Is there a in-game voice chat? and if not would you think it would be good to have?

Aleriastar

Is there a ingame voice chat, Ive looked at all the settings etc but havent found any sign of it yet but then agin I could of easlley missed it :s.

Onto secoend question if there isnt a In-game voice chat would you like one? really i wouldent i mean it may be good for pvp and pugs but i don't really find it nessacery, and if people wondering why ive made a thread looking for a in-game voice chat when i don't want one its just cause i am curious about it :).

Previous experience has shown me that an in-game voice chat wouldn't be used. And no, there isn't one.

Good to know there isnt one :), and yer i was thinking same thing people didn't use theres in WoW then agin it was broken alot... but yer most people will just use chat to my thinking.

the MMO I came from(DDO) used a peer 2 peer(like bittorrent) in order to deliver voice chat to parties/raids.

This is an awesome feature and I do miss it. guilds will use a 3rd party program but that doesn't help the pug scene. especially with warzones where it can be pugs vs premades.

edit - i dont see how it couldn't be useful(unless it was disabled by default). this kind of feature would be awesome in warzones

Edited by FourTwent

I have a pretty bad experience from other games with voice chat, everyone have diffrent volume on their mics, some guys are just annoying playing music or screaming etc.

I have nothing against using voice chat with friends but I think third party programs works great so there is no real need to have it ingame.

Not only is ingame voice not needed due to much better offerings like teamspeak, mumble and ventrillo being out there but any game that does has ingame voice options always seems to be much more laggy after the feature is added.

Oh, so you were in my guild were you? Well, you say that NO guilds use it. I'm telling you that guilds DO use ingame chat tools.

Actually no, I'm pretty sure that... looking back... oh yeah there it is. I said "In my experience" so by definition no I was not in your guild. Hence MY experience.

• 1 month later...

I'm so happy to see this topic being discussed elsewhere on the forums as well. Here are a couple other threads discussing this as well. Getting more support for this feature would be wonderful if we could actually get the developers to build it into the game. :)

Give Light-Side Points for an UPVOTE! :)

:sy_lightside:

Edited by Yoda-Sempai

Not only is ingame voice not needed due to much better offerings like teamspeak, mumble and ventrillo being out there but any game that does has ingame voice options always seems to be much more laggy after the feature is added.

and so you get into a pug FP and....

wait for everyone to agree on which voice chat system to use, go and download it if they dont have it, mistype the ip and password a few times, adjust their volume, find their mic isn't working, sort out any conflicts with other voice chat apps they had running because their guild uses a different one, then get ready to play.

or.....

join group, voice chat channel created in-game... everyone can hear everyone, people already set up thier hardware to speak if they want to. play