ability lag. The story is boring, some annoying guy steals your ship and always seems to just get away. lame.

Trooper is the only one i've been playing for awhile but the whole good soldier routine gets old.

Haven't really tried jedi knight yet.

The republic is just way way way way too goody goody and the armor on most repub classes is fugly.