how long between waves?

CeruleanSun

Are you using the updated BETA client? Some friend of mine had the same problem and yeah, he had to reinstall the hole game =(

Glad I played it safe since the download was available early and just deleted Beta and reinstalled the new client.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well some hope is better than no hope. I knew yesterday that today was going to be a brutal day. I got home from work yesterday around 6pm PST.... and went to bed at around 8pm PST just so I could pass the time faster. I kept waking up every couple of hours due to anticipation until 4am finally came around. Checked my email... no email. Even tried logging in just for kicks. Yea that didn't work out. Then I went back to sleep and woke back up at 6am PST and repeated the process. Now I absolutely can't sleep and today is my day off.

It's gonna be a very brutal day methinks. I've got 3 tabs open in my browser. One is for SR's twitter feed... one is for my email... and the other is for the forums here. I swear I feel like a kid again waiting for my parents to wake up so I can open Christmas gifts. :)

A New Hope? Sounds like a good name for a movie lol.

That is disappointing, but part of the problem is where you live. It's an american company so you have to expect they would launch around an american time zone.

Is that why we are getting our hard copies before US?

Your kind of attitude is exactly why so many people are anti-american. They should not claim to be a global company and claim a global launch when they can't deliver. And yes, I have worked for multinationals before, and we never had an issue in making sure EU and US could get things at the same time. Mind you, in my mind a global launch would have included Australia, so I don't think they can claim global launch anyway.

Good heavens, you've managed to get me worked up about something that doesn't really bother me. I'm quite happy waiting, I just know there are loads of people (US and EU) who pre-ordered on the 21st, and have had to put in the code late through no fault of their own (and please, don't say 'you should have used a different retailer', in some countries your choice was limited). I was hoping BW would be considerate and make the waves big enough to accommodate these players. Hoping being the operative word!

It's gonna be a very brutal day methinks. I've got 3 tabs open in my browser. One is for SR's twitter feed... one is for my email... and the other is for the forums here. I swear I feel like a kid again waiting for my parents to wake up so I can open Christmas gifts. :)

lol..same here all 3 tabs..at work (in Eastern Europe)...just preping to go home from work..my worry is that I will get on very late in the evening and tomorrow I have a hard day on work (last day since from 15 I'm on vacation:P)

It's not a matter of reading SR's posts. The fact of even doing it in waves is ridiculous. They say it's to "manage stress on the servers during EA" but isn't that what the stress-test Beta was for where ALL pre-orders were invited?

Agreed just had this conversation with a friend on the phone, the fact that news alerts on the launch screen say 2 servers were down and that this is for stress purposes when they were supposed to really hit stress hard over the past month on Beta invites.

I dont mind waiting... its an awsome game, worth waiting for. But im from Europe, and the EU servers arnt even online yet, that bothers me.... cant they at least give some time indication, so i dont have to sit here for hours pondering.

Time indication would work.

I dont mind waiting... its an awsome game, worth waiting for. But im from Europe, and the EU servers arnt even online yet, that bothers me.... cant they at least give some time indication, so i dont have to sit here for hours pondering.

EU Servers are not online ? oO

@RockjawStephen Reid

@Malvious It's an issue we're fixing. EU servers are up.

Glad I played it safe since the download was available early and just deleted Beta and reinstalled the new client.

Last night I got the bug... I deleted my wife’s beta client from Thanksgiving weekend, and re-installed it fresh... this morning I did the same to mine.

There was no way I would be in the release today, might as well get rid of all the old beta files left over.

Pre-ordered in September, if I get in by Friday.. I will be a happy camper... if I get in earlier than that it is just a bonus.

But from the time I heard about how they were doing early access, I figured this coming weekend I would be playing, and that is what I hope for

I wish they would have just gave out times available like they did in beta where they told people in emails that you would be able to log in this day at this time. But I experienced the game in Beta and know that its not much longer before we will all be enjoying it. We could be back to the beginning of the year again waiting for them to announce a release date.

They are. It's the ones here: http://www.swtor.com/server-status that have a time zone of N/A under the US listing.

I don't see myself getting in until Saturday or Sunday, but its cool cuz I gotta finish up finals then pack to go home.

I Pre-ordered 12/10 so i'll be lucky if I even get in for early access. I heard however that they send emails out every hour for early access so maybe they will get through them fast.

Another thing to consider is that Gaming Reviewers probably got the first couple of codes so they can begin playing and reviewing the game.

Edited by DomDecoco

It's not just a matter of the EU servers, though that does suck for you guys=(.

It's absolutely mind-blowing to me that a company the size of BW can work on a game the scope of TOR yet can't possibly manage in the 10 days since previous beta to compile emails and send them out AHEAD OF TIME letting you know when you are able to get in.

I wish they would have just gave out times available like they did in beta where they told people in emails that you would be able to log in this day at this time. But I experienced the game in Beta and know that its not much longer before we will all be enjoying it. We could be back to the beginning of the year again waiting for them to announce a release date.

I think this is part of my problem. I didn't participate in any of the beta weekends due to limited bandwidth. So I am eager to see the game in action for the first time. :)