Someone needs to explain to me why this is reasonable.

Phaentom

So if you go up to any of your friendly commendation vendors, specifically the Item modification commendation vendors, you will notice that the mods they offer are of a lower level for specifically the Reflex and Skill Mods/Armor/Barrels then for literally everything else.

For an example, the Taris Mod Vendor will sell me lvl 35 of any item mod there, except for the Reflex/Skill, Reflex items up to lvl 33 and Skill items up to 31.

For an Agent its pretty pointless to spend our commendations on mods to keep our gear up to date when the mods we can buy with them are for 3 levels lower than we are.

What is this reasoning for this? I noticed it first when I was leveling my BH and I had to buy Commando mods instead of reflex because the Commando ones were 2 levels higher, well now that im an Agent and the Skill mods are FOUR levels lower its very frustrating.

So, *** is the deal with this and its literally all of the commendation vendors.

So if you go up to any of your friendly commendation vendors, specifically the Item modification commendation vendors, you will notice that the mods they offer are of a lower level for specifically the Reflex and Skill Mods/Armor/Barrels then for literally everything else.

For an example, the Taris Mod Vendor will sell me lvl 35 of any item mod there, except for the Reflex/Skill, Reflex items up to lvl 33 and Skill items up to 31.

For an Agent its pretty pointless to spend our commendations on mods to keep our gear up to date when the mods we can buy with them are for 3 levels lower than we are.

What is this reasoning for this? I noticed it first when I was leveling my BH and I had to buy Commando mods instead of reflex because the Commando ones were 2 levels higher, well now that im an Agent and the Skill mods are FOUR levels lower its very frustrating.

So, *** is the deal with this and its literally all of the commendation vendors.

Same for jedi/sith you have to get Force User instead of Resolve because Resolve will always be 2 levels lower (if available)

Same for jedi/sith you have to get Force User instead of Resolve because Resolve will always be 2 levels lower (if available)

We already knew that Bioware hates Consulars. The ludicrous gear and boring companions are proof of that.

So essentially were being forced to choose the mods with more endurance then our main stat, im sure they have their reasoning, but im not a fan of it.

I was under the impression it was only agents, but if it isnt then its at least fair, just dont like it.

Edited by Phaentom

It's odd. My inquisitor does find that all the Resolve stuff is the next planet along, and that if I want Resolve items, I can have e.g. 12, but Force Wielder is up at 14 for the same commendations. I presumed it was to either annoy non-endurance users or promote some form of crafting usage, but it seems very one-sided.

Perhaps there's a hint in there somewhere about a focus on health? I've no idea...

Edited by Grammarye

• 2 weeks later...

Just venting about this very issue right now.

Might

Resolve

Reflex

These three types are poorly stocked by every single commendation vendor.

E.g.

Guardian = Endurance over Strength

Might = Strength over Endurance

Coruscant Commendation Mods:

Guardian Armoring 4

Guardian Armoring 5

Guardian Hilt 4

Guardian Hilt 5

Guardian Mod 4

Guardian Mod 5

but then...

Might Armoring 2

Might Armoring 4

Might Hilt 2

Might Hilt 4

Might Mod 2

:mad::mad::mad:

It is like this at every single vendor. For some reason these 3 types are all sold several levels lower than all the others. At NO point can you buy a mod for one of these types at the top of its level range.

/end rant

It could be that they tested and determined the same level of mods for one class does not equate to the same benefits for another. So perhaps an agent getting mods of the same level gives you a noticeable benefit over other classes (ok might be a bit of a reach) either way I am sure there is some kind of explanation for this.

That being said there is always the option of purchasing mods and seling them on gtn then buying the mods you require, this is what I do on my jedi knight and it has worked well, much of the time i come out with a small profit.

I believe the reason is to people who can craft mods don't feel useless.

Until about level 30-35, crafters can make only Might, Reflex, Skill, and Resolve mods. Withe the commendations set up the way they are these crafters can feel more relevant without forcing players to buy from them.

The endurance focused mods may not be optimal, but they get the job done.

It could also be that Endurance is weighted differently than "primary' stats when item value is determined....WoW did exactly that with Stamina starting with BC; made it cost half the item points that other main stats did, so that they could add Stamina to 3-stat item without massively inflating the item level.

So, Endurance ends up being cheaper for the same relative item value....just a theory.