how long between waves?

CeruleanSun

Pre-ordered in November so i was expecting to have to wait a few days (maybe more) into EA, but still i barely slept last night over dreams about getting in day 1, then waking up and realizing it was only a dream, rinse and repeat.

Its scary how much i want this game, so much so that its freaking me out.

Please send November invites out soon for the sake of my sanity BW, pweeeeze /attempted emotional blackmail.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

guess its 1 wave every hour...

Question: Anyone from EU gotten in yet...? Or do we have to wait longer then US.

Yep.Some EU server have already high pop and my brother is playing (Germany).

I am still waiting.Redeemed 22/7 tho.

Edited by Sabredance

I feel like in a lot of ways, the early access waves are going to have the in-game community very on edge and rude these first few days...

I personally don't understand the rude part. Yea we're all excited and everyone is a bit edgy in regards to getting in... but that's certainly no reason to be rude. I like to think of this as a line for a midnight release for a movie/game/whatever. We're all fans of what brought us together to form a line in front of the whatever and we're all chatting with each other to pass the time. Maybe I'm looking at it as the glass is half full kinda thing, but seriously... no reason to be rude. We're all in the same boat right? :)

I personally don't understand the rude part. Yea we're all excited and everyone is a bit edgy in regards to getting in... but that's certainly no reason to be rude. I like to think of this as a line for a midnight release for a movie/game/whatever. We're all fans of what brought us together to form a line in front of the whatever and we're all chatting with each other to pass the time. Maybe I'm looking at it as the glass is half full kinda thing, but seriously... no reason to be rude. We're all in the same boat right? :)

agreed

If this graphic is to be believed, then none of this stuff makes any sense.

http://i.imgur.com/TqjEx.jpg

If only 120,000 people pre-ordered in July then how can they not be through August or September by now? The weekend Beta's had significantly higher numbers than 120,000. What was the point of stressing the servers?

Thats 120k number, are people in the USA only, and which only bought retail copies/hard copies...

That number doesn't include the rest of the world, nor does it include digital online orders...

Edited by Felgor

That's how it always goes. US 1st and EU 2nd.

Clearly not looking at the server population page or even the rest of the threads....

Question: Anyone from EU gotten in yet...? Or do we have to wait longer then US.

Due to time zone differences, most EU players are at the back of the 21st July queue, which is why right now there are more US than EU players in. Expect some of the later waves to be mainly EU when the time zone situation flips over.

Edited by Heappestre

If only 120,000 people pre-ordered in July then how can they not be through August or September by now? The weekend Beta's had significantly higher numbers than 120,000. What was the point of stressing the servers?

I think that its going to move a bit faster than that timetable you posted good sir.

I would be highly surprised if they don't really start opening the floodgates later today after ~12 hours to make sure that everything is ok to really start letting a lot of numbers in

Mainly because we all know how people act in MMO's.

People already act completely differently then they do to people in public. Add in the fact that they're angry about having to wait, and you get Barrens Chat all over again.

This is exactly what I don't understand. The final weekend beta let in a least 100k people in the first wave, and I believe it was closer to 200k. Yet they are trickling people in at an incredibly slow rate.

I'm busy as it is and couldn't play if I wanted to, so I don't really care, but it just doesn't make sense.

Mainly because we all know how people act in MMO's.

People already act completely differently then they do to people in public. Add in the fact that they're angry about having to wait, and you get Barrens Chat all over again.

OH!!!! not WOW Barrens chat......

This is exactly what I don't understand. The final weekend beta let in a least 100k people in the first wave, and I believe it was closer to 200k. Yet they are trickling people in at an incredibly slow rate.

I'm busy as it is and couldn't play if I wanted to, so I don't really care, but it just doesn't make sense.

Thats 120k number, are people in the USA only, and which only bought retail copies/hard copies...

That number doesn't include the rest of the world, nor does it include digital online orders...